PDA

View Full Version : Female Oriented C++ -- :D



jawwadalam
12-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Well Check out Structures in Female Oriented C++... which I have recieved by a mail..... LOL



struct female_professionals
{
double styles;
short skirts;
long time_to_understand_problems;
float mind;
void knowledge;
char non_co-operative;
};

struct beautiful_city_girl
{
double boyfriends;
short affairs;
long stories;
void greymatter;
char flirt;
};

struct engaged_females
{
double time_on_phone;
short attention_on_work;
long boast;
float on_cloud_nine;
void understanding;
char edgy;
};

struct newly_married_females
{
double dinner_invitation;
short time_at_work;
long lunch_break;
void bank_balance;
char hen_pecked;
};

struct married_females
{
double weight;
short tempered;
long gossip;
float hopes;
void word;
char unstable;
};

struct old_lady // hehhehehe
{
double chin;
short memory;
long sighs;
void attention_from_men;
char chatterbox;
};

struct husband_wife_professionals
{
double income;
short tempered;
long time_no_see_each_other;
void love_life;
char money_making;
};


Any disagreements... ? ? :D ;)

jawwadalam
12-24-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by vVv
>Any disagreements... ? ?

> void knowledge;

Illegal.

> void greymatter;

Illegal.

> void understanding;

Illegal.

> void bank_balance;

Illegal.

> void word;

Illegal.

> void attention_from_men;

Illegal.

> void love_life;

Illegal.

I think you hate void coz of void main(void)?

:D :D

Prelude
12-24-2002, 08:48 PM
>I think you hate void coz of void main(void)?
No, variables of type void are illegal in C++. You also have a syntax error here:

char non_co-operative;

the - isn't a valid character for an identifier.

-Prelude

MethodMan
12-24-2002, 08:51 PM
I dont think a non-programmer would have written up something like that, because they would have no clue regarding the syntax. It must have been a noob, who just wanted to make something funny. Couldnt they at least compile it? hehe :D

Shadow12345
12-24-2002, 08:56 PM
long time_to_understand_problems;

I'm not a female but i resent that. As soon as I read that I stopped reading because I knew this entire post would be dumb. And just as a side note Prelude is female and knows everything and could easily kick all of our asses. *bows* boo ya!

alpha
12-24-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Shadow12345
I'm not a female but i resent that. As soon as I read that I stopped reading because I knew this entire post would be dumb. And just as a side note Prelude is female and knows everything and could easily kick all of our asses. *bows* boo ya!

agreed, i read through, i don't support most of it. most of it is corny.

*ClownPimp*
12-24-2002, 09:09 PM
sheesh. nobody can seem to let a joke just be a joke these days

SilentStrike
12-24-2002, 09:14 PM
It's a bad joke though.

A. it's not funny
B. It's not even valid C++ (See vVv's post)
C. It's root (women are dumb/don't belong programming) is not something I believe to be true.. honestly, I'd like to see more women in the field.

alpha
12-24-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by SilentStrike
It's a bad joke though.

A. it's not funny
B. It's not even valid C++ (See vVv's post)
C. It's root (women are dumb/don't belong programming) is not something I believe to be true.. honestly, I'd like to see more women in the field.

I agree.

RoD
12-24-2002, 10:48 PM
every man here should bow to prelude, is shes like the ultimate woman lol.

Commander
12-24-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by SilentStrike
honestly, I'd like to see more women in the field. ah so you want girls in short skirts in your prog classes inspiring your programming skills!!!:D

>> every man here should bow to prelude, is shes like the ultimate woman lol.
i feel sorry for the idiot who wants to argue to that :rolleyes:

joshdick
12-25-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Commander
ah so you want girls in short skirts in your prog classes inspiring your programming skills!!!:D
Yeah, I'd like to see more (any) girls in my programming class. At the beginning of the school year there was one girl in my beginning C++ class. She said that she didn't chose it; a guidance counselor just stuck her there. She transfered out of that class the next day:(

We guys, though, just laughed it off. "Well, now we can go back to saying 'You program like a girl!' without ........ing off any girls. Ha, ha, ha."; however, I still wish there were some girls in my programming class. For the past few years at my high school, the only girls in programming class were stuck there against their will. The few girls who stuck around for the whole course did pretty poorly.

This sort of thing makes me wonder if girls can be any good at programming, but then I came to this forum and Prelude corrects someone's code. Still, sometimes I get the feeling that, generally speaking, guys tend to be better programmers than girls. I don't want to think that, but it's hard not to when the only programmers I know of are male. I really hope I meet some female programmers in college.

face_master
12-25-2002, 01:53 AM
>> boo ya!

You're stealing my booya's?? :rolleyes: They're mine!

ammar
12-25-2002, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Commander
ah so you want girls in short skirts in your prog classes inspiring your programming skills!!!:D

>> every man here should bow to prelude, is shes like the ultimate woman lol.
i feel sorry for the idiot who wants to argue to that :rolleyes:

I agree with Commander...

>sheesh. nobody can seem to let a joke just be a joke these days

Maybe because it's a bad one.

BTW: I didn't see any member functions in those structs, Thanks GOD.

civix
12-26-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Prelude
>I think you hate void coz of void main(void)?
No, variables of type void are illegal in C++. You also have a syntax error here:

char non_co-operative;

the - isn't a valid character for an identifier.

-Prelude

Ouch! She burnt yo to a chunky little crisp!

I basically agree with all of that. add:



struct cowgirls
{
nice_ass;
barrel_racer;
very_smart;
not_in_playboy;
very_sensitive;
};
//Thats officially my favorite structure.


Hehe.


>>BTW: I didn't see any member functions in those structs, Thanks GOD.



struct Prelude
{
good_programmer;
knows_more_than_alla_you_and_me;
will_most_likely_correct_me_on_this_struct;
};


Hehe. :p

LordVirusXXP
12-27-2002, 01:19 AM
Prelude's a girl?

ober
12-27-2002, 07:57 AM
wow you people really need to lighten up...

first of all, it was a joke... take it as such... secondly, i don't think anyone ever intended to compile it and actually get it to run...

damn... some people need to walk away from their computers for a bit and get some fresh air... I know plenty of females both programmers and not who would have laughed at that...

stuck on the syntax you all are.. see the petty humor you can't.

ober
12-27-2002, 08:49 AM
your opinion... i respect that.

civix
12-27-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by LordVirusXXP
Prelude's a girl?

Yeh. What did you think she is, an extra-terrestrial lifeform from SR388? Hehe...

Travis Dane
12-27-2002, 11:26 AM
Maybe there needs to be inlcuded a gender option in the
profile, otherwise whe might get more 'prelude's a girl?'
misunderstandings.

PJYelton
12-27-2002, 11:37 AM
What difference does it make? Anyone plan on treating those marked female any differently? I think if the person wants others know what their gender is, they'll let'em know.

Prelude
12-27-2002, 11:50 AM
>Anyone plan on treating those marked female any differently?
I'd had that problem with many other forums before I came here, everyone waving off my opinions and corrections because I ws a girl (and girls can't program :rolleyes: ), so for quite some time I kept my posts carefully neutral here until my name leaked out somewhere.

-Prelude

LordVirusXXP
12-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Travis Dane
Maybe there needs to be inlcuded a gender option in the
profile, otherwise whe might get more 'prelude's a girl?'
misunderstandings.

I agree with that. Not like I'm going to treat girls any differently, just so I know who's who. Before now, I thought Prelude was a guy. Let's all tell the Web Masta to put in a gender option in peoples' profiles.

ober
12-27-2002, 01:14 PM
why? I don't understand why it matters what gender you or anyone else is?! Why does it matter whether you know jack sh1t about anyone else? This is a help forum... not a meet-n-greet forum. You don't need to know everything about a person to answer their C questions.

LordVirusXXP
12-27-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ober5861
why? I don't understand why it matters what gender you or anyone else is?! Why does it matter whether you know jack sh1t about anyone else? This is a help forum... not a meet-n-greet forum. You don't need to know everything about a person to answer their C questions.

Pardon me sir, but last time I checked this isn't the C++ Forum, this is the General Discussion Forum where people talk about non-C++ related things. And besides, it never hurts to know what gender someone is.

joshdick
12-27-2002, 10:40 PM
I think it'd be a good idea to know the gender of people to avoid misunderstandings. Prelude, I think that's horrible that some programmers have treated you differently due to your gender; however, I don't think you've had that problem here at the C Board. I may be wrong, but from what I've seen here, you are generally worshipped as a great programmer and someone who is very helpful and knowlegable.

The other reason why I'd like to see a gender option is so that I can learn that female programmers can be just as good, if not better, than male programmers. Prelude, you have truly taught me that there are female programmers in the world and they can be really great programmers. Thank you for that and all of your help with programming.

"Let's all tell the Web Masta to put in a gender
option in peoples' profiles."
I think that's a good suggestion, but I have a feeling that some feel quite differently. I think I'll start up a poll to see how many people think that a gender option would be a good idea.


Oh, one more reason why I'd like to see that option in a profile. If it was open-ended like location, I'm sure people would come up with funny little things to put for that the way in which they do for location. I think "In a stack" was my favorite that I saw. *small chuckle*

alpha
12-29-2002, 01:36 AM
off topic (but I didn't want to make a new thread about this): in joshdick's sig, #define is listed as evil. I want to know why? thanks.

joshdick
12-29-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by alpha
off topic (but I didn't want to make a new thread about this): in joshdick's sig, #define is listed as evil. I want to know why? thanks.
alpha, here are the reasons for using const instead of #define:

they obey the language's scoping rules
you can see them in the debugger
you can take their address if you need to
you can pass them by const-reference if you need to
they don't create new "keywords" in your program.

So, instead of
#define true 1
do this:
const int true = 1;
For more info on that, go here (http://home.wanadoo.nl/efx/c++-faq/newbie.html#faq-29.7).
Also, by evil I don't mean to say that #define should never be used. It's just that it should only be used when it's the lesser of two evils. That's why I use the word 'evil' istead of 'wrong' or 'bad'. However, there is absolutely no reason to use void main.

joshdick
12-29-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Ken Fitlike
as someone else has noted, most people would probably choose to fill such fields with witty/witless fiction.
That's the biggest reason why it should be included—for humor. Really, more things should be done merely for humor's sake. I think I'd get a kick out of the jokes people would put in for their gender.

alpha
12-31-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by joshdick
alpha, here are the reasons for using const instead of #define:

they obey the language's scoping rules
you can see them in the debugger
you can take their address if you need to
you can pass them by const-reference if you need to
they don't create new "keywords" in your program.

So, instead of
#define true 1
do this:
const int true = 1;
For more info on that, go here (http://home.wanadoo.nl/efx/c++-faq/newbie.html#faq-29.7).
Also, by evil I don't mean to say that #define should never be used. It's just that it should only be used when it's the lesser of two evils. That's why I use the word 'evil' istead of 'wrong' or 'bad'. However, there is absolutely no reason to use void main.

oh, okay. i haven't seen
#define true 1 before. the only place I've seen #define is with classes. thanks for the explanation.

joshdick
12-31-2002, 04:14 PM
Yeah, alpha, header files are the most necessary uses for #define. Your welcome for the explanation. :cool:

Codulation
12-31-2002, 08:33 PM
I want to know why? thanks.



alpha, here are the reasons for using const instead of #define:



they obey the language's scoping rules
you can see them in the debugger
you can take their address if you need to
you can pass them by const-reference if you need to
they don't create new "keywords" in your program.

You forgot about the bad, nasty macros that should be replaced with inline functions...