PDA

View Full Version : Life Sucks!!

The Junglist
12-19-2002, 01:15 PM
Monday night a very close friend of mine was shot dead point blank. The bastards who did it shot him five times, a bullet in each leg, one in the stomach, and two in the head. He was only 19 years of age. They were three altogether, one got away safely, and the other was shot in his back and leg.

All that my friend wanted to do was make a bloody phone call, and now he's dead. The perpetrators were probably high on something. Tuesday morning I got a phone call from one of my other friends, and he told me what had happened, and I couldn't believe it. A few hours later it hit me, my friend was dead, and I wasn't gonna see him ever again.

Can someone tell me what the f**k is wrong with this world?

Magos
12-19-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by The Junglist
Can someone tell me what the f**k is wrong with this world?
Hate, Greed, Desire, Jealousy...

Shadow12345
12-19-2002, 01:52 PM
Someone else on these boards lost a friend not too long ago. Again I don't know what to say, and I am very saddened when I hear about people people killing each other, even though I don't know any of you. All I can say is I hope you can somehow pull through and get on with your own life, and that the people that committed the crime are caught and justice is served.

And yes certain conditions of the world really do suck.

Sang-drax
12-19-2002, 01:57 PM
:(
I'm sorry.

Originally posted by Shadow12345
Someone else on these boards lost a friend not too long ago.
When I hear about these things, I'm glad that I don't live in the US.

Davros
12-19-2002, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear.

minesweeper
12-19-2002, 02:04 PM
>>When I hear about these things, I'm glad that I don't live in the US.<<

The Junglist isn't in the US.

But regardless, a very sad event. Some people just seem to have little or no regard at all for the sanctity of human life.

RoD
12-19-2002, 02:10 PM
>>someone else

I think you meant me. If you mean my "Shes gone" topic shes not gone yet but the pains just setting in ya know. If your talking bout the girl i lost to the drug incident, yea its alot like this. Someone who doesn't mean anything in this world taking the life of another very close to you for no apparent reason is ****ing bull****.

There is nothing anyone can say, the pain never heals, it just takes time.

ammar
12-19-2002, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear that...

>>Life sucks...
That's sure.

Fredd
12-19-2002, 02:46 PM
>>>someone else
>I think you meant me.

If my memory serves me right, this was BMJ.
I'm pretty sure of it, can't seem to find the post though.

Im sorry for your loss though.

BMJ
12-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Life doesn't suck: people suck

That's terrible news, and I feel quite bad to hear about it, it honestly resurfaces a lot of shock-pain-wtf for me, and I hope that it doesn't discourage you from living out your own life. I know in the last 5 years I have seen and had things happen to me that most people are never going to, and I hope will never, have to see/live through.

I hate people... erm, most people. "they" are selfish, narrow-minded, bigoted, truly unempathetic things.

:( Sorry, man.

Originally posted by Shadow12345
Someone else on these boards lost a friend not too long ago.I'm impressed that you remember; it'll be 2 months from Dec 26 :(

ammar
12-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by BMJ
Life doesn't suck: people suck

Maybe they both suck...

MadHatter
12-19-2002, 03:10 PM
>>I'm impressed that you remember

i remember that.. but i wasn't posting at the time.

i'm sorry for your loss, both of you :(

>>Life doesn't suck: people suck
true... hopefully one day we can get past all this bull and live in peace... :(

RoD
12-19-2002, 03:25 PM
sorry for your loss BMJ, i didn't know or i would not have assumed he meant me.

12-19-2002, 03:58 PM
your loss does suck, there is no question.

this is one reason i favor the death penalty. people dont learn; people dont think. i say death and, if at all possible, torture for anyone that willfully commits an act of senseless violence or disregard towards any other human. these people are sick and they wont be cured from 2 weeks in a minimum security prison. everyone who thinks like this needs to be discouraged, and if they act out anyway, they dont deserve to live.

yes, i include people who are on drugs at the time the crime is committed. if they dont have the maturity or the outright common sense to not put themselves in that situation, they are just as guilty as anyone else.

i say 'justice over mercy'...

The Junglist
12-21-2002, 02:57 PM
His funeral was today. When I looked at him laying in the coffin, I couldn't control my tears.

I was told today that he and his friends were being robbed. My friend was talking to someone on a public phone, and then all of a sudden guns were withdrawn and bullets were fired.

I sure do hope these bastards are brought to justice.

Originally posted by BMJ
I hope that it doesn't discourage you from living out your own lifeI seem to be ok, thanks.

Thanks for all the sympathetic replies, it helps knowing that there are still many out there who have a brain and a conscience.

Scourfish
12-22-2002, 04:57 AM
**** man. Sorry to hear it. I've never witnessed something like that, so I can only try to empathise. If it would make you feel any better though: http://www.truemeaningoflife.com/taco/music/onlycar.mp3

Taco the wonder dog's mp3s always made me feel better.

LordVirusXXP
12-22-2002, 08:52 AM
Wow. That's pretty bad. You seem to be taking it pretty well. I'd be so ****ing ........ed off, I dont know what I'd do.

TravisS
12-23-2002, 04:53 AM
That's tough :(

While I haven't had the misfortune of losing my "true" freinds, I've lost an aunt and a grandmother.

About a month ago though I lost one of my best interenet freinds. Nearly a year ago he was standing up for a woman he did not know against 3 men. He got stabbed in the kidney and spent the rest of his life in and out of the hospital. Finally got to him and he died in his sleep.

It's amazing something like this can affect you so much, even though I had never met the man in real life.

Just keep you head up. With time it will get easier. Hopefully whoever did it has a fun life in jail...