PDA

View Full Version : Graph Theory

xds4lx
12-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Im just wondering if anyone else has had a class on this? Im having my final tomorow and trying to decide if I want to take the second part of this class next semester as an elective or not. I really like it and think its easy but then again we havent done much, we started doing combinatorics first and only graph theory at the end of the semester while the next class after this focuses all on graph theory.

Mister C
12-16-2002, 08:55 PM
I think it depends on your major- for CS discrete math and some applied graph theory is OK. Is it math based? Most graph theory books are mathematical. You may want to check out some graph theory books at your university to see if it what you want.

xds4lx
12-16-2002, 09:17 PM
I know its very mathematical, I have a choice between it and another stat class and i really hat statistics so im leaning towards the graph theory

Mister C
12-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Which university or college do you go to? Why not take abstract algebra or topology class instead?

What kind of stat? Applied stats is easy but mathematical stat is really hard!!

xds4lx
12-16-2002, 11:27 PM
Because for the math certificate the only classes i have left to choose from are discrete modeling II (combinatorics), statistical modeling or somethin like that, or calc III and i dont want to take any more calc!

ammar
12-17-2002, 03:20 AM
I'm taking this course now, and I don't find it very difficult, but I alway do mistakes in the exams.
But it's interesting

xds4lx
12-17-2002, 12:58 PM
I understand all we have done but im a little shakey on edge covers, the book doenst give any examples of them just vertex covers. I know they are basically the same thing but still im confused :'(