PDA

View Full Version : Tech. Support dudes

face_master
12-07-2002, 03:40 AM
I remember when I first got a computer (ages ago) I rang up tech support (we got a brand name Packard Bell - how stupid) there was a problem with the display. It was only 16 colours and the guy just "hrmm....just re-install windows." I fixed the problem on my own soon after. Then I had a problem trying to change my res and they said "Just re-install windows". FAR OUT. Is that all these people know how to do??

face_master
12-07-2002, 04:34 AM
yes, Ive seen that before. Funny as :D

ammar
12-07-2002, 05:40 AM
I think it's very true, I've seen many things like that from my friends. So don't think it's very strange, many people no matter how long they have been using a computer cann't get familiar with it.

face_master
12-07-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by ammar
I think it's very true, I've seen many things like that from my friends. So don't think it's very strange, many people no matter how long they have been using a computer cann't get familiar with it. Cant get familiar with the fact that it requires POWER?

MethodMan
12-07-2002, 11:28 AM
My old 486 wasnt working properly, it wouldnt allow me to access the 3 1/2 floppy. I brought it in and they said it was the motherboard. I wasnt going to get a new motherboard, so I tried fixing it myself. There was this wierd option in bios about a supervisor or user of the floppy. Changed it to user, and it worked.
MORONS!!!!!

They probably changed it, just so I would have to replace the motherboard.