PDA

View Full Version : Two wrongs dont make a right.

12-02-2002, 02:37 PM
here is something for you all to think about:

wrong is the opposite of right <== true
left is the opposite of right <== true

so both left and wrong must be the opposite of right, so they are the same thing.

going from that we have the old saying:

"two wrongs dont make a right"

well, since wrong is the same as left, it can be said:

"two lefts dont make a right"

this still comes out as a true statement, thus further validating that wrong and left are the same thing.

but here is the twist: two lefts dont make a right, but THREE do!

"three lefts make a right"

that being said, we can replace left with wrong again, and we get the statement:

"three wrongs make a right"

the moral of the story is, if someone does something wrong to you, you must do, not one, but TWO wrong things back to that person to rectify it.

Brian
12-02-2002, 02:40 PM
implicit declaration of function `int ignore(...)'

12-02-2002, 02:42 PM
#include <stupidity.h>

civix
12-02-2002, 02:54 PM
#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#define crazy(user) cout<<user<<"is crazy :D";

int main()
{
crazy("Brian");
cout<<"\n";
crazy("...");
cout<<"\n";
cout<<"\n";

cout<<"This Strange Program Courtesy of Civix!\n";

system("PAUSE");

return 0;
}

My best work...lovely :D

Unregd
12-02-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ...
here is something for you all to think about:

wrong is the opposite of right <== true
left is the opposite of right <== true

so both left and wrong must be the opposite of right, so they are the same thing.

Here is where you first erred. Wrong is not the opposite of right; left is. Wrong is the opposite of correct. You right handers (I am rashly making the assumption that you are right handed) think you can say whatever you want! It isn't so!

When you poke a Lefty, does he or she not wince? When you prick a Lefty, does he or she not ooze green blood? We Lefties are tired of Rightist World Domination and are asserting our correctful left to power! Right-handed can openers? No more! Right-handed scissors? Done with!

If it were only here that we were to end, ah, but no! We Lefties are finally observing our natural and civil lefts. Politically incorrect (politically right, I suppose) tautologies such as wrong is the opposite of right shall be vanquished precisely because of wrong's implied equivalency with left.

-----

Okay, I'm done for now.

Davros
12-02-2002, 03:23 PM
If we define right as +1, and wrong as -1. As -1 x -1 = +1, therefore wrong x wrong = right.

dP munky
12-02-2002, 03:25 PM
why do people oppress left handers?

minesweeper
12-02-2002, 03:27 PM
>>If we define right as +1, and wrong as -1. As -1 x -1 = +1, therefore wrong x wrong = right.<<

Or you could say -1 + -1 = -2. Therefore wrong + wrong = seriously wrong.

12-02-2002, 03:29 PM
how about this then:

you can never count to infinity, infinity being definefined as a nonexistant number that ends the endless set of natural numbers.

since infinity doesnt exist, one less than infinity doesnt exist. since one less than infinity doesnt exist, one less than one less than infinity doesnt exist. etc...

counting infinitely backwards you finally reach the number set we are familiar with, 1, 2, etc... but since those numbers are just an infinitely recursed "n-less-than-infinity" where n is any number, the numbers we use every day do not exist. and since the language of the universe is mathematics, and mathematics is the language of numbers, mathematics doesnt exist, hence the universe doesnt exist.

everything = nothing.

and since a = b is the same as b = a,

nothing = everything.

so next time you neglect a chore or assignment, remember: not doing it is the same as doing it.

Hammer
12-02-2002, 03:29 PM
>>therefore wrong x wrong = right.
To get two of something you don't multiply it by itself.

Wrong = -1
Wrong * 2 = -2

OR

Wrong = -1
Wrong + Wrong = -2

12-02-2002, 03:34 PM
what he was trying to say is

wrong^2 = right.

which is entirely too profound for me.

Sang-drax
12-02-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ...

you can never count to infinity

[...]

counting infinitely backwards you finally reach the number set we are familiar with, 1, 2, etc...

Contradiction.

12-02-2002, 04:17 PM
ok, i will stick with 'you can never count to infinity'

normal numbers are still 'n-less-than-infinity', because infinity cannot exist unless its defined as the last in the series of natural numbers, whether or not you do the manual counting.

and cmon guys, you take this stuff way too seriously... you dont honestly suspect that i am spouting this as the true way of the universe do you? if so, maybe it isnt me that is using faulty logic... :rolleyes:

ammar
12-02-2002, 04:50 PM
So what about this, it's a proof that things doesn't move:

If you want to cross the distance between X and Y

X---------------------------------------------------------------------Y

you will have to cross half the distance, and to cross half the distance you'll have to cross half half the distance, and then half half half the distance, and you reach a contradiction!

That was an Greek Philosopher who was trying to proof that things don't move, but I cann't remember his name.

BTW: The thead is nice.

Aran
12-02-2002, 04:51 PM
you can prove anything given enough thought on your side, and ignorance on the audience's.

ammar
12-02-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Aran Elus
you can prove anything given enough thought on your side, and ignorance on the audience's.

Yeah, not only that, manipulating words, and trying to make some conclusions based on them, also is a way to proof wrong things.

12-02-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Aran Elus

oh yeah?! prove it!

deathstryke
12-03-2002, 02:38 PM
so next time you neglect a chore or assignment, remember: not doing it is the same as doing it.

I've been saying that all my life and now I finally find someone who agrees!

Xterria
12-03-2002, 05:37 PM
oh my gosh civix you learned macros

-KEN-
12-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Oh crap!!! I didn't mean to read that entire Xterria post, I swear!!!

Oh Lord...I wonder what I should do until my imminent brain implosion..

Govt? Can I borrow your "in case of reading an entire Xterria post" jar in order for what's left of my brain to leak into?

Aran
12-03-2002, 06:18 PM
i know how you feel, ken, i started reading "oh", then i realized it was xterria and skipped the post.