PDA

View Full Version : Solutions for the future

Shadow12345
11-27-2002, 02:52 PM
I have been thinking a lot about people's behaviors, and the actions of governments towards each other. I have some ideals of all governments helping each other, and the radical groups becoming less radical (i.e they don't kill as much). My belief is we (the USA, the country in which I live) should get our (military) noses out of other country's asses. This means pulling out of foreign countries, cut the funding for Israel, etc. I believe we should continue to build trade relationships with other countries, and I believe we should keep our military strong as ever but only use it in the extremest of cases (i.e is the whole Iraq thing really necessary?) I think we should basically leave other countries alone except to engage in trade and humanitarian aid. If something does happen to the USA (i.e another 9/11) i do believe in, well, toppling the government just like we did to the taliban in afganistan.

Well this is all pretty generic/idealistic stuff. Any and all comments/criticisms welcome, I hope this grows into a fair sized discussion.

ygfperson
11-27-2002, 03:05 PM
withdrawing all troops everywhere but very important spots would cause more problems than its worth. we are involved with the united nations (and to a lesser extent, NATO) as peacekeepers. to just do away with almost all foreign military aid would be counter-productive. we're involved in columbia to stabilize the government, and to help fight the drug war. we're involved in indonesia in persuit of al qaida.

i agree with you about israel, though. democracy or not, they're slowly heading down the wrong path.

Aran
11-27-2002, 07:14 PM
keep in mind that a peace-keeping force is an oxymoron.

Eibro
11-27-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Aran Elus
keep in mind that a peace-keeping force is an oxymoron.
No it's not. Unless it causes more violence/harm than would originally happen, it's a peace-keeping force.

webturtle0
11-27-2002, 09:41 PM
I believe that we will soon become a world organization. Not just many little countries. The world will be one. Sure that's far away, but I think we're headed that way.

webturtle0
11-27-2002, 10:07 PM
that's if the Russians don't take over first....

bob20
11-27-2002, 10:13 PM
that's if the Russians don't take over first....
not the Russians. They had their "hay day", but it's done and gone.

Shadow12345
11-28-2002, 11:12 AM
well having the world be one 'organization' as you say it would be very nice. Could it happen someday? I don't know. I would like to think that all of the countries in the world could really get along and help each other. Human nature may prevent that from happening though.

What bothers me the most is the fact that there are people suffering either from starvation or injustices or tyranny or what not, while we over here in the USA have life pretty good. I guess it's almost a feeling of guilt for having what so many people don't. I just want people to be more or less happy.

*ClownPimp*
11-28-2002, 02:44 PM
> cut the funding for Israel
we cant do that. we have a doctrine (if you will) that we support all democracies esp. in hostile areas.