PDA

View Full Version : Condensing old Sierra games

sean
11-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Again with the old Sierra games:

You know how you wuld usually have to switch disks every couple of screens? I've got one of the 3-disk games, and I need to condense into just on directory on my hard drive. The install program won't work so I'm modifying a BATCH file from a similar game. If this can't work - does anyone know which files (like the vol.1 and vol.2 things) go where?

webturtle0
11-27-2002, 12:24 PM
I used to know, but it's been so long...

dukemarlon
11-27-2002, 12:26 PM
whats wrong with those old sierra games? I like them. I know you like them. Although I do not know how to answer your question, I just wanted to state my love for those games.

sean
11-27-2002, 12:36 PM
Yeah - I love them too - that's why I'm trying to track them all down. I'm not one of these anti-technology people like theguy from You've Got Mail, but I think technology has actually gotten worse. I haven't heard of anybody that didn't find those old games really fun, but today, I hear a lot about games with ultra-small resolution graphics, but the story-lines suck!

Magos
11-27-2002, 01:22 PM
Making games today is just about making lots of money (why else would Rare leave Nintendo for Microsoft???).

Remember Duke Nukem? I don't mean the 3D game, but the very old platform game. System sound and 8 colors. Yummy :).

Cheeze-It
11-27-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Magos
Making games today is just about making lots of money (why else would Rare leave Nintendo for Microsoft???).

Remember Duke Nukem? I don't mean the 3D game, but the very old platform game. System sound and 8 colors. Yummy :).

Rare didn't leave Nintendo for Microsoft. Nintendo threw Rare
away after they realized that they're not that important of a
developer for Nintendo. Besides, Nintendo did own 49% of the
company. Microsoft wouldn't have been able to get Rare if
Nintendo still wanted them.

Cgawd
11-27-2002, 02:57 PM
Microsoft does a lot with the money they have