PDA

View Full Version : Calling Photoshop Guru's

RoD
11-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Ok, i am getting my own .com sometime this week, and as most people know i suck at photoshop, i'm suprised kermi uses the avatar i made him lol.

I have an idea what i want for the logo, the name of the site is kinda joke between me and some buds so don't ask. I want a logo thats kinda round the size of cprogs because thats where i'm positioning it. I want it to say "NeKey" in the top left and "Development" in the bottom right. In between i want a picture of the "ctrl" key area of a keyboard with "ctrl" replaced with "Any", and the keyboard pic faded into the logo. Its gotta look professional.

If anyone wants to try it plz do, credit will be given in the crdits section with name of choice, site if applicable, and date it was created.

Thnx.

Cgawd
11-24-2002, 02:51 PM
ill do it....

Cgawd
11-24-2002, 03:30 PM
this took 5 mins

-KEN-
11-24-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Cgawd
this took 5 mins

and it shows...use a different font for "any" - if you hadn't noticed, most keyboards don't use a font that has "feet" on them (err...I forget what they're called). Take my keyboard for instance - it uses the same font this post is in. Also, you might want to adjust the angle it's at...it's a bit off from the rest of the keyboard.

I'd help, but I had to reformat my computer...too lazy to put photoshop back on.

Conversely, since when did this site become a forum for getting free graphics?:rolleyes:

11-24-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by -KEN-
most keyboards don't use a font that has "feet" on them (err...I forget what they're called)

serifs :P

RoD
11-24-2002, 04:32 PM
Conversely, since when did this site become a forum for getting free graphics?

Conversely, as long as pg-13, since when does it matter what i ask for in general discussion?

Cgawd
11-24-2002, 04:36 PM
no one asked for your opinion 'ken'

RoD
11-24-2002, 04:38 PM
I actually happen to like the logo. I think the font difference in the "Any" helps it stand out, which is fine with me because it capitolizes on the title depicted in the logo.

Nice job cgawd.

Sang-drax
11-24-2002, 04:52 PM
He didn't replace the control key though. :)

Cgawd
11-24-2002, 04:54 PM
yah i found it more usefull, and practicle to replace the windows key :D

-KEN-
11-24-2002, 07:57 PM
no one asked for your opinion 'ken'

I find it hilarious how people can't take constructive criticism. You brag that it takes 5 minutes do something and expect us to "ooh" and "ahh"? Maybe if you'd put some effort into it I wouldn't have had to criticise you, hmmm?

>>Conversely, as long as pg-13, since when does it matter what i ask for in general discussion?

Well, we _do_ have rules against soliciting for help on stupd things like projects (gosh do I ever hate "Hi!! I'm looking for team members to do what I can't!!! K thnx bye!!"), but I know that this drastically falls short of that. I made a sarcastic joke. Bite my head off -- oh wait, you already have.

Terrance
11-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Ride-or-die,

buy a book called photoshop down and dirty 7.0, and you'll be making professional looking graphics in no time!

Cgawd
11-24-2002, 08:29 PM
i said it took 5 mins precisely for the effect for no one to criticize, meaning it took me 5 mins, i put no effort in it, and IT SUCKS. so i dont need you to tell me it does, you ****ing idiot

-KEN-
11-24-2002, 08:35 PM
i said it took 5 mins precisely for the effect for no one to criticize, meaning it took me 5 mins, i put no effort in it, and IT SUCKS. so i dont need you to tell me it does, you ****ing idiot

Well now that we have clarification....:rolleyes:

RoD
11-25-2002, 05:00 AM
terr i'm totally capable of using photoshop, i don't have the time to put the effort into it, a few years ago, maybe 2, i had a class on it but i stopped doing it.

Get out Ride!
11-25-2002, 01:48 PM
///Edited for content///

TravisS
11-26-2002, 01:49 AM
Here ya go, this is my shot at it. The "Any" is about as real as you'll get. 2/3 of the letters are copy-pasted from the keyboard itself, I just had to make the 'y' fit in the design.

Below this post I'll upload the keyboard too so that if anybody else wants a shot at it they won't have to do the pain-in-the-ass part of the work ;)

TravisS
11-26-2002, 01:49 AM

RobR
11-26-2002, 11:37 AM

Esparno
11-26-2002, 10:14 PM
The first one looks the best IMO.

Cgawd
11-26-2002, 10:22 PM
thanky, i could do better with more than 5 mins(dont mean to gloat)