PDA

View Full Version : favorite NES game?

Pages : [1] 2

Waldo2k2
11-23-2002, 10:22 PM
I loved a lot of them, but my favorite had to be
Kirby's Adventure (not that pussy dreamland)

I've played it for like 10 years and still haven't been able to figure out how to complete it 100%, iv'e beaten it, but haven't found all the secrets...and it's STILL fun! That's what's wrong with games these days, there's not as much replay value, they're not as in depth either.

Cgawd
11-23-2002, 10:23 PM
i had NES and never liked any games too much, but sega on the other hand, C.A.O.S and Arrowsmith were awsome games

Waldo2k2
11-23-2002, 10:24 PM
i had genesis, loved the sonic the hedgehog series (even though the first one blew). NBA jam T.E. was my second fav....but seriously people, what was your fav nes game?

dP munky
11-23-2002, 10:26 PM
1 word punchout, to this day im still hard pressed to find someone who's beat tyson w/o cheating

DavidP
11-23-2002, 10:36 PM
Dragon Warrior
Legend of Zelda

Waldo2k2
11-23-2002, 10:44 PM
>>beat tyson

my friend byron, back when we were 8, he was a god at that game

Shadow12345
11-23-2002, 11:01 PM
is mario an NES game? I don't even know what NES means. anyway I loved mario

Waldo2k2
11-23-2002, 11:02 PM
NES: nintendo entertainment system (original nintendo)

yes mario is an nes game, and a damn good one, but not my fav, but still good

Cheeze-It
11-24-2002, 12:39 AM
Legend of Zelda (only that one. I hated the NES Sequel)
Super Mario Bros. 3...
Metroid.
Contra.
Yo Noid!

OneStiffRod
11-24-2002, 01:07 AM
N64:
Both Zelda's

SNES:
Super Punch-OUT
Street Fighter II TURBO
Mortal Kombat II

NES:
Mario
Zelda
NOT Icarus: but another game where your a kid in Greco-Roman times (forget Name)
Tyson Punch-out
Little Nemo

I also LOVED my Game Genie for all of my Nintendo systems.

face_master
11-24-2002, 01:10 AM
I used to have a sega genisis and i loved the sonic games and i used to play alot of mario of SNES emulators

Shadow
11-24-2002, 02:15 AM
Mega Man 1-6 - cleared all (2 in 45 minutes, final castle of 3 in 9 minutes)
Metroid - cleared
Ninja Gaiden 2 - cleared; long and damn hard
RBI Baseball (original) - amusing
Batman (original) - haven't cleared :confused:
Zelda 2 - got to final end castle..no further
Legacy Of The Wizard - only seen one boss
Castlevania 1-3 (2 being my favorite..kicks ass!) - cleared all 3
Kirby's adventure - 70 some percent, can't figure out the rest, but cleared it
mario 1 & 3 - cleared 1 and 3, didn't care for 2 so didn't bother

As far as my most favorite nes game, it would have to be a mega man, and more specifically, 3 or 4 ..with the scale leaning towards 3 but when it comes to mega man, it's hard for me to choose.

maes
11-24-2002, 02:44 AM
Metroid
Shaddow Warrior
Zelda
Faxanadu

>>Mega Man 1-6 - cleared all (2 in 45 minutes, final castle of 3 in 9 minutes)
Perhaps you can tell me how to get past that brown dude who moves from one side of the screen to an other? (I think it was in mega man 1)

Shadow
11-24-2002, 02:49 AM
> Perhaps you can tell me how to get past that brown dude who moves from one side of the screen to an other?
He's yellow. His game name has changed from Yellow Devil to Yellow Demon and he's in mega man 1 and mega man 3. In mega man 3 he's alot slower and easier.

In mega man 3, he's simple, and you just gotta sit down and have at it for that one I guess.

For mega man 1 though, there will be a section of his particles when he breaks up into pieces that will come flying at you. This group of pieces have 3 chunks of him. One low, one mid, one high. The low and mids can hit you, but the high can't - so long as you don't jump. Hop over the low one with a tap jump (small jump) then run forward while jumping over the 2nd one. You see, the 2nd one, after jumping over the 1st, is almost erady to hit you so when you run forward jumping at the same time you slow down it's rate of speed because you're moving with it partially instead of standing still hence making it come at you faster. This in turn allows you to just clear it.

If you were to give me a minute I could work up a recording through an emulator sometime. Let me know.

maes
11-24-2002, 03:03 AM
>>If you were to give me a minute I could work up a recording through an emulator sometime. Let me know.
Nah that's ok. I hope I can do it now.
Maybe oday, I'll get my nes back from under the dust. It's been a while since I played it. And you have awakened a sleeping habbit in me :D

Thanks for the advice

civix
11-24-2002, 07:57 AM
My fav NES game is probably Tetris, the original classic; None of those dumb remakes like Dr. Mario :D

mithrandir
11-24-2002, 08:39 AM
Shadow Warrior - that was a cool game, challenging but not unbeatable.

Mario Bros. - the graphics were shoddy, but the game play was great.

FFI - never played it on the NES, but have played it on emulators. It's really cool, if not a bit short.

My favourite Sega Master System game was Wonderboy. God I loved that game!

Stoned_Coder
11-24-2002, 08:49 AM
Kickle Cubicle

Waldo2k2
11-24-2002, 10:50 AM
i almost guarantee no one will say super mario bros 2. That game blew.

RoD
11-24-2002, 11:22 AM
Metroid, period.

PJYelton
11-24-2002, 11:27 AM
Definately Tetris, Metroid, Zelda, and Dragon Warrior. Favorite sports game was Baseball Stars by far!

Terrance
11-24-2002, 11:36 AM
fav nes game- Zelda, probably the best and original game to ever come out to this day!

I've tko'ed Mike Tyson in punch out plenty of times, I still have that game.

For Mega Man 1, for anyone that might know, how do you get through that part of Dr. Wiley's level with the big wall, that you simply can't jump over or shoot?

My fav games of all time are Tony Hawk 1, Most of the Zelda's, Golden eyes, and Mario 64.

All Nintendo exclusive games except for Tony Hawk.

I also liked the Madden games a lot as well!

Captain Penguin
11-24-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Waldo2k2
i almost guarantee no one will say super mario bros 2. That game blew.

I thought it was fun. It wasn't anything like original Mario games, but it was different. Playing as different characters was a nice idea, as well as secret warps and such. It was sorta trippy though!

Waldo2k2
11-24-2002, 01:10 PM
i thought it was too easy

Zewu
11-24-2002, 02:12 PM
Street Gangs!

SourceCode
11-24-2002, 02:58 PM
I beat Tyson, never with a KO though.:(
Favorite Game would be Dragon Warrior.

Prelude
11-24-2002, 03:53 PM
Final Fantasy, of course. ;)

-Prelude

Sentaku senshi
11-24-2002, 05:27 PM
Super Mario Brothers 1 best game off all time.

Super Mario Brothers 2 was not ment to be a mario game orignaly, It was develped as another game in Japan, but as the Japanese version of Super Mario Brothers 2, known here as the Lost Levels, was to hard they took that game and replaced the characters.

Sang-drax
11-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Battle toads!
The hardest NES game ever!!

I've only finished it on the computer w/o cheats but with the save snapshot function.
That game is insanely hard!

Eibro
11-24-2002, 06:44 PM
I'm suprised no one even mentioned the Final Fantasy series yet. FF1 is probably one of my all-time favorites, FF2 was amazing too. In my opinion, they ruined that series when they took it 3D.

Megaman 2-6 are also way up on my list (2 and 3 being my favorites. Why is it the sequals are never as good?)

Prelude
11-24-2002, 06:45 PM
>I'm suprised no one even mentioned the Final Fantasy series yet.
Nope, two of us mentioned Final Fantasy.

-Prelude

OneStiffRod
11-24-2002, 06:59 PM
Let's not forget the Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!

Shadow
11-24-2002, 07:05 PM
> Megaman 2-6 are also way up on my list (2 and 3 being my favorites. Why is it the sequals are never as good?
oooh, I know this one!

Mega Man was good in my opinion. 3 is probably my favorite...but 4 was GREAT too!. I didn't like 5 very much at all, and I like some aspects of 6, but not many. For instance..the introduction, the robot master stats screen, and the character selection screen jingle. The rest wasn't that great for me. The original 4 shined for me. Classic stuff. And as far as the sequels, I disagree with most people on other games. I liked castlevania 2 the best out of the nes series and really prefered Zelda 2 over the first one.

> Let's not forget the Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!
I liked the arcade better. CowaBUNGA! *bobs around* teenage mutant ninja turtles, heroes in a half shell...TURTLE POWER!

lambs4
11-24-2002, 07:46 PM
The Three Stooges

mithrandir
11-24-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Prelude
>I'm suprised no one even mentioned the Final Fantasy series yet.
Nope, two of us mentioned Final Fantasy.

-Prelude

I find it harder to believe that Eibro found it hard to believe that we hadn't mentioned FF, which in itself may be hard to beli...and now I've gone cross-eyed, oh dear.

Waldo2k2
11-24-2002, 07:58 PM
>>the three stooges

that is THE hardest game i've ever played, never even come close to beating it!
That bank guy who takes the orphanage really ........es me off!
lol

deathstryke
11-25-2002, 08:03 AM
Both NES Zeldas, all three Ninja Gaidens, all for Dragon Warrior games.

bob20
11-25-2002, 12:13 PM
Super Mario Brothers 3, best NES game ever!

napkin111
11-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Final Fantasy I. I am a HUGE fantasy buff now all thanks to FFI. I got it for Easter in like 95 and now I LOVE RPGS!

tgm
11-25-2002, 06:01 PM
I always enjoyed Arkanoid.

Whenever I get together with friends we play punch out (which I can typically TKO Tyson within 3 attempts) or Rampage. Both are great games after you've been drinking a bit.

Oh and let's not forget about Ice Hockey.

Cshot
11-25-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by OneStiffRod
Let's not forget the Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!
You ever beat the game? I never was able to beat that last level.

Hmmm, let's see:
Super Mario 3, Zelda, Contra

hehe the memories:
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start

PJYelton
11-25-2002, 07:08 PM
Or Blades of Steel! That was the first game I ever played that had somebody talking - when the guy at the very beginning says "Blades of Steel!"... ahhh, the memories!

minesweeper
11-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Never played a NES. But on the SNES, Mario Kart was the best. It just oozed playability.

Cheeze-It
11-25-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by minesweeper
Never played a NES. But on the SNES, Mario Kart was the best. It just oozed playability.

Favorite SNES Games:

Donkey Kong Country.
Super Mario World.
StarFox.
Zelda.
Pilotwings.

I think the SNES was the greatest console ever.

adamviper
11-26-2002, 08:25 AM
i didnt play a lot of nes but my favorite Snes game was
a game called SUNSET RIDERS. it ended up geting easy to beat.

hk_mp5kpdw
11-26-2002, 09:04 AM
I don't remember how many hours I wasted on Ikari Warriors. It wasn't that good of a game but it kept me occupied for a looooonnnggg time. Anybody remember the code for more lives in that game? Wasn't it ABBA or something?

BattleToads... yes Sang-Drax, I remember that game, it was one of the coolest I ever played. For me one of the best parts of that game was the music played when you paused it.

Esparno
11-26-2002, 09:58 AM
There was this one ninja game, I cant remember the name of it. It was where you had this sword that you powered up as you progressed and it got longer, there were powerups, like, a bird to save you if you fell, and black and red/pink? balls to collect that did something i cant remember, and you also could get a powerup to make you shoot 4 ninja stars in 4 directions, you could also jump insanely high, you got keys and had to fight boss's in different doors. The first level is with lots of trees and you fight a samuri on a giant tree at the end of the first level.

Esparno
11-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Favorite snes games:
FF5 (not released in us, but emulators rox!)
Super Mario World (Kicked thats games a$$)
Starfox (I still cant figure out all the secrets of that game, although I can beat it in 15 minutes)

deathstryke
11-26-2002, 10:41 AM
I have that game esparno, I believe that it is called Demon Sword or something like that. Oh, and ffv has been released in the U.S. on the playstation as part of ff anthology (it's a great game regardless). Have you beaten shinryuu in the n-zone?

Esparno
11-26-2002, 10:49 AM
THX!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D Im gonna go dl that now!

Originally posted by deathstryke
Have you beaten shinryuu in the n-zone?

No, what is that?