PDA

View Full Version : Another annoying Thread!! Ahh! It burns!!!

face_master
11-19-2002, 03:32 AM
Ok, please tell the the world (hence, me :D) why you originally came to cprog forums...

I originally came here a couple days after starting C++ becuase I had the error "unexpected end of file or something. This was becuase of a missing bracket at the end :rolleyes: I just scrolled through the C++ forum hoping somebody had the same problem and it worked!

Please dont hurt me...

*cowers in corner shielding eyes*

biosninja
11-19-2002, 05:08 AM
I was having problems with a program that I was writing at that time. Found the board, joined the board and moved into the board.

Sang-drax
11-19-2002, 05:37 AM
I was surfing around and found this site.
I saw the forum and thought that this might be good place to post my new game.

One of my first posts:
http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17879

Magos
11-19-2002, 05:59 AM
Can't remember... :o

But I did read C/C++ programming in class back then... could be some connection... :cool:

correlcj
11-19-2002, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by face_master
Ok, please tell the the world (hence, me :D) why you originally came to cprog forums...

I originally came here a couple days after starting C++ becuase I had the error "unexpected end of file or something. This was becuase of a missing bracket at the end :rolleyes: I just scrolled through the C++ forum hoping somebody had the same problem and it worked!

Please dont hurt me...

*cowers in corner shielding eyes*

I found it searching the net for learning C on my own. I like prgramming with C++ alot better. Its my choice between the two.
Besides the people in here are pretty nice so I stuck with it.
;)

ammar
11-19-2002, 06:51 AM
Ofcourse one of the reasons I came to this forum was to get some help with C++, but I've never used it for something requiered from me at the university, since I study C++ there, I also like reading other people threads, and responding to those I can respond to.

PJYelton
11-19-2002, 09:58 AM
Well, considering most of the people at my school learning programming still can't do a for loop properly, I needed to go somewhere where people actually knew what they were talking about. Still looking though... :D Just kidding! Cprogs been great!

deathstryke
11-19-2002, 10:47 AM
Got bored during my computer repair class, decided to actually learn something, found this place.

civix
11-19-2002, 02:42 PM
Heh, I came here because I couldnt get 'Hello World' to conpile on Dev 5 Beta...hehe; Now I know vetter, i've got VC++

Waldo2k2
11-19-2002, 05:42 PM
i needed to create a filename from a variable
I had started learning earlier that week, and i searched the net for c++ and found this board. Been her since then.

Cshot
11-19-2002, 05:49 PM
I believe it was during Summer of 2000. I didn't have my C book handy so I did a search for the fseek() parameters. Found this board and got my answer pretty quick. Lurked and posted anonymously every once in awhile. Finally registered June of this year and lived happily ever after.

The End :D

MethodMan
11-19-2002, 06:52 PM
Needed some help with some C. So I joined, people were really nice, and wanted to help. Never really posted until this summer, and now I come to the board daily.

Its such a great community.

the Wookie
11-19-2002, 07:00 PM
just needed a better place for asking C++ questions
i usually hung around vbforums, but i dont like VB anymore, adn theres not too many people on their C++ forum

RoD
11-20-2002, 01:35 PM
I wanted to learn C++ so i punched sumthing in yahoo and this place came up. Not only did i find it well organized, but i posted here and got help pretty quick. That was back when i had Silent_Death as my name here.

As for why i stay, well its FM's posts....lol nah i plan to really kick into gear soon with my c++ studies, so i have reason, i just need to get away from GD. Turn off GD post counts or sumthing :P

Brian
11-20-2002, 02:36 PM
I am the conceptual manifestation of vBulletin. I am a php script designed to post the most useless bullcrap

dP munky
11-20-2002, 03:02 PM
first came here to take the tutorials my junior year of high school...didnt start comming to the board until i got into college and needed help w/homework n' stuff, but now i find myself constantly checking the board just to see whats going on :cool:

jawwadalam
11-21-2002, 09:37 AM
I was just searching any site.. to learn C. I searched for the prupose.. and evantually.. came to the site. I go through the site.. read turtorials.

That visit ended.. and next time i was surfing the site.. with problem relating to run a dos cammand using C. I clicked on C Board link ---registered-- and Post a thread and my problem got solved..... .That is how i came to this thread .. :))