PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in God?

zahid
11-16-2002, 03:21 AM
Do you believe in God?

Fordy
11-16-2002, 04:10 AM
:: Bursts into tears ::

Ahh....is one religious crusade at a time not enough!!!!!!!!!?

ammar
11-16-2002, 05:10 AM
I think there are tons on posts on the other thread!

Hammer
11-16-2002, 09:40 AM
All replies to the other thread (http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28420) please... I'm sure we really don't need another one.

Hillbillie
11-16-2002, 12:05 PM
Guys, if you fear (like the rest of us) that this thread will cause _another_ debate, then why not just close this one? (Assuming that closing a thread doesn't prevent people from voting...)

lightatdawn
11-16-2002, 12:13 PM
If zahid wants it closed, I would be happy to oblige. I have no idea if closing will affect voting... I dont think so... I (or someone else) can always open it again if it does.

Eibro
11-16-2002, 07:07 PM
I think there should be an "I don't know" option up there for all the agnostics in the crowd.

Hillbillie
11-16-2002, 07:52 PM
Echo Eibro.

I'm agnostic as are many people here...

jawwadalam
11-16-2002, 10:32 PM
Yes I do believe in...God.
But why this question is asked.. Zahid you did not give any explanation...?

zahid
11-16-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by jawwadalam
Yes I do believe in...God.
But why this question is asked.. Zahid you did not give any explanation...?

Does it really require? Walk around the cboard, check the brief history of cboard.. I'm sure you will find the answer. This is the first part of my explanation.

Now, just watch the poll result. You will get the second explanation. I suspected..... why .. ... I explained here. (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=193792#post193792)

Listen, you can not believe anything just because you don't have explanation. Let's see what people play with logic say.

zahid
11-16-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Eibro
I think there should be an "I don't know" option up there for all the agnostics in the crowd.

WOw.. I exactly thought about it when I was posting the poll. But I wanted to know what we do when we don't know anything. When you don't know something.... what you do? Guess. :)

zahid
11-16-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Hammer
All replies to the other thread (http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28420) please... I'm sure we really don't need another one.

I guess you have noticed that I participated in that thread too. And I felt the demand of poll, when I was posting reply.

You will also notice that how giant thread is that. Ohhh.. why don't you check another giant on the same topic Here (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9128&highlight=Religion) . So.. feel the demand.

jawwadalam
11-16-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by zahid
Does it really require? Walk around the cboard, check the brief history of cboard.. I'm sure you will find the answer. This is the first part of my explanation.

Now, just watch the poll result. You will get the second explanation. I suspected..... why .. ... I explained here. (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=193792#post193792)

Listen, you can not believe anything just because you don't have explanation. Let's see what people play with logic say.
That ... Explained why did not you explain here... ..!

zahid
11-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Definitely, you are correct. (Sorry for single line post.)

28:06:42:12
11-16-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Eibro

No, if you define an agnostic as someone who is undecided as to whether there is a god or not, then the agnostic answer is, "no." Lack of belief is not the same as disbelief. If you instead go by the definition that says an agnostic is one who believes the existence of a deity can be neither proven nor disproven, like I do, then "agnostic" isn't really an answer to the question anyway. I think it's perfectly possible to be an agnostic atheist, which is what I describe myself as.

Hillbillie
11-17-2002, 12:09 AM
Agnostic

- One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
- One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.

Atheist

- One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

28:06:42:12
11-17-2002, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I know. Which dictionary is that, by the way? There are several definitions of both terms. The prefix "a" itself means "without." An atheist is, listerally, one without god, and an agnostic is one without knowledge. Some dictionaries choose to adhere more closely to the literal meanings than others. Some go more for common usage. Some tend to philosophical or theological definitions, as opposed to lay man's terms. The truth is, both my definitions and yours are valid.

whistlenm1
11-18-2002, 06:16 PM
I believe their is something more to life as we know it, who people manifest is on them, but for me yeah I believe their is a God, I just do not pigeon hole him/her with any religion! :)