PDA

View Full Version : God



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

datainjector
11-11-2002, 10:10 PM
Do you belive in god...in the entity that is the greatest ..is perfect ... Well i dont its alll just a ****ty crap ...for ignorant people ...We are human beings and to share our fear we make an imaginary entity and name it god ,alha, jesus or whatever ...

Am i wrong ??? if u do think so then correct me .... Isnt the life that you living has proved that there isnt any god???any higher entity ...

DarkStar
11-11-2002, 11:52 PM
You may be right, then again you may be wrong. Something that has always moved me is the trinity. Everything seems to happen by 3s

Father, Mother, Child
Ocean, Land, Sky
Sun, Moon, Earth

Earth, the planet with life, is the third planet from the sun.

Is it not interesting that the Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, yet it is 400 times more distant from the Earth than the Moon is. Both Sun and Moon appear to be exactly the same size
in Earth's sky !

Maybe there is something to this GOD theory...

face_master
11-12-2002, 12:04 AM
ARe you crazy? Starting a religious thread on this board?? Ok, this is gonna stay at the top of the list for ages now cause of all the posts.

Yes, I believe that there's a God. A seriously believe that everything which happenes is meant to happen. This gives me some comfort when i'm thinking about things.

*Puts on flame suit and lights up flame-thrower*

Let's go, punks :cool:

no-one
11-12-2002, 12:40 AM
hasn't this been done enough, yes to all of your dismay im back, go and cry for a bit, and accept it, though to your excite i won't be here much.

we need a 'Before You Start A Religious Thread' "Sticky" that has links the prevous religious threads for others to satisfy themselves with.

TechWins
11-12-2002, 01:00 AM
I already know my beliefs are right (to me), so there's no need for me to argue. All that matters is what you believe, regardless if it's true or not. If what you believe in (or don't beleive in, like myself) helps you out then good for you. As long as what other people believe doesn't effect you then it shouldn't matter to you.

Basicall the reason why I'm atheist is because religion conflicts with not only science but with other religions. The thousands and thousands of religions that have existed make it impossible to believe in one religion. Which is all why I've chosen the route of not believing in anything in all. Originally religion was started for two reasons 1) the people needed something else to believe in because their lives were so bad 2) it was a method of explaining things that they couldn't explain otherwise. Since I'm able to get through my life perfectly fine without a "greater power" and that the things back then that couldn't be explained can now be explained with scientific facts, makes me have no reason to believe in "God". I put greater power and God in quatation marks because there is no God. God can not exist if Alah exists. Alah can not exists if such and such exists. To me it is self-conflicting which proves it all not to be true. Ok that's enough.

Like I said at the beginning, though, I have no problem with other people's beliefs at all. In fact who's to say mine are even true? I'm to say my beliefs are true just as you are to say that you're beliefs are true. There is no right or wrong in this situation. Well, in at least most cases there is no right or wrong.:)

EDIT: ah, no-one, you should stick around.;) actually you really should; i think you have a lot of good posts.:)

no-one
11-12-2002, 01:08 AM
though i could lay sufficient woop-ass to your statement to make you lie in bed crying and begging for Gods forgiveness and mercy for a week, im not going to help pour gas on a flame war. hehe.

btw: more power to ya! you probably won't be an athiest for to much longer anyway.

>EDIT: ah, no-one, you should stick around. actually you really should; i think you have a lot of good posts.

only in after thought.

inconsistancy and (cant think of the word) to the point of vast confusion is a skill i mastered early. people never know if im serious, joking, or something else altogether, i'd like to keep it that way.

Nutshell
11-12-2002, 01:32 AM
I believe that there IS a God. I repeat, there really is an entity called God. If you look close, many religions can basically relate and trace its root down to Christianity.

So you believe that a guy just wrote a book like Bible out of boredom?!?

I bet everyone here prayed at least once in there life time!!

TechWins
11-12-2002, 02:48 AM
no-one,

This really irritates me. You're getting mad at me, because I stated my belief. That's what I believe in and you have no right to say that it is wrong. Just as I have no right saying that you are Christian is wrong. I told you why I'm atheist, but that doesn't mean what I said is right. It's just what I believe in. What you believe in doesn't mean it's right either. Like I said previously, there is no right or wrong in someone's beliefs so as long as it doesn't seriously effect someone else. My beliefs aren't effecting anyone, so you shouldn't be getting mad at me. You are very wrong on this one.

Nutshell,


If you look close, many religions can basically relate and trace its root down to Christianity.

That's not correct considering that Christianity is a relatively new religion. But this is not to say that the possiblity of their being a God isn't there; I just don't think there is a God or god out there.


So you believe that a guy just wrote a book like Bible out of boredom?!?

No idea.


I bet everyone here prayed at least once in there life time!!

Can't even say that I haven't done that. Haven't done it since I was maybe 10, but I still have done it.

Ok, you know what, I don't care if you have a problem with me or not for not believing the sameway as you do. I'm moral and ethical, and that's all that matters to me. I don't like to judge.:)

uregged
11-12-2002, 03:01 AM
I think everything is God. We're all entities, souls/consciousnesses/whatever with physical bodies, some more advanced than others (refered to as Gods by the minors). No beginning, no end, no space & no time. It's one consciousness, all one, linked in some way or other. Not going to bother talking about religion, while some of what is written may well be true, it does'nt matter. The truth is out there, or maybe within.

novacain
11-12-2002, 03:19 AM
a truth from a man best remembered as an example of what we must never let happen again.

Just swap 'religion' for 'nation'.

"The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, because the vast masses of a nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad.

The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them more easy victims of a big lie than a small one, because they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell big ones. Such a form of lying would never enter their heads. They would never credit others with the possibility of such great impudence as the complete reversal of facts. Even explanations would long leave them in doubt and hesitation, and any trifling reason would dispose them to accept a thing as true. Something therefore always remains and sticks from the most imprudent of lies, a fact which all bodies and individuals nothing to achieve this end. "
Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf



I wish humans were special enough to be a gods creation but I can not see any evidence we are.

adrianxw
11-12-2002, 03:49 AM
I'm glad you popped in here Novacain! I was just about to run off to the Windows board and copy your sig!

It amazes me that primitive superstitions like gods, spirits, souls, witches and so on survive in this day and age. The world will be a much better place when everyone can see these things for what they are.

I predict this thread will go bad - religious ones always do.

unregged
11-12-2002, 04:52 AM
The world will be a much better place when everyone can see these things for what they are.You have eyes, yet you do not see what is really there hence the ignorance.

Religion aside, because that is a dead end, logical thinking would make most people who think they think logically see beyond the end of their nose.

Nutshell
11-12-2002, 05:01 AM
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?


What prove you got to say that. If you're talking about sep 11, then there are many interviews taken and articles written addressing to link between god and the incident.

Techwins, i 'believe....' that your belief actually includes the assumption that what everyone believe is their own choice. Well, to a certain extent, that is true - the Bible says that God really gave human the right to choose whether to follow him. However, just to remind you, just assume that there IS REALLY a God then you have been living on the wrong side of life for your previous years.

Another point to argue against atheist is that the reason most people who don't believe in God or any religions is because they haven't encountered any major breakdown or such cases in life. Countless cases have been provened that many atheist had become christians because of an incident in their life, which really doubted their previous belief (or non-belief).

<cough>

>>::run down the stage...:<<

Sentaku senshi
11-12-2002, 10:03 AM
>Basicall the reason why I'm atheist is because religion conflicts with not only science but with other religions. The thousands and thousands of religions that have existed make it impossible to believe in one religion. Which is all why I've chosen the route of not believing in anything in all. Originally religion was started for two reasons 1) the people needed something else to believe in because their lives were so bad 2) it was a method of explaining things that they couldn't explain otherwise. Since I'm able to get through my life perfectly fine without a "greater power" and that the things back then that couldn't be explained can now be explained with scientific facts, makes me have no reason to believe in "God". I put greater power and God in quatation marks because there is no God. God can not exist if Alah exists. Alah can not exists if such and such exists. To me it is self-conflicting which proves it all not to be true. Ok that's enough.<

1. I've read the entire new testement, and so far have read a good section of the old and so far nothing that is scientific fact not theory conflicts with the bibble.

2. Everyone has there own option and is entitled to it. Different options dont' disprove each other.

3. Very little detail is put in how God created the universe and everything else. He simply said let there be light. and from the darkness came light.
vs

Science (http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/first_star_011115.
html)

PJYelton
11-12-2002, 10:19 AM
I don't think he is saying that the bible contradicts science, but instead was used to explain things that at the time couldn't be explained.

The ancients didn't understand how volcanoes worked, so voila, they created a god that worked in a volcano. In the bibles time people didn't understand eclipses, so suddenly the story becomes "God is angry with us for being such bad sinners so he took away our sun!"

I'm curious though if most christians here believe that much of the bible is a metaphor or if it is to be taken literally 100%. Like for example evolution/dinosaurs/world being much older than what the bible portrays, etc...

Govtcheez
11-12-2002, 11:00 AM
> I already know my beliefs are right (to me), so there's no need for me to argue.

Well said.

Whether or not your beliefs agree with mine, (in this case, they do, but I'd say the same if anyone else posted it) that's always gonna be true.

Y'know what be hilarious? I'd love someone to find a testimonial on the web "I was converted to/from religion because of a thread on a programming board!".

Adrian's right - this thread will go bad in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1....

Nick
11-12-2002, 11:17 AM
Do you believe in Goodness and in Evil? If you say
there's no God then what makes a deed good another
deed bad?

Govtcheez
11-12-2002, 11:22 AM
> Do you believe in Goodness and in Evil?

What, as traits inherent to some action? Not really. Circumstances dictate whether an action is good or bad - I don't think there's any higher power that has two piles full of actions.

Ken Fitlike
11-12-2002, 12:28 PM
I'm still struggling with the idea that Santa Claus doesn't exist. Who is that fat guy with the red suit and the huge snowy beard that I see in December every year, Charlton Heston?

Anyway, cprog has enough deities: Quzah (God) and Prelude (Code Goddess). Beyond them is the Creator-Webmaster with his holy host of angelic and arch-angelic Moderators. To suggest that any others exist beyond this divine pantheon is quite frankly heretical and I believe, as a devout Cproggian, that the moderators should blow loud tumpets in the heathen ears of all unbelievers and brand their bare bottoms with STFU.

Praise C!

Nick
11-12-2002, 01:06 PM
Circumstances dictate whether an action is good or bad.

Maybe I didn't express it clear enough. What I meant was
how do you tell (by circumstance) if something is good or
evil. You could cop out and say that there is no good and
evil but then why do most people see Hitler as being evil?
You can keep chaining the events until you getsomething
like it's bad to kill people. You can't argue any further
and you will have to admit that your concience sees
this as being evil.

Another way you could try to argue is that our concience
was created by evolution. Species with "bad" conciences
would kill themself's off. So there there is a strugle between
the facts: there is no God and our instinct.

It's spelled "quote", Nick :)
-Govtcheez

Govtcheez
11-12-2002, 02:11 PM
> What I meant was how do you tell (by circumstance) if something is good or evil.

Yeah, that's actually what I got the first tiem I read your post, but I realized I didn't actually answer the question... My fault, not yours. Anyways, you tell by what you've been taught and what you've taken from that (IMHO). If a person is raised his whole life to think people with blue shoes are terrible and should be killed, I believe that's what'd happen - they'd take what they've learned and put it into action.

Fordy
11-12-2002, 02:25 PM
I think we should ban religious crusade threads.......or maybe we should create a "I know I'm right - to hell with you all!" board where you can discuss (/I can ignore) all these discussions. More themes for my new board;

Linux v Windows
Dos v Windows
Mac v PC
XP v 98
C v C++
Java v C#
PERL v PHP
MFC v OWL
MFC v ATL
Delphi v VB
DirectX v OpenGL v SDL
Internet Explorer v Netscape v Opera
endl v "\n"
void main v Hammer
Republicans v Democrats
Cprog v Flashdaddee
The People v Larry Flint
Hackers v Crackers
Alien v Predator
Good v Evil
Mighty Mouse v Superman

datainjector
11-12-2002, 02:39 PM
Taling about the bible ..okay how is it possible that 5 people not all men take care of more thant 10 thousand species of animals on a ship that was large enoght to carry those animals, amount of food ,cleaning the :confused: of the animal ..i mean 5 people give food, clean :confused: , do there own stuff in one day they were able to do it ...think about it is it possible ...*Sheesh*.I hope we do have some guys in this world with brain ..Some ones previous post on this board said that the bible was created for a reason why would some one write about it if it was fake ..right

Well simple greek methology ??? Harry porter lol

<MOD EDIT> clueless avatar replaces clueless use of bad language </MOD EDIT>

datainjector
11-12-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
> What I meant was how do you tell (by circumstance) if something is good or evil.

Yeah, that's actually what I got the first tiem I read your post, but I realized I didn't actually answer the question... My fault, not yours. Anyways, you tell by what you've been taught and what you've taken from that (IMHO). If a person is raised his whole life to think people with blue shoes are terrible and should be killed, I believe that's what'd happen - they'd take what they've learned and put it into action.

WOW ...my kinda thinking are e related lol

TechWins
11-12-2002, 03:15 PM
However, just to remind you, just assume that there IS REALLY a God then you have been living on the wrong side of life for your previous years.

Well, if there really is a God then he should be forgiving enough to me since I have done no wrong to the world. I don't see how not believing in God takes away your morality so that even if there is a God you won't be forgiven?


Another point to argue against atheist is that the reason most people who don't believe in God or any religions is because they haven't encountered any major breakdown or such cases in life.

Technically my family never has been very religious or anything but we always believed in God. It wasn't until these past few years that I stopped believing in God. None of it seems possible or true to me. I should note that the rest of my family is still Christian.


1. I've read the entire new testement, and so far have read a good section of the old and so far nothing that is scientific fact not theory conflicts with the bibble.

What about the historical, not religious, story about how Jesus died. Oh I do believe that there was a Jesus but just not as special as others make him out to believe. My historical understanding of how Jesus died is because the ruler of Rome at the time wanted him dead. The ruler saw that Jesus was gaining too much power in his spread of Christianity so he felt that he must kill Jesus, which obviously he did. But the kill only made Christianity more popular and the plan backfired. This seems to contradict the religious story that Jesus died to save his people. I don't know; take your pick on which one to believe.

Also, PJYelton brought up a good point that the Bible doesn't go as far back as history does. In the Bible it says that the world wasn't created until what year? Isn't it like 2,000bc or something close to that? Well, either way it doesn't go as far back as history has proven that this world goes back. Like PJYelton said, is this supposed to be a literal interpretation or not? If it's supposed to be just a metophor should the rest of the bible be taken as a metaphor?

But like I said, it's all a matter of what you want to believe.:)

Sentaku senshi
11-12-2002, 03:35 PM
>It amazes me that primitive superstitions like gods, spirits, souls, witches and so on survive in this day and age. The world will be a much better place when everyone can see these things for what they are.<

My sister is a witch :p (for real). Second lack of scienific fact of existance does not been scientific proof of non-existance. You can't prove to me that there is no God, or I don't have a soul. Nor can I prove that I do.


>Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?<

1. Simple the knowledge of good and evil can not be seperated because the knowledge of one automaticly gives you knowledge of the other.

2. If God was to prevent you from doing evil then you have no free will.

3. God does not want to destoy you, he wants you to repent.

>I don't think he is saying that the bible contradicts science, but instead was used to explain things that at the time couldn't be explained.

The ancients didn't understand how volcanoes worked, so voila, they created a god that worked in a volcano. In the bibles time people didn't understand eclipses, so suddenly the story becomes "God is angry with us for being such bad sinners so he took away our sun!"<

Your confusing the Church with the bible. There is no evidence that God causes every volcano erruption, every solor eclipse, ect. Gods mirricles are
1. Anything that is not of this world- causing rivers to stop flowing.

3. Natural disasters- most of the time there were much greater then normal natural disasters.

>I'm curious though if most christians here believe that much of the bible is a metaphor or if it is to be taken literally 100%. Like for example evolution/dinosaurs/world being much older than what the bible portrays, etc...<
Evolution and creation both are theroy with both having evidence to support them. Neither can be said to be fact.

>Yeah, that's actually what I got the first tiem I read your post, but I realized I didn't actually answer the question... My fault, not yours. Anyways, you tell by what you've been taught and what you've taken from that (IMHO). If a person is raised his whole life to think people with blue shoes are terrible and should be killed, I believe that's what'd happen - they'd take what they've learned and put it into action.<

Ok think about this

Natual Selection and what socity views as wrong are in direct oppisite of each other. Acording to most people the murder of other peopel is wrong, yet according to natual selection technicly it's right. (think: survival of the fitest)

Note: There are same people who go against sociaty and do what is evil and sinful. This is free will.


-Now to go see how many post have been created since I started this.

ggs
11-12-2002, 04:04 PM
I will pay 1000000 zorkmids to anybody who will discover a one-shot, surefire method of killing a religion discussion thread in one post.

golfinguy4
11-12-2002, 04:07 PM
There is no point in trying to prove a religion. The whole concept of religion is faith. Since faith is blind, there is no point in even trying to prove a religion. One can believe what they want to believe.

Fordy
11-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ggs
I will pay 1000000 zorkmids to anybody who will discover a one-shot, surefire method of killing a religion discussion thread in one post.

Easy...I could just delete 'em

Where's my zorkmids?

ggs
11-12-2002, 04:08 PM
errr... well, how about a level-12 tourist instead? it's hard to get that many zorkmids :(

and you'll need to give me a day for the tourist. ;p

JoeSixpack
11-12-2002, 04:12 PM
The continued existence of religious morons is proof that 'survival of the fittest' is incorrect. Therefore Darwin is completely wrong and therefore there must be a God and therefore religious morons must exist.

>Acording to most people the murder of other peopel is wrong, yet according to natual selection technicly it's right. (think: survival of the fitest)<

Of course logic boy. The problem is that murder in may result in a death penalty or long term imprisonment in quite a few cultures. This would seem to suggest that murdering people is not a very good way to continue the propagation of your particular version of the species. Therefore I'm not sure how the dead or the long term imprisoned could be conceived of as the fittest.

God told me to write all of this. Therefore he must exist.

Sentaku senshi
11-12-2002, 04:15 PM
>Well, if there really is a God then he should be forgiving enough to me since I have done no wrong to the world. I don't see how not believing in God takes away your morality so that even if there is a God you won't be forgiven?<

Hell is the eternal seperation from god. This is what athisist want.

>What about the historical, not religious, story about how Jesus died. Oh I do believe that there was a Jesus but just not as special as others make him out to believe. My historical understanding of how Jesus died is because the ruler of Rome at the time wanted him dead. The ruler saw that Jesus was gaining too much power in his spread of Christianity so he felt that he must kill Jesus, which obviously he did. But the kill only made Christianity more popular and the plan backfired. This seems to contradict the religious story that Jesus died to save his people. I don't know; take your pick on which one to believe.<

:confused: The rulers of rome is not the one who wanted him dead, in fact both Pialate and Herod did not see that Jesus has commited any crimes, were presured into having him crucified.

Your probly talking about the Priest. Yes they killed him because of there greed, and unbelive. In this they caused various Prophecies to be fulfiled.

ggs
11-12-2002, 04:16 PM
seriously, fordy. you should lock this down and move it to the faq board, or make another one for ``stupid threads''

Sentaku senshi
11-12-2002, 04:23 PM
>Of course logic boy. The problem is that murder in may result in a death penalty or long term imprisonment in quite a few cultures. This would seem to suggest that murdering people is not a very good way to continue the propagation of your particular version of the species. Therefore I'm not sure how the dead or the long term imprisoned could be conceived of as the fittest.<

You have missed something, entirly. It's a crime because we consider it a crime.

The question is If there was no law, would you murder people?

rahaydenuk
11-12-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Sentaku senshi
>Well, if there really is a God then he should be forgiving enough to me since I have done no wrong to the world. I don't see how not believing in God takes away your morality so that even if there is a God you won't be forgiven?<

Hell is the eternal seperation from god. This is what athisist want.

That statement makes little sense as a response to the quote under which it lies. You'll sound much more convincing if you don't quote undirected religious waffle and instead, try and argue your point logically.

JoeSixpack
11-12-2002, 04:46 PM
>You have missed something, entirly. It's a crime because we consider it a crime. <

and it's a crime because we consider it a crime and it's a crime because we consider it's a crime.

> The question is If there was no law, would you murder people?<

Of course not. Unless my survival depended on it (and I had a greater desire to see my potential victims dead). This is pretty much the same as any species on the planet. The emphasis is on survival and not wiping out the opposition just for the sake of it. If any species had taken your view to the logical conclusion then by its own actions it would be bringing about its own extinction. Does the goldfish have the goldfish god to thank for giving it the temperament to live in peace with its fellow goldfish?

Sentaku senshi
11-12-2002, 05:30 PM
>and it's a crime because we consider it a crime and it's a crime because we consider it's a crime.<

We made it a crime.

>Of course not. Unless my survival depended on it (and I had a greater desire to see my potential victims dead). This is pretty much the same as any species on the planet. The emphasis is on survival and not wiping out the opposition just for the sake of it. If any species had taken your view to the logical conclusion then by its own actions it would be bringing about its own extinction. Does the goldfish have the goldfish god to thank for giving it the temperament to live in peace with its fellow goldfish?<

You missed the point. If x person wants y persons such and such he can go out and kill him. Would you condone this action?

TechWins
11-12-2002, 05:37 PM
We made it a crime.

Yes, and why is it a crime? Not because it is religiously wrong but because it is morally wrong. Morals should always come above religion, which leads me to my next point...


Would you condone this action?

No. The same goes to you---Would you condone this action if your religion said that it is acceptable?



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sentaku senshi
>Well, if there really is a God then he should be forgiving enough to me since I have done no wrong to the world. I don't see how not believing in God takes away your morality so that even if there is a God you won't be forgiven?<

Hell is the eternal seperation from god. This is what athisist want.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by rahaydenuk
That statement makes little sense as a response to the quote under which it lies. You'll sound much more convincing if you don't quote undirected religious waffle and instead, try and argue your point logically.


No, rahaydenuk, is right. Sentaku, your reply made very little sense to what I wrote. Basically what I said comes down to this---shouldn't your actions in life come above your beliefs? Regardless if you believe in God or not shouldn't God forgive if you have lead a moral life? Also, no, Hell is not what I want. I don't even believe in Hell, so how could I want something that I don't even believe in?

Sentaku senshi
11-12-2002, 05:51 PM
>Yes, and why is it a crime? Not because it is religiously wrong but because it is morally wrong. Morals should always come above religion, which leads me to my next point...<

Where did morals come from?

>No. The same goes to you---Would you condone this action if your religion said that it is acceptable?<


Love your brother as you love your self.

>No, rahaydenuk, is right. Sentaku, your reply made very little sense to what I wrote. Basically what I said comes down to this-- -shouldn't your actions in life come above your beliefs? Regardless if you believe in God or not shouldn't God forgive if you have lead a moral life? Also, no, Hell is not what I want. I don't even believe in Hell, so how could I want something that I don't even believe in?<

You don't get to heaven by deads.

no-one
11-12-2002, 05:55 PM
despite my efforts it still is out of control...

Tech, im not mad, and i was far from serious.

whatever you are i don't hold it against you.

be cool.

JoeSixpack
11-12-2002, 06:04 PM
>You missed the point. If x person wants y persons such and such he can go out and kill him. Would you condone this action?<

Well I have animals killed so that I can eat them so in some ways I do. But I have fellow humans to help me if ever the cows take up arms. I'm not murdering for no reason; but because I enjoy the taste of these animals.

Other humans have friends/family that may get a bit ........ed off if I go and murder them (they might try and murder me back). After a while these humans may form larger groups because they offer greater protection (especially from the cows). This group of people may form rules to follow so that someone joining this group knows what they're getting themselves into. These rules may promote the benefit of joining a large group (they may even add some spiritual mumbo jumbo to spice things up a little). One of these rules might be that no-one within the group may murder each other without the big group chiefs say-so. After a while the group may form large societies and form complex laws to protect the members of the group and ensure that they're (to some degree) looking after each other.

No amoeba is an island (maybe, that should read pack animal).

>despite my efforts it still is out of control...<

What is out of control?

Fountain
11-12-2002, 06:04 PM
And besides, all religion is there for is to cause wars.

Never,EVER has there been a more 'used' excuse to go to war.

Funnily enough it is the cause of (most) all our wars now.

No one can deny (probably dare not) deny the existence of god....likewise nobody can disprove it.

So, what do you do?

You certainly dont go 'banging' on about the points raised from the bible....again, it cannot be proved or disproved-unless you were living in those times!

So lets all be happy.:)

Govtcheez
11-12-2002, 06:40 PM
> You don't get to heaven by deads.

No? How does it happen then? Do I have to sign some sort of contract? Sell a kidney?

Hammer
11-12-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
> You don't get to heaven by deads.

No? How does it happen then? Do I have to sign some sort of contract? Sell a kidney?
Maybe it has to do with post counts :confused:

Sentaku senshi
11-12-2002, 07:15 PM
>Well I have animals killed so that I can eat them so in some ways I do. But I have fellow humans to help me if ever the cows take up arms. I'm not murdering for no reason; but because I enjoy the taste of these animals.<

Killing and murder are not the same thing.

>Other humans have friends/family that may get a bit ........ed off if I go and murder them (they might try and murder me back). After a while these humans may form larger groups because they offer greater protection (especially from the cows). This group of people may form rules to follow so that someone joining this group knows what they're getting themselves into. These rules may promote the benefit of joining a large group (they may even add some spiritual mumbo jumbo to spice things up a little). One of these rules might be that no-one within the group may murder each other without the big group chiefs say-so. After a while the group may form large societies and form complex laws to protect the members of the group and ensure that they're (to some degree) looking after each other.<
How would I become chief say-so? Easy by killing chief say so. Chief Say-so is Chief say-so because he is the strongest, and the other people want to be under his protection so to speak.

>And besides, all religion is there for is to cause wars.
Never,EVER has there been a more 'used' excuse to go to war.
Funnily enough it is the cause of (most) all our wars now.<
And science invented every last weapon.

correlcj
11-12-2002, 07:22 PM
Politics, religion and women.

Don't ask me, i didn't come up with this short quote. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Good luck to all and GOD bless us ALL!
cj:
:D
Make love not war! A wise man once said.
Later gator

Sentaku senshi
11-12-2002, 07:44 PM
>No? How does it happen then? Do I have to sign some sort of contract? Sell a kidney?<

Though Christ.


Deeds alone don't get you in, being baptised will not get you in. Though faith in Christ you will do deeds, but Christ is the Door.

Govtcheez
11-12-2002, 07:49 PM
> Though faith in Christ you will do deeds,

Really... Well, last time I checked I didn't believe in Christ (at least not as the son of God), but I still do good deeds. I saw an old lady the other day and didn't push her into traffic, when I robbed the kids at the elementary school across the street today, I let the fat one keep his lunch money, and I haven't strangled or raped anyone in almost a month (except that one time). These aren't motivated by Christ, but I do them anyways... Hyperbole aside, kinda get my picture?

Shadow12345
11-12-2002, 07:56 PM
For the most part athiests and religious people co exist perfectly fine. THe only thing i would change about religion is this: Allah should put in special requiest for people not to kill other people for him. I don't like Allah, I would probably kick him if I met him.

PJYelton
11-12-2002, 08:02 PM
Don't you think God is a little egotistical if the ONLY way to be saved from a fiery eternity of pain in hell is to declare him as your savior? Jeez, sucks for those poor people living in places where 99% of everyone is NOT christian and they really don't get a realistic chance of finding this out!