PDA

View Full Version : Who here listens to Love Line?

TechWins
10-29-2002, 11:48 PM
Love Line is the show with Adam Corolla and Dr. Drew. People call in about certain problems they are having, and the two of them give them a reply on their problem. I only listen to the show because I think Adam is the coolest guy alive. Well, maybe not the coolest guy alive, but I think he has a lot of good points concerning society. Plus, Dr. Drew is pretty good too.

***The show used to air on MTV on latenights, but it got cancelled. You should be able to find the show on the radio at 10pm PT till 12am PT. Listen to the show if you haven't ever before; it's a really good show.***

OneStiffRod
10-30-2002, 12:36 AM
Used to listen to that show every night when I was in highschool, can't catch it every night now but I listen whenever I drive home from work.

Excellent show.

kermi3
10-30-2002, 12:45 AM
Reminder....keep it clean

RoD
10-30-2002, 12:50 PM
Adam is best teamed with Jimmy and the Juggies!

The Man Show forever!

BMJ
10-30-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Ride -or- Die
The Man Show forever!'The Man Show' is disgusting and repulsive. It makes me embarassed to be a man, just as 'Jackass' makes me embarassed to be an American. :mad:

Govtcheez
10-30-2002, 02:04 PM
>just as 'Jackass' makes me embarassed to be an American

Speak not so negatively of the best movie of the year and its show :D Jackass makes me glad the human body's got so many things in common with elastic.

I listen to loveline when it's on - the people that call in make my life seem normal.

edit: the man show's alright once in awhile, but I don't like it much - it's so repetitive

BMJ
10-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Speak not so negatively of the best movie of the yearUhg... don't remind me....

wait... you've seen it haven't you!!

RoD
10-30-2002, 02:13 PM
>>Speak not so negatively of the best movie of the year

Best movie is the ring imo

TechWins
10-30-2002, 05:03 PM
Excellent show.

Yes, it is.

'The Man Show' is disgusting and repulsive. It makes me embarassed to be a man, just as 'Jackass' makes me embarassed to be an American.

Since when did having fun become so 'bad'? Hey, if you don't like, then don't watch it. There's no reason to knock what many others enjoy.:)

Best movie is the ring imo

I want to watch both The Ring and Jackass. Maybe I'll watch one of the two on Friday for the first time. But so far this year I would have to say Minority Report is probably the best movie I've watched all year.

sean
10-30-2002, 05:12 PM
'The Man Show' is disgusting and repulsive. It makes me embarassed to be a man, just as 'Jackass' makes me embarassed to be an American.

Ditto, but perhaps you'd like to spend a week in New Zealand. NO MORALS WHATSOEVER. That's why we moved here. And in New Zealand they always complain about America, but really, they all love it. I was speaking to one of my old friends the other today, "actually I think America's a way better country but I'm just patriotic because... I don't know".

I rest my case.

Techwins - don't worry, it's only going to SEEM like an eternity.

Nick
10-30-2002, 06:50 PM
Adam is the coolest guy alive.

He's kind of a smart a??

BMJ
10-30-2002, 08:33 PM
You either love The Man Show, or you hate it.

And TechWins, I think that The Man Show is more than just "a little guy fun". Guys are guys, I totally understand, people like you do take it the right way hopefully, that is, as fun. But there are some, rather many, who model their lives around the mockery and "guy fun" that the show offers. And this ........es me off the the nth degree because I despise, "Shallow Hals" if you know what I mean.

Betazep
10-30-2002, 10:46 PM
>>>And this ........es me off the the nth degree because I despise, "Shallow Hals" if you know what I mean.

Preach on brother! I hate all that crap. :mad:

Loveline = prepubescent teens and people that haven't got a clue calling in to talk about their insecurities with a quack and a guy who obviously knows nothing about having a good relationship.

Manshow = Tim Allen on steroids with a gay midget fling. Usually dumb. And two guys that obviously know nothing about having a good relationship.

Jackass = Dudes running around naked, stapling their testicles to their legs, shooting eachother with stun guns and the like, bathing in crap, and they have a movie named jackass.

Nick
10-30-2002, 11:10 PM
Dr. Drew seems like nice guy though. I once sort of met him.

TechWins
10-31-2002, 12:26 AM
Sean,

Techwins - don't worry, it's only going to SEEM like an eternity.

What are you referring to?

Nick,

He's kind of a smart a??

He's funny, and sometimes he actually has very good points. If you don't like the smart .......... comments, at least try to look past them and see some of his points.

Dr. Drew seems like nice guy though.

To me I think he is a very good guy. Not to mention he seems very intellignet.

BMJ,

And TechWins, I think that The Man Show is more than just "a little guy fun".

It's entertainment; it's not reality. JTLYK, I'm not one who wants to be a "Shallow Hal" either. In fact I have the oppurtunity to be somewhatlike that, but for some reason I care too much and I can't. Eh I guess it's for the best.

Betazep,

Loveline =...

Um, no. People are calling in to get advice on a problem they may be having from two peole who actualy enough do give good advice. If you listened to the show you would know that the advice given is quality, and that the problems these people (quite a few of them are in their 20s as well...) are telling are problems to themselves. The problem may seem measly to you, but to them the problem may be bothering them. Calling in gives them a chance to find some more advice. Plus the show often wanders off into other categories such as social issues, which is when Adam makes his good points about society. As well as the fact that Adam is quite humourous. But overall again it's entertainment.

Manshow =...

I don't watch this show that much anymore or if at all. The show has some pretty funny content on there once in a while, and you can never go wrong with hot chicks. Don't tell me that the women are being disrespected. **** that! They're getting paid good money for only having to dance around. So please nobody give me an argument that the women are being disrespected. That's not disrespecting wome if they are compliant with it and are benefiting from it.:) Once again overall the show is entertainment.

Jackass =...

Yes, the people do some pretty stupid acts, but that's the funny part about it. A lot of the acts aren't all that funny and are moreless stupid, but there are still some that are really funny. What do you know, though, this show is for entertainment, too.:eek:

Have a nice day to everybody I commented to.:)

EDIT: I'm sure I probably contradicted myself so many times in my argument, so there's no need for anyone to point them out.:D

lightatdawn
10-31-2002, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty much with TechWins on this one. As long as you understand that shows like the Man Show are tongue in cheek, you'll do fine. Some people are a little too dense for their own good and take it in all the wrong way. I'm the farthest from the aforementioned "Shallow Hal" type and shake my head at those that are. Yet I see the humour in these things.

Take it with a grain of salt guys. Its part of our societies strange sexual social interaction. We pretend to be all macho sometimes, and chicks laugh about it/us ;). I dont think anyones getting hurt by it. Its harmless.

I cant believe some of the people that phone into Loveline. Its like they dont have a clue... But they seem to get some solace from the DJs so I cant seen where the harm in that is either. ... That and it can be funnier than hell listening to them (107.7 The End after 10:00).

Not sure about this jackass thing. Never heard of it until this movie. Looks kind of dumb IMO, but I wont knock it for others.

Betazep
10-31-2002, 02:26 AM
>>>But overall again it's entertainment.

Point taken. Have a good time listening to it. If you like it, you can't go wrong.

In-as-much... understand that I dislike it, and I have my reasons. But I am not trying to convert anyone or disrespect you because of your likes/dislikes.

Usually I would be more candid about such a subject, but your post fell on one of my very few 'bad' nights.

As far as the post subject... When 'loveline' is on the radio... I prefer to kick back and listen to some music. Hearing people talk about problems just doesn't entertain me. :rolleyes: :p

RoD
10-31-2002, 12:42 PM
JTLYK.....next we'll have full sentences;

Hey man how are you today?

will become

HMHAYT?

>>Manshow = Tim Allen on steroids with a gay midget fling. Usually dumb. And two guys that obviously know nothing about having a good relationship.

They are not who they rlly are on that show, they both are happily married and very respectful to their wives. Not a anti-my0wife bit hits the screen unless their wives let them do it, they are just making guys laugh, even GIRLS watch the show dude, its all in fun, if people are too immature to know that then its on them imo.

Govtcheez
10-31-2002, 05:02 PM
Last I knew, Carolla wasn't married - Jimmy is, though - his wife's got a great sense of humor (or else we'd have heard of her cutting off something of his and throwing it away)

RoD
11-01-2002, 05:19 AM
ok so ones married, same point

OneStiffRod
11-01-2002, 11:33 PM
Adam carrolla is married also(recently), he said so on HOWARD STERN - the greatest morning radio show.

And Jimmy may be getting a divorce... according to Adam on the stern show.

RoD
11-02-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by OneStiffRod
Adam carrolla is married also(recently), he said so on HOWARD STERN - the greatest morning radio show.

And Jimmy may be getting a divorce... according to Adam on the stern show.

Your not helping my point :P