PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it, i really like this stuff

Shadow12345
10-03-2002, 09:06 PM
I am realizing that i really enjoy programming, and that programming all by itself is fun and exciting to me. I used to think that it was stupid and I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to do it because it looked so boring, but now all of a sudden I am a programmer and I want it for a career. This is weird.

I really get immersed in it, and it is one of the few activities that I don't worry about how well I do or whatever, but I can actually concentrate on doing something and get completely absorbed. It sounds corny but it makes me happier than almost anything (except for sex).

BMJ
10-03-2002, 09:10 PM
Programming makes me feel good too :)

Shadow12345
10-03-2002, 09:12 PM
all of us computer geeks/gods should start a cult and take over the world. I'll be president, BMJ will be vice president.

BMJ
10-03-2002, 09:16 PM
riiiiiiiiight...

lightatdawn
10-03-2002, 09:30 PM
>>all of us computer geeks/gods should start a cult and take over the world.

Uhh.... Ever heard of _Microsoft_? :D

>>I'll be president, BMJ will be vice president.

Hey. Hey! Count me in. I was here next! (I like anything where people have to do what I say. That works for me. So, uh, do it. Hurry up and count me in then.)

Shadow12345
10-04-2002, 03:19 AM
Hmm, you can be our first client for our therapist (well you asked to be someone who will get listened to)

and no I haven't heard of Microsoft, is that a band?

Magos
10-04-2002, 04:53 AM
Let's start the cult, take away MS's monopoly, bring peace to the computer world, give Rare back to Nintendo, create the ultimate bug-free multiplatform OS, invent our own optimal programming language, which would be 50 times faster than C and 100 times easier to use than java, remove all problems in the world (while we're at it), buy a mansion in some exotic country and live the good life for the rest of our lives.

face_master
10-04-2002, 04:56 AM
yeh ok, but only if I get playboy mansion ...

Prelude
10-04-2002, 08:43 AM
>I am realizing that i really enjoy programming, and that programming all by itself is fun and exciting to me.
Nobody understands until they try it for a while. Then they usually get hooked. :)

-Prelude

MethodMan
10-04-2002, 09:41 AM
>>all of us computer geeks/gods should start a cult and take over the world.

Uhh.... Ever heard of _Microsoft_?

LMAO

I agree, they have theri O/S on about 95% of home computers, thats crazy.

The only time I dislike programming is when I get into a corner, and cant figure a way out. But after thinking about it you usually do, and when the final product is done, you have a huge smile on your face. :D

lightatdawn
10-04-2002, 12:14 PM
>>The only time I dislike programming is when I get into a corner, and cant figure a way out.

Sometimes thats irritating, but usually I do my best work when that happens. I litterally will wake up from a deep sleep at 4 am with a solution. I try to keep a pen and paper by my bed for these situations or else I'll have forgotten by morning. I like a good challenge to wrap my head around. Some days I go all through work in a stupor, considering the fastest/best way to handle something.

elad
10-04-2002, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I don't know which is worse, staying up til all hours trying to work something out or waking up with a new approach that sprang into my head and booting up the box to see if it actually works. Both seem a bit obsessive, particularly for someone who does this for a hobby!