PDA

View Full Version : critique me please

ober
10-01-2002, 12:04 PM
alright... everyone else is doing it...

my site has been up for a while, and while I don't have a lot of content yet, I'd like your comments about the overall design. Windy Hill Productions is my company (I am the CEO and sole employee at the moment) and I do website publishing/maintenance and computer repair... not much of that is mentioned there because I'm not advertising at the moment... I get enough business without it.

Anyways... what do you think?

www.innernet.net/bennet

FillYourBrain
10-01-2002, 12:13 PM
is everyone doing it? oh, I guess I'll just conserve and use your thread:

http://chrismarino.com

ober, your site has a nice feel to it but yeah, needs a bunch more. What does "I get enough business" mean exactly? get more! seriously. You can't grow a business with that perspective

ober
10-01-2002, 12:16 PM
Well, considering I still have a year of school left and I work full time, I have more than enough to keep me busy :p

And your site is pretty cool. Your's appears to have not a lot more content than mine, but it's still decent.... hmm... this leads me to another question and a new thread... :)

MethodMan
10-01-2002, 05:15 PM
Site looks nice, very clean. Ive always been of fan of the white background, just makes it look more professional, and elegant.

Not much content yet, but it will be a good site, keep up the good work.

If you need references, I always go to www.htmlgoodies.com , one of the best sites out there.

Hammer
10-01-2002, 05:27 PM
More pictures of your g/f needed :rolleyes: :D

ober
10-02-2002, 06:17 AM
I had some up there... but she doesn't like her pic on the net... (and she knows where my site is) :(

I sent you that pic anyways didn't I?

And I know all the HTML I need MethodMan... and Javascript, etc... I just honestly haven't had the time to make it "cool" yet. But thanks for the comments. And I too like the "professional look" of the white background... always been a fan of it.

Hammer
10-02-2002, 06:39 AM
>>I sent you that pic anyways didn't I?
Yes, you did. :)

But you can never get enough of a good thing ;)

face_master
10-02-2002, 06:45 AM
yes, when you eat too much icecreame you feel sick (icecream is a good thing)

ober
10-02-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Hammer
But you can never get enough of a good thing ;)

hence why I'm leaving 4 days early for school to get more of a good thing ;)

BMJ
10-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Ooh ooh ooh! I made a ub3r website too!!!1

BMJz ub3r website (http://www.tilted.com/~brian/banana.html)

ober
10-02-2002, 12:11 PM
you really need to get off the banana kick already...

anyways... c'mon, no suggestions for my site? not even a "hey, that sucks... take that worthless piece of garbage to the recycle bin where it belongs"?

A nice "hey, that's not bad" would be good too. :)

Govtcheez
10-02-2002, 12:13 PM
OK...

You misspelled the URL for your 13375P33K thing, unless you meant it to be "t133"... Also, there's just not a lot of stuff there.

ober
10-02-2002, 12:20 PM
yeah... I realized I spelled it wrong, but was too lazy to change it.

And I realize there isn't much there.. i'm looking more for design comments.

BMJ
10-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Well, you used frames... and frames suck; Use well-designed tables instead to take out the 'void' spots :)

www.tilted.com <- notice how I used tables?

Also... yellow on white active links????