PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is this? Hm?

lightatdawn
09-25-2002, 05:27 PM
First time back at CProg for _way_ too long. :)

[Whiny life-sucks voice]
Of course a few days after it goes down is the day I smash my finger and mangle it up so bad I cant even work. So i'm sitting around here with a bloody hand and no cprogramming.com for over a week! Its just not fair I say. Cant even type right, although I've now progressed to using both hands, I only use the three fingers and it leads to strange and horrible typos. You have no idea how many times backspace was used in this post already.
[/Whiny life-sucks voice] ;)

I mean, I'm on this board so often when I don't have the time, and its down when I have an over-abundance of it. I hate Murphy and his damn laws.

So, uh, ya... whats new? :rolleyes:

Cshot
09-25-2002, 05:41 PM
Okay, which Series stunt did you pull this time?

lightatdawn
09-25-2002, 05:51 PM
Heh, nothing interesting I'm afraid. Was working on my car and had it jacked up. Being stupid I decided that I didnt need to block it up since "I was only going to be a second" changing a tire. I was on gravel and the damn thing slipped. I guess I'm just bloody lucky it was only a single finger (between the rim and something I still cant find but must have been a bolt based on the shape of the missing chunk). Its a lot better now though but I cant feel the end of it. (I still feel pretty weak that a single finger caused me to miss so much work, no matter what happened to it.)

MethodMan
09-25-2002, 06:12 PM
I saw something similar to that on tv, he jacked up his car, and didnt put blocks underneath. The jack gave way, and half his body got crushed. He died, since nobody noticed he was there for several days, poor guy had no family.

Cshot
09-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Dammit guys. I'm in pain just thinking about it.

Cheeze-It
09-25-2002, 08:58 PM
I stubbed my toe, once. I feel your pain.

endo
09-26-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by ethic
I stubbed my toe, once. I feel your pain.

LOL

Is this turning into an injuries thread?

dbaryl
09-26-2002, 09:52 AM
No clue where this thread is going, but...
...jacked up his car, and didnt put blocks underneath. The jack gave way...Done nearly that. Was doing something quick under the car, no blocks. The stupid jack gave, while thing came crashing down on me. Somehow, I was able to turn my face just past eh oil tank, missed crushing my nose by mere inches.

I still get chills over my back just thining about it. could have had a blob instead of a nose, or even far worse. It's really funny though, cause the whole thing was like a slow-motion movie... saw it coming, turn... BAM!

*shudders* I can't imagine not having a nose right now... :eek:

Fountain
09-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Dunno if it is different in US or something, but i was in car job for 10 years and not ONCE did a jack give way. Maybe UK jacks are stronger, or maybe we don't use them on sand , or something.

RoD
09-26-2002, 04:09 PM
i have a car lift lol.....

lightatdawn
09-26-2002, 05:52 PM
>>Maybe UK jacks are stronger, or maybe we don't use them on sand , or something.

The jack didnt break or anything, just slid on the gravel. I just jacked it in my driveway. Bit of a slant but it was enough to cause the problem. Stupidity mainly. I was in a hurry and cut corners I shouldnt have.

>>i have a car lift lol.....

I hate you.

Imperito
09-26-2002, 06:06 PM
Mine was my toe. I was carrying a big wooden table and the leaf fell out, dropped about four feet and landed square on my toe. Got purple, swollen, painful, developed a blood boil (burst when my mom stepped on it :eek: ) nail fell ff, etc. Took three months for the color to get back to normal.

Of course the worst part was limping around, people ask me what happened, and all I can say it a leaf fell on my foot.

lightatdawn
09-26-2002, 06:48 PM
>>and all I can say it a leaf fell on my foot.

LMAO! Thank you, Imperito, thats hilarious. I hope you milked it for all it was worth? "Well, it did fall several feet... It wasnt a small leaf either, I mean, this thing was big!"

Imperito
09-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Well I'm glad someone could derive some enjoyment from my misfortune...

lightatdawn
09-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Yep sure, no problem... uh, I mean... Is there something wrong with that? ;)

Peace