PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Fordy!

Gades
09-16-2002, 03:55 AM
Hey Fordy!

Congratulations on your new part time job ;)

kermi3 said the poll would be closed today, so I guess that makes you the winner. That is by just two votes, so CONGRATULATIONS Hammer as well.

I know Fordy is a facking knowledge fountain, so I guess if so many trust on Hammer, he must be kind of the same.

Well done you both!

face_master
09-16-2002, 04:38 AM
In regards to your profile...

Gades
09-16-2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by face_master
In regards to your profile...Explain¿?

well, that comes from a thread I started at FD (www.flashdaddee.com/forums) quite a few months ago (back last Christmas). It just proved that the health system in the UK is useless (unless you're related to the Queen).

You can try to stop a bus with your body, then get to the hospital, holding your left foot with your right hand. You go to the nurse, and ask her to see a doctor, she'll ask you if you're registered in there. Now, you've got two options:

1) yes I am registered --> then sit down, and within 5 hours, a doctor will see you. Til then, please don't get too much blood on the floors.

2) no, I am not registered --> in that case, fill in this form, and come back next week. A nurse will be with you (that is next week), and she'll be able to give you an appointment to see a doctor within a few days (it could be even less than a week if you're lucky).

So that's the kind of service you recieve in a clinic in the UK. Of course, that is when you DO recieve a service at all.

This wasn't my case, but it could have been.

The only good point about the NHS (that's the health stuff here in the UK), is the price of medicine. If you get sick, and the doctor tells you to get some medicine, they'll be always the same price (which was good for me when I had to take penicilin for example).

Govtcheez
09-16-2002, 07:11 AM
Congrats to Fordy and everyone else nominated... I gotta say I'm happy with the turnout - if memory serves, when we did elections last time, da led the way with 15 or so and I was second with like 7.... That's quite an improvement.

Hammer
09-16-2002, 07:13 AM
Is it officially over then?

Govtcheez
09-16-2002, 07:13 AM
The poll's closed... I'd say it is, but I'm not the final word on that.

(I just checked the old poll - da got 8 votes, I got 7)

ZerOrDie
09-16-2002, 08:22 AM
congrats fordy :)

-KEN-
09-16-2002, 08:26 AM
Have fun...Lord knows you've got more to do here than at FD :D

kermi3
09-16-2002, 09:08 AM
It is not offically announced yet. The offical announcement etc will come later today or tommorrow, after I get word from the webmaster. He much validate all votes so that we do not have a repeat of the last poll. He has been doing this ongoingly though so there will not be any major shifts (as in someone loosing 10 votes or so). However, it is very close so we'll wait final word.

I will let the canidates (aka Hammer and Fordy) know via PM first, then the general community.

ober
09-16-2002, 09:49 AM
congrats Fordy, if that is, indeed, the winner :)

FillYourBrain
09-16-2002, 09:50 AM
wow, is he checking all dimpled and pregnant chads? *snif snif* smells like a florida election in here.

Cshot
09-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Don't forget to count those absentee ballots...

kermi3
09-16-2002, 12:00 PM
I ate the chads, and I through out dimples. Oh and I stuffed the ballot box.

RoD
09-16-2002, 12:00 PM
HELL YEA FORDY

Wheres the KEG??!!