PDA

View Full Version : anyone here knows Python ?



black
09-08-2002, 07:21 PM
just find no message boards about it, any suggetions ? :rolleyes:

ygfperson
09-08-2002, 08:12 PM
i thought about learning it, but i didn't see much reason to. it doesn't have any advantages over perl or php.

black
09-08-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by ygfperson
it doesn't have any advantages over perl or php.

what? but I heard it is much powerful than perl. :eek:

Nick
09-08-2002, 08:39 PM
http://www.python.org/psa/

Well first you have to define powerful?

ober
09-08-2002, 08:47 PM
I've always wanted to learn that whole bunch... perl, python, php... but I have yet to touch any of them... :(

black
09-08-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Nick
http://www.python.org/psa/


thanx for that link. I've check it but those are all mail list, no message boards in it. :(

Dr. Bebop
09-08-2002, 10:00 PM
I know python. It's a great language, much more clean and simple than perl so it makes for a great first language. Whether it's more powerful I don't know, but since you can write complicated and larger programs faster with python I think it has a big advantage over perl.

vasanth
09-08-2002, 10:11 PM
Yes i know a phyton.. it is in the local zoo.... :):) Well sorry for the gag..

lightatdawn
09-08-2002, 11:10 PM
Well, theres the 'python & plugins' board on Elysiun. Its specifically a Blender forum but it should help. I notice non-blender topics regarding python there currently.

http://www.elysiun.com/viewforum.php?f=5

black
09-09-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by lightatdawn
Well, theres the 'python & plugins' board on Elysiun. Its specifically a Blender forum but it should help. I notice non-blender topics regarding python there currently.

http://www.elysiun.com/viewforum.php?f=5

it is great, thanx~ :D

black
09-09-2002, 03:15 AM
woh, guys theer are not active ones. I wait for almost one hour but no new post. :o

SilentStrike
09-09-2002, 02:26 PM
I belive the comp.lang.python newsgroup is the most popular place to discuss python. You can use googlegroups to have a web interface to the news group.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=comp.lang.python&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en

ygfperson
09-09-2002, 08:48 PM
hmm... interesting. i just thought python was perl minus a few elements... it looks like a bit more than that.

SilentStrike
09-09-2002, 09:08 PM
"hmm... interesting. i just thought python was perl minus a few elements"

Like the horrible syntax? :)

black
09-10-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by SilentStrike
I belive the comp.lang.python newsgroup is the most popular place to discuss python. You can use googlegroups to have a web interface to the news group.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=comp.lang.python&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en

yup. That newsgroup is the hottest one but it is strange I couldnt see my post here, I could only see others' posts. :(

Dr. Bebop
09-10-2002, 07:53 AM
Python is perl minus the impossible to understand 10 million ways to do one simple thing. :D

If you use google groups to post on comp.lang.python then it'll take at least 3 hours for it to appear. I use outlook express to post because it's quicker and google groups to search because it's easier. :)

black
09-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Bebop
Python is perl minus the impossible to understand 10 million ways to do one simple thing. :D

If you use google groups to post on comp.lang.python then it'll take at least 3 hours for it to appear. I use outlook express to post because it's quicker and google groups to search because it's easier. :)

I know mail way is much convenient but my mailbox have a low speed, so it drive me crazy to check hundreds of topics :(

valar_king
09-11-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by black
woh, guys theer are not active ones. I wait for almost one hour but no new post. :o

hmm, they're active there, but not very in the python/plugins. you did get a welcome in the offtopic area, involving my stoner cat and batdog (the two warriors of good and evil)