PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to webmaster

ober
09-06-2002, 04:44 AM
maybe this is more of an inquiry than anything, but would it be possible to show who is browsing the board we're currently in? I know it can be done, because I use several boards like this one that show it... I just think it would be interesting to see who is currently browsing a certain board, not just who is on the site when we're at the forums front page.

I've found it useful on other sites and figured it could be helpful here too. Sometimes I don't even ask code questions if certain people aren't there. I end up finding the answer on my own... (even if it's a couple hours later)

Anyways, that's my 2 cents..

salvelinus
09-06-2002, 04:52 AM
The forum index board shows who's logged in, but not on which board.

mithrandir
09-06-2002, 06:31 AM
I'd like to see this as well.

ober
09-06-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by salvelinus
The forum index board shows who's logged in, but not on which board.

no crap... did you read what I wrote? :rolleyes:

DISGUISED
09-06-2002, 08:47 AM
http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8658

Govtcheez
09-06-2002, 08:51 AM
That's not what ober's talking about, disguised. He wants it to say who else is viewing the board with you.

Eg: I'm looking at the GD board, and it says at the top "Currently viewing this board: DISGUISED, ober5861"... vB can do this....

DISGUISED
09-06-2002, 08:56 AM
Oh. My mistake. You mean like at Flashdaddee right.

I just thought that this was similar and it just isn't displayed at the top of the screen.

Go to the boards list. The line "Currently Active Users" is actually clickable, it takes you to a display of who is on, and what they are doing. It is just a general guide though, it updates on a schedule, so you cannot be certain someone is doing exactly what it says.

It is sometimes v-e-r-y slow to load.

Govtcheez
09-06-2002, 08:57 AM
> Oh. My mistake. You mean like at Flashdaddee right.

Yeah, at least that's what I got from it.