PDA

View Full Version : Programmers Database

sean345
09-02-2002, 03:55 PM
I have just created a program called the Programmers Database. It is a simple database program used for keeping source code and code snippets. I found this useful because I would often spend time searching through some old source code files looking for a specific function that I needed to use. This program allows you to keep track of these simply and easily.

If you guys could try it out that would be very helpful. I want to see if it works on different versions of Windows and how useful you guys think it is. Also, let me know if there is anything worth adding.

I have included a small sample database called Windows.pdb. It contains some simple Win32 API functions that I often use. I would like to create some other sample databases to include in the zip. If you create some databases that are useful could you attach them to your comments so I can use them as samples. It does not matter what programming language either.

The Programmers database requires at least Windows 95 to run. I have tested it on Windows 2000, but any other Windows versions you test them on would be helpful.

Hope you guys enjoy this program.

- Sean

Hammer
09-02-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey sean345, that looks pretty neat, congrats :)

If you're looking for suggestions, I'd say it's in need of a search/filter feature and the ability to sort the columns ;)

-KEN-
09-02-2002, 04:59 PM
I did something similar for hillbillie, probably about 7 months ago...I think it's up at my ACOS site under the goodies section. It still had bugs, but it worked well enough where I didn't really care :)

-KEN-
09-02-2002, 05:02 PM
Wow...the interfaces are very similar.

Good job, though...

sean345
09-02-2002, 08:38 PM
Thanks. I have been trying to do a find/search function, but I am not sure how to impliment it. I have been trying to figure out how to sort the columns, but so far I have not got it working.

- Sean

civix
09-03-2002, 01:05 AM
I'd like to see it in console, so i can run it in MS-DOS. Ayway, very nice proggy, will be used much by me.

face_master
09-03-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by -KEN-
I did something similar for hillbillie, probably about 7 months ago...I think it's up at my ACOS site under the goodies section. It still had bugs, but it worked well enough where I didn't really care :)
I just went and downloaded that prog and it is a real piece of CRAP! Sorry, but I ran it for about 10 seconds and in that time I got 6.5 trillion error messages and experienced several bugs like dialogs not being able to close, etc. But other than that, its a nice prog :D