PDA

View Full Version : Images displayed differently in Opera????

Imperito
08-24-2002, 12:22 PM
This is just weird. I never really noticed it, b/c I don't pay that much attention to my own avatar, Opera displays the image differently!

In IE, and in Moz, my avatar's weapon's muzzle flare is flashing. In Opera for Windows, it isn't.

When I boot over to Linux, Opera for Linux, Moz, and Konqueror all display it properly. As far as I can tell, only Opera for Windows doesn't.

I know Opera has the ability to prevent gif's animating, but I don't use that, and I know the gif is animating b/c there is a flicker at the back of the weapon, but the muzzle flare is solid.

I tried changing the refresh rate on my monitor, and it didn't do anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is just wierd, I thought gif's were a pretty standard, ho-hum deal.

Imperito
08-24-2002, 12:22 PM
grrr

MrWizard
08-26-2002, 03:34 AM
I'm not really sure, but I use Opera in Windows. Your image does not seem to work correctly for mine either. However, if you click "reload image" on the avatar you can see 2 distinct frames. One without the shot at the end of the barrel and then it switches to with the shot at the end and stays at that 2nd frame. Not sure why this is, my avatar animates fine.

Imperito
08-26-2002, 05:07 AM
So when it seems stopped to you, you don't see the top left pixel of the gun flashing from transparent to black?

This is vexing...

ober
08-26-2002, 08:05 AM
strange... it does the same for me... the part close to the face is animated, but not the flame...

mithrandir
08-26-2002, 09:04 AM
I'm using Version 6.01 Build 1041, and I am also having the same problem.

MrWizard
08-26-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Imperito
So when it seems stopped to you, you don't see the top left pixel of the gun flashing from transparent to black?

This is vexing...

My mistake, it does flip that pixel off and on.