PDA

View Full Version : C-Survivor: Outwit, Outplay, Outlast

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cshot
08-21-2002, 01:14 PM
AND THE WINNER IS....

dbaryl!

Final Jury Vote Deadline: End of day Monday 11/25

5 Questions (worth 0.5 points each), you guys have until end of Tuesday 11/26 for these but the jury vote deadline still stands.
1) Who accidentally deleted the original thread?
2) Who was the first player to try to bribe me?
3) Out of the 5 stocks team 2 chose, which one has performed the best up to this date.
4) Whose profile is this: "I'm secretly in love with govt cheez and will do anything to him, for him, whatever it takes...."
5) Whose profile is this: "I have a tattoo that says "Do Not Enter" over my rectum"

Congratulations to the final 2: dbaryl and tgm. Now it's time for the jury to vote for the winner. The jury consists of all the previous contestants who have been eliminated. They will be voting FOR the winner. Their votes are optional and it's dbaryl's and tgm's responsibility to get them to come out and vote. Each vote will be worth 1 point and only PM votes will count. To spice things up, I will add 5 fun questions about this game later and they will be worth half a point each. Good luck.

You guys all know how the game works. No need to recap.

Team1
---------
ober5861 ============Eliminated============
rick barclay ============Eliminated============
moi ============Eliminated============
Hammer ============Eliminated============
HillBillie ============Eliminated============
ygfperson ============Eliminated============
dbaryl

Team2
---------
doubleanti ============Eliminated============
civix ============Eliminated============
Tman ============Eliminated============
Govtcheez ============Eliminated============
tgm ============Eliminated============
vasanth ============Eliminated============
-Ken- ============Eliminated============

ygfperson
08-21-2002, 10:14 PM
i'll send in team1's entry in an hour or so.

//edit: i'm a little confused by the guess function, so i put some code in int main() to guess the number.

ygfperson
08-21-2002, 10:29 PM
here's our code (team 1)

Hammer
08-22-2002, 02:29 AM
Good job ygf! Let's hope we win this one, eh?! :)

Cshot
08-22-2002, 10:41 AM
First post has been updated. Team1 wins immunity. Team2 submit your tribal council votes.

Hammer
08-22-2002, 10:56 AM
>>Team1 wins immunity.
Excellent!! Good one ygf!

-KEN-
08-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Eh, that was a stupid challenge...heh...I started some code, but I didn't realize it was due today...

hmm...come to think of it noone on my team corresponded on this event...hey, anyone else write any code?

Cshot
08-22-2002, 01:58 PM
Eh, that was a stupid challenge...heh...I started some code, but I didn't realize it was due today...
Team 1 and their moderating ways. Deleting threads to confuse the opposition :)

ober
08-22-2002, 02:01 PM
shush CShot... lol... no, I don't think he did that on purpose ;)

Hammer
08-22-2002, 03:45 PM
>>>here's our code (team 1)
Forgot to say earlier: ygf, you could've changed the file name for that source file :D junk1.c doesn't sound like a superb C4 AI program ;)

I called it that 'cos it's what I call all my initial programs. And truely, most of them are just that: junk! :)

Common Team 2... who ya going to boot??? he he.

ober
08-23-2002, 06:54 AM
na na na na na... so who's it gonna be Team 2? cheez? ken? DA?

dbaryl
08-23-2002, 08:39 PM
Ehehehe! Ahahaha! *chokes* :D

Great job, you guys :) Just when I was thinking of taking Cshot's advice and going the "return (3)" thing...

Cshot
08-24-2002, 11:15 AM
Team 2 is up for Tribal Council for the first time. Whose it gonna be? I will draw the votes randomly:

civix
One vote civix.

civix
2 votes civix.

vasanth
2 votes civix. 1 vote vasanth.

Govtcheez
2 votes civix. 1 vote vasanth. 1 vote Govtcheez.

doubleanti
2 votes civix. 1 vote vasanth. 1 vote Govtcheez. 1 vote doubleanti.

civix
3 votes civix. No need to read the rest of the votes. The 2nd person kicked off the island is civix! Team2, you are free to go back to the island. Any last words civix?

doubleanti
08-24-2002, 01:17 PM
Hm, about that, who voted for me? If you'd like to say...

-KEN-
08-24-2002, 02:22 PM
After this one can we start with individual contests?

doubleanti
08-24-2002, 02:41 PM
Hm I think it's a bit early, considering we've only knocked 1 of each team's members... don't you?

dbaryl
08-24-2002, 11:12 PM
I agree with DA... in general, I don't think that we should go there until about half the people are gone from one of the teams, and then have "the merge".

dbaryl
08-24-2002, 11:17 PM
Stupid stupid stupid not_logging_me_in board thing! Ughh... it still doesn't log in from the new post/post reply page :( Anyone know when that will be fixed, if ever?

About the merge, are we going to have one and if so, when?

Cshot
08-25-2002, 11:57 AM
We'll most likely have a merge when 1 team has 2 members left. This is because there is no use in voting with only 2 players.

Cshot
08-25-2002, 03:25 PM
I will post Immunity Challenge #3 sometime today. I've decided to post this early since speed will not be an issue in this game. It will give each team more time to convene.

EDIT - The challenge is now up on the first post.

Cshot
08-27-2002, 10:02 AM
Challenge deadline has been extended for 1 week allowing time for the cprog domain to be put back up.

No eliminations this week.

ober
08-27-2002, 10:07 AM
niiiice :)

Cshot
09-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Gee, nobody's even made a stock pick yet. If you want to buy a stock, you need to make the purchase before opening hours tomorrow. Otherwise we'll get a fricken tie. Then I'll just have to flip a coin or something.

Cshot
09-05-2002, 03:02 PM
Team 1 wins immunity challenge #3. Team 2, you guys are up for Tribal Council.

Details on first post.

Hammer
09-05-2002, 03:07 PM
Well, what d'ya know! We WON :D :D

Hillbillie
09-05-2002, 03:53 PM
Who was the angel that made us win?

Tman
09-05-2002, 04:40 PM
:eek: Thats gay! Next time you should force everybody to participate and if one team doesn't do anything they automatically lose. :mad:

Cshot
09-05-2002, 04:51 PM
That's the nature of that challenge. Stocks have been so bad lately that maybe holding on to your money was the best thing to do. That's the way the cookie crumbles. :)

Hammer
09-05-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Tman
:eek: Thats gay! Next time you should force everybody to participate and if one team doesn't do anything they automatically lose. :mad:
Quit ya moaning :) This is what cshot so rightly pointed out in the first post:

Funny thing is, the previous challenge, Team 2 sat on their butts and did nothing and ended up losing.

See, T2 did nothing last time, and I didn't see anyone complaining about that! :p :D

ober
09-05-2002, 06:37 PM
hahaha... HELL YEAH! We own team 2... :) See, my team is sooo smart that we all knew the best thing was to just sit on our money :D

Oh, and good to hear from you Hammer... haven't seen you on the GD board much lately. :)

Hammer
09-05-2002, 07:01 PM
>Oh, and good to hear from you Hammer... haven't seen you on the GD board much lately.
Thanks and yeah, sorry about that... I been kinda busy for a day or two, so I lurked a bit instead of posting. And I'm away this weekend too :rolleyes: (wedding to go to).

ober
09-06-2002, 04:34 AM
weak... well eat some cake for me, would ya? :)

-KEN-
09-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Actually, since team1 didn't even make an effort to participate, I'm contesting the results of this competition. We can't just go with your word on everything, cshot...

face_master
09-06-2002, 06:33 PM
I forgot about this ages ago...

Cshot
09-07-2002, 03:12 AM
We can't just go with your word on everything, cshot...
Rules of the challenge state that:

Each team can invest anywhere from $0 to $10,000
Team 1 chose to invest $0. Simple as that.

You can contest it all you want. But I don't change the rules in the middle of the game. If you had a problem with the rules, just address it beforehand.

Oh wait, nevermind. Lemme change the rules right now...Each team must buy at least 1 stock otherwise they'll be disqualified. Yay, Team2 wins. Just kidding! Sheesh, see what I mean?

Cshot
09-07-2002, 03:16 AM
Okay, here are the tribal council votes. The results are final. If you have the most votes, you must leave the island immediately.

Vasanth
1 vote vasanth.

Tman
1 vote vasanth. 1 vote Tman.

Vasanth
2 votes vasanth. 1 vote Tman.

Ken
2 votes vasanth. 1 vote Tman. 1 vote ken.

Tman
2 votes vasanth. 2 votes Tman. 1 vote ken.
Ken is now safe.
Final vote....
Vasanth

Sorry vasanth. You're the 3rd person to get the boot-AY. Oh well, better luck next time. Oh wait, this isn't one of ygf's programming challenges. Any last words before you go?

Tman
09-07-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Cshot
Rules of the challenge state that:

Team 1 chose to invest $0. Simple as that.

You can contest it all you want. But I don't change the rules in the middle of the game. If you had a problem with the rules, just address it beforehand.

Oh wait, nevermind. Lemme change the rules right now...Each team must buy at least 1 stock otherwise they'll be disqualified. Yay, Team2 wins. Just kidding! Sheesh, see what I mean?

Okay, okay, but at least consider it with the next challenge. It all depends on what the challenge is.

vasanth
09-08-2002, 08:58 AM
hmm... well maybe i deserved to be kicked out ..:) well i dint work with the team well ... Any way best of luck to the other teammates left... See ya.. ( Vasanth packs his bag and walks away muttering *^%*)_&)^(%$*$^*... )

Cshot
09-08-2002, 01:32 PM
Challenge #4 will be posted around 11:59 pm EST Sunday night.

ober
09-08-2002, 02:02 PM
do you have any idea how long this thing is gonna take to finish?? At this rate, it wont' be done by the end of the year!! :(

Cshot
09-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Well the game has been delayed a few times because cprog was down...And people didn't like having weekend challenges and so far we've only been able to fit one challenge and one tribal council session a week.

Some of the reasons being:
1) cprog downtime
2) challenges completed rather slowly
3) gives people time who aren't always here to still get a chance to participate

We may be able to quicken up the pace when we begin the individual immunity challenges. Depends on everyone's feeling on this. It may be unfair to have a challenge and elimination to occur in two days time because some individuals may happen to be gone for that period. Imagine you being in the final 3 and have this happening after all the hard work.

EDIT - New challenge has been posted. See 1st post.

-KEN-
09-09-2002, 01:19 PM
I'm announcing my secession from c-survivor. It's mind-numbing.

Either take me out now or vote me off later...up to you.

Govtcheez
09-09-2002, 01:21 PM
I'm with Ken on this one... It was fun at first, but I think it's dead, now.

doubleanti
09-09-2002, 02:02 PM
aw gee you people suck...

well, i suppose of cshot wants, we can just all merge now if ken and govt decide they really want to leave...

Cshot
09-09-2002, 02:14 PM
Okay. We'll see how many people still wanna play. Come on guys, you're supposed to "outlast" your opposition.

Oh wells :(

ober
09-09-2002, 02:19 PM
ehh... I hate to say it, but I'm to the point where I don't have the time or the desire to do it either... it was fun Cshot... and a good idea... but it just ain't happenin...

Cshot
09-09-2002, 02:28 PM
Perhaps you guys should stick around until after being voted off. Who knows. You might survive without doing anything and make it to the final 4. You might then be motivated to win the last few individual challenges and be the sole winner.

Any suggestions to make it more fun? I can't think of any right now. I'm very busy and am surprised that I still have time to whip out these challenges...

EDIT - We can always speed through and have Tribal Council only and no challenges. Although this won't be fair to the peeps who wanna play.

dbaryl
09-09-2002, 11:00 PM
c'mon you guys, just when team 1 is finally ahead! ;)

Cshot
09-09-2002, 11:36 PM
Hmm I may have an idea in the works...Might as well go out with a bang eh?

ober
09-10-2002, 06:42 AM
umm...what is the prize for this anyways?