PDA

View Full Version : IDEA: Programming a human

Shadow12345
08-21-2002, 08:01 AM
Try the difficult task of making a human class. Have attributes be dependant on different things such as parent's characteristics and randomness. Then based on the 'makeup' of the person write a synopsis guessing what the human will end up accomplishing in life.
i.e A person with high intelligence, a medium amount of self esteem and a low temper will probably succeed moderately in life, but not as much as capable because his/her temper is always getting in the way

Something like that

ygfperson
08-21-2002, 08:19 AM
interesting...
maybe we can then interact that class with other human objects.

Shadow12345
08-21-2002, 09:19 AM
I think the possibilities are basically endless. I mean this could easily get more complicated than an operating system. And you are right, we could have different human objects interacting and what not. Simulate population!?!

I wonder if scientists use a simliar idea to try to map out the human genome.

I want some ideas though. I mean this could get very in depth. I was thinking about possibly creating a human model in opengl, and I could create what the person looks like. i.e. eye color and skin color would be easy (although I would have to cast it from a float to an int, because I don't know of a glcolor3*() function that accepts ints)

I could create different modules, or projects, that control different things. For example I could have one that controls the makeup of the human on creation. Then I could start a different project that simulates how the person moves . One friend suggested have a different class for each body part, leg class, arm class, head class, and then have those classes interact with each other and have all of that be in the human movement module/project.

This is all sketchy at best but the ideas are cool.

moi
08-23-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Shadow12345
class

this is a c/c++ board

Shadow12345
08-24-2002, 01:25 PM
uhh what?

moi
08-30-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Shadow12345
uhh what?

you mentioned an idea of various classes for various parts of a human. classes are C++ specific. this is a C/C++ board and the contests are made to be completed in C or C++ (or C#).

ygfperson
08-30-2002, 04:03 PM
huh?

this isn't a c/c++ board; it's a contest board.

and shadow12345's within bounds posting here, anyway. these threads are for discussion of topic ideas.

moi
08-30-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ygfperson
huh?

this isn't a c/c++ board; it's a contest board.

when i said "c/c++ board" i meant that the entire message board is geared towards such. and afaik all past contests have been for c or c++, now if you made a contest "make a class for foo" then it's a c++ contest only.

Originally posted by ygfperson

and shadow12345's within bounds posting here, anyway. these threads are for discussion of topic ideas.

i didn't tell him to burn and rot in hell did i? :D i just think that particular idea is a bad idea because of the above reasons.

Driveway
08-30-2002, 06:54 PM
moi has a point
c coders couldn't use classes

ygfperson
08-30-2002, 07:52 PM
oh...i get it
i thought you were saying something else :D

that might be a problem... but it shouldn't really affect things too much. we'll deal with it if this idea is ever elected.

Klinerr1
09-02-2002, 04:23 PM
I think the world should abondon C and move to C++ cmon c++ is C and more. it has all the C stuff and crap. and bets of all OOP !!!

Shadow12345
09-02-2002, 04:45 PM
I think I deserve to die and rot in hell, at least it will get me out of Skowhegan

LuckY
09-03-2002, 08:44 AM
I got the same idea after watching The Thirteenth Floor (good movie btw).

It would be a very interesting (and difficult) project to pull off, and I'd love to give it a try.

[edit follows]
I guess I read your original post incorrectly. It appears you're talking about simulating a person's features and such.
I was actually thinking of creating a simulated person that would have thoughts, wants, needs, questions, conversations, etc and could then interact with other simulated people. Have any thoughts on a project like that?
I've given it extensive thought, but the AI code proves too difficult for me to wrap my mind around.

ygfperson
09-03-2002, 01:01 PM
this idea is pretty much open to interpretation. i doubt we could do everything; that would drown everybody in work.

Troll_King
09-14-2002, 04:44 AM
There are text books on AI, also have you seen the movie? It was very interesting. I think that it would be more feasable to create a program like Dr. Know (from the movie). To create a mecha though, you would have to actually create the robot itself because than you can program it to react to what it sees, feels, etc. A program on a computer can not react to the exterior environment.

So if you programmed Dr. Know, than I'd suggest using a distributed system.

moi
09-14-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Klinerr1
I think the world should abondon C and move to C++ cmon c++ is C and more. it has all the C stuff and crap. and bets of all OOP !!!

i think people like you should be relegated to basic :p

RoD
09-15-2002, 02:49 PM
yea i don't see the point in c....

Driveway
09-15-2002, 06:23 PM
I do. It was made before C++. They can't just "get rid of C"

drdroid
09-15-2002, 07:46 PM
I'm all for c++ but, realistically for thoughs who want something to run smoother and faster they'd prbably have to go with c.

kybert
09-15-2002, 08:19 PM
Think of those of us that write embedded C applications!

There is no way that we could optimise C++ small enough to fit the application.

My typical memory size for a project is 8k -- yes 'k' !!!

joe
#

Troll_King
09-15-2002, 11:56 PM
Are you just talking about the library support of C++, because that would make sense to me, the STL is large compared to standard C libraries.

Hunter2
09-24-2002, 08:50 PM
i didn't tell him to burn and rot in hell did i? I think Klinerr should burn and rot in hell... C is my best friend!

Troll_King
09-29-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Hunter2
I think Klinerr should burn and rot in hell... C is my best friend!

Have mercy on the fatherless children.

zahid
10-06-2002, 04:31 AM
Klinerr1 started another controversy. Why don't we take a vote on it? Though first vote will be mine against it.