PDA

View Full Version : Rage against the e-mail machine!!!

doubleanti
08-14-2002, 05:54 PM
http://horus.vcsa.uci.edu/article.php?id=148

What do you think? I think he's right and it's really a nice, quirky read. Haha... straight from the source, and I personally have gotten such mail! Nice to know that for your next four years you'll have no choice. So if you ever have any e-mail listing, return the spam and encourage others to do so!!! :)

rick barclay
08-14-2002, 06:02 PM
Our need to know certainly seems questionable in this case.

rick barclay

Fountain
08-14-2002, 06:11 PM
Since they cannot remove me from this mailing list, I will add them to mine. From this day forth, I will regularly e-mail Meredith Lee updates regarding my academic status. I ask that all my readers do the same.

Her e-mail address is: malee@uci.edu.

Tell her how your school day went, what grades you got on recent papers and exams.

Tell her how you feel about school.

Tell her about how your sock full of chicken fat is doing.

Tell her inconsequential details regarding your academic progress here on campus.

She obviously cares enough to take the time to find out about these fellowship winners and then sit down and write us e-mails. So, if she cares so much about those, Im sure shell care enough to sit there and get all these updates on how all her beloved undergraduates are doing.

Get your friends to do it.

She cares about them too.

HEHE I am not sure he will succeed. The chicken fat thing will probably get a result though

doubleanti
08-14-2002, 06:15 PM
well not from _here_ dork!!! [unless any of you people are fellow anteaters! :) if so contact me!] iono... but i did think it was a nice article.

MethodMan
08-14-2002, 06:18 PM
I found the article quite amusing, but if you dont want to block her emails coming to you, she may block yours if you continue to send her pointless emails.

doubleanti
08-14-2002, 06:22 PM
true but the idea was that she'd get so many emails that she'd get the point. tho i don't know how often those student-achievement messages some afoot, if enough of us did say something i'm sure we'd at least coerce the option of getting placed off the list.

golfinguy4
08-14-2002, 09:59 PM
That is f***ing hilarious. I hope it actually works. We should do that to all people who spam us.

doubleanti
08-15-2002, 12:54 PM
yeah... exactly...

er... of course, we wouldn't dare spam our lovely Cprogramming.com for it's informative "Replied to Thread" emails! :)

kermi3
08-15-2002, 01:06 PM
of course most the damn SPAM is from machines who like to delete our replies.