PDA

View Full Version : im kinda scared....

DavidP
08-12-2002, 09:17 AM
something odd is happening on my computer....it kind of scares me...

earlier today i cleaned out my recycle bin on my desktop after deleting a lot of files...

well, 5 minutes ago i looked at the recycle bin and their were files in it that needed to be deleted...

i was like, hmm....i guess i deleted more files....

so i opened up the recycle bin, but to my amazement, their were no files in it that needed to be deleted....

so i was like....thats odd...

so then i clicked on "Empty Recyle Bin" anyways, and it asked me if I wanted to delete the 2 items that were in the recycle bin...

i was like, "say what? there isnt anything in the recycle bin..."

but I said okay anyways, to get the stuff out of the recycle bin and make it clean again...because if you are like me...you hate stuff sitting in your recycle bin...you like to clean it out...

so then i closed the recycle bin, but the icon on the desktop showed that their were still files in it...

so i was like, hmm....thats really weird...

so i opened it back up, but yet again nothing showed...

this time i clicked on the view options and made sure that it was also displaying hidden and system files....and it was...

but still nothing was there....

so i clicked on "Empty Recycle Bin" again...and it said, "are you sure you want to remove the folder 'Windows' ?"

and i was like AHHHHHHHH! NO!

so i clicked cancel

then i tried doing it again, but it said the same thing, so i clicked cancel

so um...this is scaring me...

what do i do?

ober
08-12-2002, 09:19 AM
sounds like a virus..... I'd start searching the web for recycle bin virii.

Govtcheez
08-12-2002, 09:19 AM
Run an AVP?

netboy
08-12-2002, 09:31 AM
I think the same thing happened to me some time ago... After restarting Windows, it was back to normal...

Well, it's a MICROSOFT thing again!

ober
08-12-2002, 10:03 AM
wait wait wait... you THINK the recycle bin asked you if you wanted to delete the '\Windows' folder???? I would think one would be certain of this... those sorta things usually stick in your mind...

DavidP
08-12-2002, 12:46 PM
*currently backing up all important files -- especially DBZ game*

no-one
08-12-2002, 04:47 PM
bombity bombity bombity bomb bomb bombity bombity bombity bombity bomb bomb bomb BOOOOOOOOMMMMBBBBBBBBB!!!!

this is a typical sign of three things, one the bomb, two your AVP is on overkill and is lying to you, or three you recently put in a new harddrive with something in its recycle bin?

but judging by the message i would say. somebody set up you the bomb.

Commander
08-12-2002, 09:06 PM
like u and netboy, same thing happened to me, but it was trying to remove the system32 folder and the cancel button was disabled, that ........ed me off so much, if i didn't restart te comp, i had to press ok, but i never saw that thing again. i wonder why *:looks suspiciously at the RB icon:*

Sentaku senshi
08-12-2002, 09:09 PM
What version of windows are you using Commander 9x/Me or NT/2000/XP?

dirkduck
08-12-2002, 11:57 PM
No need to worry, happens to me all the time. Its just a MS bug I believe, simmilar to like when all your icons get mixed up. It hasnt caused any trouble (other than the annoyance of seeing trash in an empty recycle bin) that I know of.

TechWins
08-13-2002, 01:15 AM
i have 422 items in my recycle bin currently lol.:eek:

not anymore:D