PDA

View Full Version : Which script fit me well ?

black
08-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Hi, all~

all my friends knows I am just fond of programming althought not too good at it. ;)

and some days ago one of my friends advised that maybe I should learn somewhat script for web such as ASP or PHP or CGI or XML or something else. But I really know nothing about it and I think they are much different from what I learned before(Cos I learned just a liitle C++). Now I need all of your advise to figure out those script's features and decide which one fit me best. :)

Regards~

Aran
08-11-2002, 08:25 PM
for php, go to http://php.net
for asp, go to http://microsoft.com and search for it.
for perl, shoot yourself.

XSquared
08-11-2002, 08:32 PM
it mainly depends on what platform the server is running.

php is the common language for *nix servers, and asp is the default for windows nt/2000/xp servers. perl you shouldn't bother to learn, as it isn't used much anymore

I know both PHP and ASP, and I personally have no preference either way. I started out with Perl, and dropped it one day later.

black
08-11-2002, 08:48 PM
thanx guys, whichi is much powerful please ? I heard that XML is best, yes ? :)

TravisS
08-11-2002, 10:15 PM
XML is powerfull and will probably very popular in the future, but I don't think it falls in line as a script such as PHP and ASP, though I could be wrong.

black
08-11-2002, 11:49 PM
seems hard to choose. Mmm.................. :rolleyes:

black
08-11-2002, 11:54 PM
sorry for that post unregistered. I have no idea how to delete it.:(

nvoigt
08-12-2002, 12:39 AM
XML isn't a scripting language, it's a data definition standard.

For scripting learn php which is very close to C or ASP+ which allows you to put C# code on your webpage.

black
08-12-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by nvoigt
XML isn't a scripting language, it's a data definition standard.

For scripting learn php which is very close to C or ASP+ which allows you to put C# code on your webpage.

thanx. I just want to build up something like guestbook. How long will it takes please ? :rolleyes:

TravisS
08-12-2002, 09:22 PM
There are a TON (yes, literaly a ton) of pre-made scripts out there for your using pleasure. Unless you're insitant on actually learning PHP in order to make your guest book, I reccomend just doing a search on google.

Dual-Catfish
08-12-2002, 09:32 PM
for php, shoot yourself.
for asp, shoot yourself.
for perl, http://www.perl.com/

What about jsp? Wouldn't that be closer to C++ syntax then ASP?

Fordy
08-13-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Dual-Catfish

What about jsp? Wouldn't that be closer to C++ syntax then ASP?

Probably not if you can now put C# in an asp page....

And anyway....I think you can use JScript in ASP....that's close to C syntax....

black
08-13-2002, 05:48 AM
thanx for all of your advice, guys ! :D I'd appreciate it much~

and anyone konws Python ? I found my linux system had it already, is it great ? :)

Xterria
08-14-2002, 07:31 PM
i do...doesn't make exes, interpreter, bout it