PDA

View Full Version : addictions...

ober
10-02-2001, 06:54 AM
OK all, it's now been just over an hour since I've been at work, and I've already posted like 17 times on here... this freakin board is addicting...

And now, I must get back to work. :)

Govtcheez
10-02-2001, 06:57 AM
Heh - I was actually thinking about posting smth like this... I think that's just as good a sign of addiction than any other...

How many people here get offline and wonder what new posts there'll be when you get back? How many polls [stealth] put up? What doubleanti said that only he understands? Did Govtcheez make any posts with substance?

-KEN-
10-02-2001, 07:56 AM
mememe!

Ok, maybe not thinking about it THAT much, but I always wonder if I haven't been on for a while, what state the board's in.

Govtcheez
10-02-2001, 07:59 AM
I propose that level of addiction can e measured by the amount of time you think is "a while" to be away from the board. For me, it's about 3-4 days... By that time there's usually so many posts.... So many missed opportunities...

ober
10-02-2001, 08:04 AM
I know what you guys mean... I feel like if I miss a post on the GD board, or in the Linux board, that I'm behind... how sad is that???

It's called an addiction... there, I just made the first step towards recovery... at least I can admit it.

Govtcheez, -Ken-, I applaud you both... would anyone else like to stand up and admit their guilt? :D

By the way kids, there will be red juice and crackers when we're done with this session... hahaha...

ober
10-02-2001, 08:05 AM
I feel better already...

Govtcheez
10-02-2001, 08:06 AM
Hi, my handle is Govtcheez, and I'm a message board addict. It's been ::looks at watch:: almost 15 minutes since my last post.

-KEN-
10-02-2001, 08:20 AM
I don't have a problem!!! YOU'RE ALL AGAINST ME!!!

hehe, for me it's about 3 days, yeah...

Unregistered
10-02-2001, 09:15 AM
addictions...

A/T/S
Acarbose
Accolate
Accupril
Accutane
Acebutolol HCl
Acetaminophen-Caff-Butalbital
Acetaminophen-Codeine
Acetaminophen-Hydrocodone
Acetazolamide
Acetic Acid in Propylene Glycol
Acetic Acid-Aluminum Acetate
Acetylcysteine
Achromycin V
Aciphex
Acitretin
Aclovate
Actigall
Actos
Acyclovir
Adalat
Adalat CC
Adapalene
Aerobid
Aerobid-M
Agrylin
Albuterol
Albuterol Sulfate
Alclometasone Dipropionate
Aldactazide
Aldactone
Aldara
Aldomet
Alendronate Sodium
Alesse
Alkeran
Allegra
Allopurinol
Alomide
Alphagan
Alprazolam
Alprostadil (Vasodilator)
Altace
Aluminum Chloride
Alupent
Amantadine HCl
Ambien
Amerge
Amiloride-HCTZ
Amiodarone HCl
Amitriptyline HCl
Amlodipine Besylate
Amoxapine
Amoxicillin
Amoxicillin-Clarithro-Lansopraz
Amoxicillin-Pot Clavulanate
Amoxil
Ampicillin
Amylase-Lipase-Protease
Amyl-Lip-Prot-Ca Carb
Anafranil
Anagrelide HCl
Anaprox
Anaprox DS
Anastrozole
Androderm
Android
Antabuse
Anthralin
Antivert
Anusol-HC
APAP-Isometheptene-Dichloral
Apraclonidine HCl
Apresoline
Aricept
Arimidex
Aristocort
Armour Thyroid
Artane
Asacol
Asendin
Aspirin-Caffeine-Butalbital
Aspirin-Codeine
Aspirin-Codeine
Astelin
Atacand
Atarax
Atenolol
Ativan
Atorvastatin Calcium
Atrovent
Aug Betamethasone Dipropionate
Augmentin
Avandia
Avapro
Avita
Axid
Aygestin
Azatadine-Pseudoephedrine
Azathioprine
Azelaic Acid
Azelastine HCl
Azelex
Azithromycin
Azmacort
Azulfidine
Minipress
Minocin
Minocycline HCl
Mirapex
Mirtazapine
Misoprostol
Moduretic
Moexipril HCl
Moexipril HCl-HCTZ
Monopril
Montelukast Sodium
Morphine Sulfate
Motrin
MS Contin
Mucomyst
Mupirocin
Myambutol
Mycelex
Mycobutin
Mycophenolate Mofetil

Oh well, thats all I can remember for now.

WayTooHigh
10-02-2001, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by -KEN-
I don't have a problem!!! YOU'RE ALL AGAINST ME!!!someone's in denial.

seriously this is the first i do when i get on my computer. i get up in the morning... check the board... get dressed... etc... check the board... surf the web... check the board... program something... check the board... wait! "My name is WayTooHigh and I am an addict."

ober
10-02-2001, 09:35 AM
thank you guys for being big enough to go through with this...

*in motherly like voice*

Now would anyone else like to state their addiction to the board and get it out in the open?

C'mon... I know you guys... there are more sitting here that are in denial... you wouldn't be here if you weren't addicted...

ober
10-02-2001, 11:00 AM
look... I know I started this, but I'm outta control... I NEED HELP... I'm over 20 posts on the day...

addict? NO, I'M A F-ING FIEND....

WayTooHigh
10-02-2001, 11:17 AM
luckily, i'm no more than an observer. i have been registered since mid august and this is my 40th post. i guess this could mean two things: 1. i don't have that much programming knowledge. and/or 2. i'm anti-social. i thinks its both. :p but anyway "I have been observering this board for..."

ober
10-02-2001, 11:24 AM
YOU ARE IN DENIAL, SON!! Step up here and proclaim your addictions so that we can cast them off like the demons they are...

ROFL at myself... :p

WayTooHigh
10-02-2001, 11:36 AM
ok... ok... "My name is WayTooHigh and I'm in denial..."
Get your ass kicked on eBay (http://home.houston.rr.com/surrenderownz/auction.htm) :D

ober
10-02-2001, 01:42 PM
that can't be serious... I can't even believe someone bid on it.

rick barclay
10-02-2001, 03:07 PM
I can quit this board any time I want to. I just don't want to.

rick barclay

-KEN-
10-02-2001, 03:24 PM
It was just a joke. try to place a bid or check the bid history. you can't. someone just made a duplicate of an e-bay page and added their own stuff.

*shudders* I just went to the main page...Lord is that one ugly kid! http://home.houston.rr.com/surrenderownz/

rick barclay
10-02-2001, 03:41 PM
Ugly, true, but probably dripping money. Sure-fire success
formula with the game pads, er, I mean ladies.

rick barclay

Cheeze-It
10-02-2001, 03:44 PM
This board is my social life...

mfc2themax
10-02-2001, 04:26 PM
I have to agree, outside of the few other people i work with, this is the only social interaction that i have..... :D

no-one
10-02-2001, 04:41 PM
you wanna know whats addictive?

Happy Cakes,

I make them in my little Happy Cake Oven oh the sweet tast,i can taste them now, that savory delicious flavor.

HAPPY CAKE TIME!!!

Fordy
10-02-2001, 04:44 PM
>>HAPPY CAKE TIME!!!

I'm off to Amsterdam in 2 weeks...I hear they do great happy cakes.....:D

gamegod3001
10-02-2001, 05:10 PM
Of coarse I am not addicted, its just that my homepage is the cboard main index.

>How many people here get offline and wonder what new posts there'll be when you get back? How many polls [stealth] put up? What doubleanti said that only he understands? Did Govtcheez make any posts with substance?<

Govtcheez never makes any post with substance so there nothing to wory about there. :)

>I propose that level of addiction can e measured by the amount of time you think is "a while" to be away from the board. For me, it's about 3-4 days... By that time there's usually so many posts.... So many missed opportunities...<
Lets see the only way I don't vist this board is if I can't even get online.

>seriously this is the first i do when i get on my computer. i get up in the morning... check the board... get dressed... etc... check the board... surf the web... check the board... program something... check the board... wait! "My name is WayTooHigh and I am an addict."<

Get up, get ready for school/work, cheak the board if I have time. Go to school/work cheak the board if possable. Come home. If tuesday, thursday, saturday, sunday. Go directly to board. If Monday, wendsday, friday, stare at thumb untill 8:00. Then go to board.

-KEN-
10-02-2001, 05:29 PM
it's your social life? now that's scary.

WayTooHigh
10-02-2001, 07:41 PM
i could quit this board anytime i want. but i won't quit. you know why? 'cuz i'm not a quitter.

It was just a joke. try to place a bid or check the bid history. you can't. someone just made a duplicate of an e-bay page and added their own stuff. i picked up the url on another board. it was posted by a guy that says he puts up crazy auctions on eBay all the time. saves them and sees how long it takes them to get pulled. i don't know if he's lying or not. but its funny as hell.

Cheeze-It
10-02-2001, 08:13 PM
it's your social life? now that's scary.

Scary? How'd'ya figure?

-KEN-
10-02-2001, 08:14 PM
you need to be sociable beyond the reaches of the internet...

Cheeze-It
10-02-2001, 08:26 PM
you need to be sociable beyond the reaches of the internet...

I need to? I think not... :)

ober
10-03-2001, 06:25 AM
wait a second... you mean there's something out there beyond this board? WHERE?? I can't see it... point to it... :p

mithrandir
10-03-2001, 06:50 AM
How many polls [stealth] put up?

You really look foward to those? Cool :D

I'm like super addicted to this board. I post about 10 times a day, and often spend about 30-60 mins here, surfing round, looking for interesting stuff to read, or to post a poll.

But hey, life is short, so do what you enjoy - that's my motto!

Kettering University Football Rules!

ober
10-03-2001, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by [stealth]

Kettering University Football Rules!

Why yes, yes it does.

mithrandir
10-03-2001, 06:59 AM
Go Kettering! lol.

adrianxw
10-03-2001, 07:27 AM
I've heard of soccer rules of course and American rules football, and indeed, Australian rules football, but what exactly are the...

>>> Kettering University Football Rules

?

;)

Govtcheez
10-03-2001, 07:32 AM
Kettering's the school that several members of this board attend (at last count, 3)... However, AFAIK, there's no football team.... 'cept intramural flag football...

[stealth] apparently wishes he went there, too :)

mithrandir
10-03-2001, 07:34 AM
For sure :D. Here's where I go * (http://www.mcauley.acu.edu.au)

ober
10-03-2001, 09:32 AM
[stealth] only wishes he could even get into Kettering... where the football teams are beyond his own athletic ability.. :)

Soccer_Mom
10-03-2001, 10:08 AM
Yes, as I can see this board has taken a nasty turn into Flint, MI to the Kettering University football team.

As the team's waterboy, and personal trainer, I can say that the team thanks you for your total support.

GO BULLDOGS

May I ask [sealth] where the Kettering University Football Rules!!! comment came from. I'm new to the board, is this some inside joke I haven't been informed of.

btw...(I go to KU, so I know that there's no football team...just wondering.)

ober
10-03-2001, 10:23 AM
umm... [stealth] just thinks it's fun to make fun of us KUers, since he knows we have no football team. I guess it's a bit of an inside joke... but no secret by any means.

-KEN-
10-03-2001, 02:44 PM
So have any of you KU'ers ever met eachother?

Govtcheez
10-03-2001, 03:28 PM
As of this coming Saturday, we all will, yes... Soccer_Mom and I know each other already (although he'll try to deny it.... :D)

-KEN-
10-03-2001, 03:31 PM
damnit, I wanna meet some of you! but something tells me the flight isn't worth it (that and govtcheez's face could be WORSE in person...) :p

ober
10-04-2001, 08:08 AM
haha... -Ken-, you crack me up..

We shall see if you are true on Saturday tho. :)

I'll be sure to post back and give you guys an update on the matter.

OH, and I'm gonna make a small page for myself here soon... I finally got some webspace through my ISP... freakin retards. SO ya'll can see a pic of me to get a visual idea... I personally like to have a visual image of the people I talk to.