PDA

View Full Version : The future's so bright I have to wear shades

Theologian
10-01-2001, 03:11 PM
October 16th is National Boss Day in the U.S.

What a scam.

When's national "Guy we dump crap on" day? I want my card.

Today they told us that our medical insurance would cover less and cost more.

O.k.-- this negativity spat will pass.

Any of you hosers up on this company Ballard that is going to start selling hydrogen power cells for consumer use? Cool.

lightatdawn
10-01-2001, 04:20 PM
Been watching Ballard since its shares sold for 17 cents... before they split... damn i wish i'd had money to throw around back then.

When's national "Guy we dump crap on" day? I want my card.

Every weekend, my friend. Every weekend. *sigh* *realises that its only Monday*

Theologian
10-01-2001, 04:36 PM
If they market this stuff correctly, make the right partnerships and can move the technology along they are going to make a killing and will dominate a market that could be huge.

The article I read said that they have plans for larger units that would power a city block. That's incredible. If it can be made cost effective, the dependancy on oil will evaporate.

I'm just jazzed about a portable generator that doesn't make noise. I can already picture it-- camping in the beautiful mountain air under a toasty electric blanket and only the sounds of nature around me.

Nice.

Govtcheez
10-01-2001, 05:02 PM
That's really cool - where can I read more?

Theologian
10-01-2001, 05:42 PM
www.ballard.com is the company that makes these cool things.

Slashdot ran this last Friday and there are some interesting comments to be read there. Just do a search on articles using the word "ballard" and you will find it.

doubleanti
10-01-2001, 11:11 PM
funny you should mention... the stuff we learn about in econ... i'll find a fundamental flaw in capitalism i can exploit if it kills me... :p