PDA

View Full Version : anyone that knows baseball... explain this

dbaryl
08-02-2002, 02:04 AM
I was just checking out the standing in Al West, and saw this on CNN... any explanation for the 0.5 in GB column for Seattle? :)

Also, interestingly enough, AL West is the only division right now that has every team in it with a winning streak... even Texas ;)

TechWins
08-02-2002, 02:14 AM
It's just a typo.

I'd, also, like to mention that the Dbacks have the best home record in baseball and are five games ahead in their division. Not to mention that WE ARE THE DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

ok i'm done:D

ober
08-02-2002, 06:12 AM
yeah, but Minnesota has the biggest lead on their division in the whole league. Not that I care... I'm a damn Orioles fan, sadly.

icarus
08-02-2002, 03:03 PM
It's just a typo.

Nope. I think a team is 1/2 games behind when, say, it is equal in wins but has one more loss, etc

dbaryl
08-02-2002, 03:12 PM
I'd have to disagree... you can't possibly be any # of games behind YOURSELF! [not that I know of]... Seattle up there was the division leader, therefore 0 games behind. But yes, what you said is correct in that case.

icarus
08-02-2002, 03:41 PM
I'd have to disagree... you can't possibly be any # of games behind YOURSELF! [not that I know of]... Seattle up there was the division leader, therefore 0 games behind. But yes, what you said is correct in that case.

Ahhh...they're the division leaders again? I didnt check the standings today. I thought they were 1/2 gb Anaheim:)

TechWins
08-02-2002, 03:45 PM
I thought they were 1/2 gb Anaheim

No way, go mariners! *before we got an expansion team, with that being the dbacks, my two favorite teams were the mariners and indians so i still cheer for them in the AL

dbaryl
08-02-2002, 03:48 PM
Ah, an Angels fan? ;)

They have a pretty tough schedule right now, can't envy that... did kick the M's butt though :D

TechWins
08-02-2002, 04:02 PM
They have a pretty tough schedule right now, can't envy that... did kick the M's butt though

Why are you happy about that, considering that you live in WA?

Ah, an Angels fan?

Who are you referring to?:confused:

dbaryl
08-02-2002, 05:36 PM
"Angels Fan?" - referring to icarus thinking A's were division leaders.

>>Why are you happy about that, considering that you live in WA?

"They have a pretty tough schedule right now, can't envy that... "
Giving them credit where credit is due. And yes, it is good for the M's that A's have a tough schedule.

icarus
08-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Used to be cleveland fan, but the ******* didn't keep Manny! *sob* So now I'm a Sox fan, and they got utterly pounded by Texas. Ugly.

TechWins
08-02-2002, 11:04 PM
And yes, it is good for the M's that A's have a tough schedule

Oh, sorry I thought you were happy about Anaheim beating up on the Mariners.:)