PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Xbox crash

Troll_King
07-31-2002, 08:43 PM
I have the game nighcaster. It was made by microsoft and ofcourse it started to crash just as I get further into the levels. I can't even play it anymore, it has too many bugs.

ygfperson
07-31-2002, 08:46 PM
get a refund or replacement. it's hard to believe that a game would have so many bugs without it being the disc's fault.

or maybe your xbox is defective... :(

Hillbillie
07-31-2002, 08:46 PM
I've heard of the xbox going into a BSOD when it crashes. Is that what happened?

Troll_King
07-31-2002, 08:52 PM
It freezes, sometimes it slows down or freezes for a few seconds then continues. The rest of my games work fine. I have more than one game you know.

TechWins
08-01-2002, 12:34 AM
I have feeling it has to deal with the disc. It's not very likely your xbox is defected and I doubt that a game could have that many bugs. Try cleaning off the disc and see if that helps. If all else fails see if you can get a refund.

*semi off topic*
what is your favorite xbox game besides halo? what xbox
game(s) are you most looking forward to?

my answers to those questions:

1) well, i have a lot of fun playing fusion frenzy multiplayer with my friends. if that's not the game i guess it would have to be world series baseball (i only own halo, wsb, and thps3). i'm going to be madden 2003 the day it comes out, though

2) either project ego or star wars: kotr

netboy
08-01-2002, 08:22 AM
Does everything MICROSOFT produce will crash?

Troll_King
08-01-2002, 08:24 AM
When you think about it, i've never owned any software made by Microsoft that hasn't crashed.

ober
08-01-2002, 08:49 AM
I was about to disagree with that, but I'm having a hard time coming up with one that hasn't! :mad:

moi
08-01-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by netboy
Does everything MICROSOFT produce will crash?

all signs point to yes.

nvoigt
08-01-2002, 10:57 AM
>i've never owned any software made by Microsoft that hasn't crashed

hm... have you ever owned any software from Microsoft ? :p

Barjor
08-01-2002, 11:07 AM
hey come on guys this is not fair..Notepad have never crashed for me. Neither have the calculator. Although in win95 relase 1 it didn't add right.

Cshot
08-01-2002, 11:09 AM
I think it's most likely the game in general that's causing you to crash. That's the one major reason why I haven't bought Morrowind yet. I've heard horror stories where the game would crash and your saved game file would be corrupted ending countless hours of progress.

My favorite game right now is PGR. I don't have halo yet. Maybe I'll wait until the 2nd one comes out or if someone would like to sell me theirs for cheap.

I'm looking forward to WWE Raw2 and Tiger Woods Golf. Oh yeah, I'm also lookin forward to DOA volleyball.

civix
08-01-2002, 12:52 PM
You actually have one of those things?!! All my friends have them, and all of theirs crashed the very next day! I'll laugh when I see MS's next faulty product... (just watch them go into CPU production!)

Fountain
08-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Well, My XP has never crashed, my office XP has never crashed...My ME used to crash mind you.

Flight sim 2000 never crashed.Except when I ran into a mountain

Ummm my m/s internet keyboard software has never EVER crashed:)

My M/S 4x4 has never crashed..and if it did it wasnt my fault!

Joking about the last one

And if XBOX crashes so much, why have none of the UK versions had problems...or none that i have read up on?

Anyhow, should have bought a cube:cool::p

TechWins
08-01-2002, 04:25 PM
The XBox doesn't crash often at all. Some people, *cough* civix *cough*, like to make up lies. I believe it's around 1 in ever 250,000 XBoxes are defected, which is supposed to be a pretty good ratio for game consoles. So if the XBox is crashing on you it is most likely a defected disk, a dirty disk, or a game error.

I've had my XBox for around 4 months now, and I've yet to have crash on me.

Cshot, you should get Halo; that game is so awesome, especially for MP. Even if you aren't a big FPS fan, you will still probably like Halo.

Cshot
08-01-2002, 04:32 PM
Actually I'm a big FPS fan except on the consoles. I like the Quake series and am very adept at using the keyboard/mouse combo. That's why it feels really strange when using a controller to play FPS games.

civix
08-02-2002, 02:10 AM
NO, im serious, TechWins!! Like- right after christmas, we were all in band and the big yapyap topic was "has your XboX crashed yet?" "Yup"; Well, I guess the people from my school were just plain unlucky!

TechWins
08-02-2002, 02:16 AM
Are your other classmates "special"? By that I mean, what size of bus do they ride?

If the answer to that is small, short, or anything that is related to small or short then that should explain everything.;)

GuiltySpark 343
08-02-2002, 07:36 AM
Ah, Reclaimers.... that is SUCH a good idea... hah ha.... hmmm...dee..dum..dee..dum...hhaha haa...

I have pulled index 129837 from the archive and found that I have purchased 4 XBOXes thus far!! 4 controllers each, a dozen games each...

The index further covers the joy and delight of Halo parties. The graphics are far superior to Quake, although that other paradigm is fun, too. An XBOX is atleast 4 times more powerful than any other gaming system out there, just plain better hardware.

...one moment while I process an alarm...

...hmmm... it seems the Flood are trying to infect my databanks...... initiating protocol 128A.9...

Ah, much better Reclaimers, the infection has been eradicated from the library....

Where were we? Hahhaa...I like, that, yes... very clever... hahh dee dum...deee hahahaha.... hmmmm hmmmmm hmmmm...

Reclaimers, you are still there? Oh, yes-- here we are.... cross index 654392 indicates that I have not had a single crash or problem with any system and they get used everyday.

You really shouldn't wait. Become a Spartan Commando, today. If you don't save Earth, it will be destroyed by the Covenant, or the Flood. And besides, who better to spend time with, than the sexy Cortana AI....

[...end of index...]

Troll_King
08-02-2002, 07:42 AM
After the first battle on the station, when you land on the planet and enter the cave complex, how do you get across the part where you use the dune buggy to jump over, if your dune buggy is destroyed?

Fountain
08-02-2002, 03:56 PM
kinda confused now:confused:

civix
08-02-2002, 04:30 PM
All of us have fully functional brains, TechWins (exept we never use them) :D

Guilty Spark 343
08-05-2002, 01:51 PM
Reclaimer:

After the first battle on the station, when you land on the planet and enter the cave complex, how do you get across the part where you use the dune buggy to jump over, if your dune buggy is destroyed?

Having analyzed your pecular form of speech I have ascertained that you somehow have lost your warthog (did it fall in the chasm, in the cave?).

If this is the case, let's see....

... Accessing... ah, here we are: Index 112983 covers this installation. The chasm may be crossed by way of a 'light bridge'. It is precisly 84 meters wide-- too far for the Warthog to jump.

You must activate the light bridge by way of control panel.

[...end of index...]

Troll_King
08-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Just before that stage, how do you jump across the chasm without the warthog. Before you get into that room where you activate the lightbridge.

Troll_King
08-05-2002, 02:53 PM
Better yet, how do you get invincibility?

Fountain
08-05-2002, 04:56 PM
invincibility? hmmm get a job at M/S etc..

I have never played halo--is there no documented way to cheat?

Usually is in other games/

frenchfry164
08-05-2002, 09:29 PM
I got a PS2. The hardware isn't as good as XBox, but hardware isn't everything. Game selection, control, and features are the major reasons to buy something. Just remember the 3DO. Awesome system for it's time, but it was SOO pricey, hardly enough features, and they only released like 12 games for it.