PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 or Quake3?



Ruski
07-24-2002, 04:00 AM
Vote For Your Favourite Game:
Doom3 - http://firingsquad.gamers.com/games/doom3e32002/
Quake3 - http://www.avault.com/reviews/review_temp.asp?game=q3a

The Dog
07-24-2002, 04:05 AM
The question is will Doom3 create as big a ruckus as Quake3 did?

Ruski
07-24-2002, 04:05 AM
Could be :)

minesweeper
07-24-2002, 04:49 AM
Unreal Tournament

The Dog
07-24-2002, 04:53 AM
Unreal Tournament - batty batty batty

Cool game nevertheless, Quake 3 beats it in multiplayer.

Ruski
07-24-2002, 04:55 AM
You Sure? Check out the reviews I gave you :)

The Dog
07-24-2002, 04:57 AM
in my opinion, damn i always forget that part

Ruski
07-24-2002, 05:22 AM
Lol :)

Cheeze-It
07-24-2002, 06:11 AM
No one has even played Doom 3 yet. I don't see
how it can be anyone's favorite game.

Doom 3 is going to have limited multiplayer,
though. The game is going to be slow-moving. The
gameplay will probably be closer to Goldeneye
than any of Id's past games.

Quake 3 is better than Unreal Tournament. I think
Unreal Tournament 2k3 will be better than Q3,
though.

Doom 3 is going to rule. I can't wait until
Quakecon next month... (even though I won't be
attending. Damn stuff, and junk... whatever)...

ober
07-24-2002, 06:39 AM
only played doom once... never played quake... my vote, as stated above, would go for UT, but I voted Q3 because I'm thinking about getting it because I've heard a lot of good things about it.

mithrandir
07-25-2002, 01:00 AM
I loved Quake and Quake 2, but Quake 3 was boring. Doom 3 looks like it is going to rock hard!

Ruski
07-25-2002, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by ethic
No one has even played Doom 3 yet. I don't see
how it can be anyone's favorite game.

Doom 3 is going to have limited multiplayer,
though. The game is going to be slow-moving. The
gameplay will probably be closer to Goldeneye
than any of Id's past games.

Quake 3 is better than Unreal Tournament. I think
Unreal Tournament 2k3 will be better than Q3,
though.

Doom 3 is going to rule. I can't wait until
Quakecon next month... (even though I won't be
attending. Damn stuff, and junk... whatever)...
Check out the websites that I gave you. There are some reviews of both Quake 3 and Doom 3. I think Doom 3 has better graphics :)

Cshot
07-25-2002, 02:47 PM
When Doom 3 is released, that's when I'm gonna upgrade my PC. The last time I upgraded? You guessed it, when Quake 3 was released.

Without John Carmack, I don't think the demand for hardware would be nearly as high as it is now.

*ClownPimp*
07-25-2002, 07:33 PM
>Quake 3 was boring.

What?! I guess you never played it multiplayer on a lan connection with a room full of Q3 fanatics. That game was the best. UT is too slow, too much emphasis on realism

Unregistered
07-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Ruski

Check out the websites that I gave you. There are some reviews of both Quake 3 and Doom 3. I think Doom 3 has better graphics :)

wonder why you check the releases dates? quake 3 is old and look at how good it still looks...

and quake 3 ownz unreal's ass for multiplayer, i have never seen a godly unreal player but if you want to see godly quake players they hang out on rocket arena by the crap load

novacain
07-26-2002, 12:51 AM
DOOM was the game. A first. Before that there was darkness and boredom.

Never liked Quake, it never had the edge.

I started seriously into computers because of DOOM. Serial cable (null modem) networking my 486 DX33 with 8Mb of RAM and a 1Mb graphics card to play coop (equal to a 2GHz +CPU with 2Gb RAM with a GF4 4600Ti these days).

Deathmatch only replaced coop because of the slow speed available to 'net games.

DOOM3 looks great. Will have wait to play. Hope the networking / gameplay is good as the lighting, graphics and sound look great.

Ruski
07-26-2002, 01:35 AM
You're right :)

The Dog
07-26-2002, 02:31 AM
>> DOOM was the game.

nah, it was Wolfenstein on the 286

Ruski
07-26-2002, 02:42 AM
Did you notice that in Doom2 for Windows95, were two secret levels of the game Wolfenstein or whatever? Level 31 and level 32 .. but you could only access them with the level skip cheats, because the last one is 30 :D

Jet_Master
08-02-2002, 04:31 PM
I never liked any of the Doom games... I guess quake is better for me.

moi
08-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Ruski
Did you notice that in Doom2 for Windows95, were two secret levels of the game Wolfenstein or whatever? Level 31 and level 32 .. but you could only access them with the level skip cheats, because the last one is 30 :D

well if you had actually played the game without cheating, you would know that they are secret levels, and you get to 31 through a secret exit in 15, and 32 through a secret exit in 31.

Ruski
08-03-2002, 04:44 AM
Lol.. i didnt know the one of level 15 :) You found it yourself?