PDA

View Full Version : Rodeos...



Pages : [1] 2

Cheeze-It
07-22-2002, 02:36 PM
This week is mormon-pioneer week here in Utah.
(July 24th. I guess it's the day the mormons
landed on plymoth rock or something). There are
a lot of cowboy-type things going on. Rodeos are
so stupid.

I really do not like cowboys. They're just so...
Their pants, they're too tight.

What is so appealing about the cowboy life?

Hillbillie
07-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Yeah, about once a year there's this rodeo crap in my town. The whole city is infiltrated with cowboy people. Not cool at all...

>I guess it's the day the mormons
landed on plymoth rock or something<

ROFL...

dirkduck
07-22-2002, 07:35 PM
I also strongly dislike the cowboy lifestyle/rodeos...etc. But if you think about it, programmers live in a digital world, while cowboys may have never even touched a computer...

salvelinus
07-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Cowboy is an American myth, or icon, totem, etc.
Cowboys represent freedom, frontier, not being tied down, etc.
And there are still cowboys.
I don't want to do it, but rodeos are cool. Those folks got a dream, and are willing to go for it. Great example of American spirit.

mithrandir
07-22-2002, 08:24 PM
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride 'em cowboy!

dirkduck
07-22-2002, 10:36 PM
"I don't want to do it, but rodeos are cool."

Well beside the fact that I find rodeos incrediable boring, my main problem with them is how they treat the animals involved in them.

ober
07-23-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by dirkduck
I also strongly dislike the cowboy lifestyle/rodeos...etc. But if you think about it, programmers live in a digital world, while cowboys may have never even touched a computer...

you people really have no clue, do you?

I personally have friends involved in rodeos that actually ride bulls and do the horseback competitions.

>>Well beside the fact that I find rodeos incrediable boring, my main problem with them is how they treat the animals involved in them.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I can imagine the thing you are talking about is the hog-tie of the young calves... well I'll have you know this act does no harm to the animal... or maybe you're talking about how they strap the balls of the bulls and horses tightly to their body so they jump around. They are raised and trained to do that. No permanent damage is done and the bucking is a learned act.

I live on a farm and I have a ton of respect for all those people. They are great atheletes and they put their lives on the line everytime they go out there. You could consider me a cowboy, and I bet I have more computer experience than a lot of you.

TK
07-23-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by dirkduck
"I don't want to do it, but rodeos are cool."

Well beside the fact that I find rodeos incrediable boring, my main problem with them is how they treat the animals involved in them.

lmfao you from peta oh poor horsy worsy he might get raughed up when he is running around barrels...

last time i checked rodeos treat animals better than dog food factories but of course you have to complain about the rodeo and i would like to remind you that recently during the calgary rodeo one of the largest on earth only 3 horses where put downn 2 as a result of chuckwagon races so grow up and stop acting like a little girl

Hillbillie
07-23-2002, 07:55 AM
>I personally have friends involved in rodeos that actually ride bulls and do the horseback competitions.<

I know people that do that stuff too. I respect them for getting on top of an angry half-ton (or how much ever those things wiegh) animal with horns, but I still don't like hicks. :)

Sentaku senshi
07-23-2002, 08:11 AM
>I know people that do that stuff too. I respect them for getting on top of an angry half-ton (or how much ever those things wiegh) animal with horns, but I still don't like hicks. <

::Starts crying::: Just because I was born in PA and thus automaticly a hick, you don't like me. Well then I don't like you either.

Unregistered
07-23-2002, 10:22 AM
Excuse me. I paid my way through college riding rough-stock and roping in rodeos you wine sipping geek. I have a Masters Degree in Software Engineering and English Literature and I dare say I am an excellent software designer/programmer. I would give it all up tomorrow if the bank would loan me the money to transition to a full-time rancher. I have a small herd of cattle and several horses and still compete in roping events as do my children. My 10 year old ropes and loves it and makes striaght A's. My 15 year old has completed all his basic college math requirements while a sophomore in high school and scored a 1590 on the SAT and has received numerous academic scholarships for college. He ropes, rides saddle bronc and they all raise show animals in F.F.A. They are respectful to adults, compasionate, intelligent, and have are bright future. What was your SAT score or did you go to college? I challenge any of your pansy, drug using, pro sports figures you idolize, who are extremely overpaid and underworked, to stand next to a bull let alone spend 8 seconds on one. They aren't really that much of a man, only compared to you. These animals are a wonder and more fun than most people I know, especially programmers. I take better care of my land and animals than any tree-hugging, lace underwear wearing, uninformed moron can. In case you missed the boat, farmers and rancher make their living with land and animals to feed your sorry butt and provide the leather for your disco pants, so they will naturally take care of the natural resources and livestock. The finest people I have ever met are not the big business types or high tech wonder boys ( look what they are doing to our country ) but the old farmer who works from daylight to dark and harder in 2 hours than your will all week. Spend a week on an actual working farm without your pacifiers ( wine coolers and internet etc... ) and you will be hooked. Try working in a profession that is more necessary to mankind than any other and gets little or no respect or help because you'd rather by politically correct and help the foreigners by buying their crap and letting our crops rot in the fields or shipping them to Somalia to feed the homeless for a quater of the cost. This manifests itself in families losing homes and land they have had for generations and their dreams of doing for their children dying while they watch and wonder why they bother. You know why they bother? I guess not you myopic dweeb. They love it. It is a lifestyle you cannot comprehend. One day when all the American farmers and are gone and no new generation has replaced them and land is all owned by corporations and Delmonte or Green Giant have cornered the market and a can of peas cost $10.00 and meat is only for the wealthy then you'll realize the stupidity to which you preach. If nothing else it is a lifestyle and culture that are far better than the one we are in now. 'Nuff said.

Sorry to the rest of you for the outburst , I get a little peaved at the obtuse.

Michael W.
Texas

ober
07-23-2002, 10:31 AM
:D well said, well said. :)

Govtcheez
07-23-2002, 10:31 AM
Hear, hear!

Wow... Just wow.

Cheeze-It
07-23-2002, 12:00 PM
>No permanent damage is done...

Well that's a relief. I punched my cousin in the
face one time. I didn't feel guilty, though. No
permanent damage resulted.

>They are great atheletes and they put their lives
>on the line everytime they go out there.

They don't deserve any praise for that. They're
risking their lives for fame. That's really dumb.
They care too much what people think. They want
to be the center of attention, and are willing
to risk their lives in order to do it. Yeah,
great men they are.

I have respect for people who risk their lives
for the following reasons:

Saving another life.
Standing up for a belief.

Not entertaining others... Jeez.

>Excuse me. I paid my way through college riding
>rough-stock and roping in rodeos you wine sipping
>geek.

You braindead hick, bull ****ing twit. See, I
can insult people too. Go shoot a bear. Then eat
the bear. Then after you've eaten the bear,
drink a beer. Bears and Beer. Beer and Bears..

>My 10 year old ropes and loves it and makes
>striaght A's

Bleh, you don't even have a son. Don't lie.

>What was your SAT score

1 million.

I'm amazed that even with your extensive
educational background, you don't even know what
a freakin' paragraph is. Do you have any idea how
annoying big blocks of text are?

ober
07-23-2002, 12:24 PM
not that you care... but you just lot a lot of respect from me for that post.

ober
07-23-2002, 12:28 PM
i'm so ........ed off at your response that I barely know the words to respond with. I loathe ignorance, and that post is beyond overflowing with it. :mad:

Hillbillie
07-23-2002, 12:35 PM
ethic, you crack me up!!! (Damn, where's the :FRlol: smiley?)

>They don't deserve any praise for that. They're
risking their lives for fame. That's really dumb.
They care too much what people think. They want
to be the center of attention, and are willing
to risk their lives in order to do it. Yeah,
great men they are.

I have respect for people who risk their lives
for the following reasons:

Saving another life.
Standing up for a belief.

Not entertaining others... Jeez.<

I agree.

>::Starts crying::: Just because I was born in PA and thus automaticly a hick, you don't like me. Well then I don't like you either.<

There, there, gamegod... :p Anyway, PA would be the last place I'd imagine hicks to be...

>I challenge any of your pansy, drug using, pro sports figures you idolize, who are extremely overpaid and underworked, to stand next to a bull let alone spend 8 seconds on one.<

Pansy? No. Drug using? You got me: cannabis, caffiene, and sometimes alcohol, but that's besides the point. Pro sports? Heh, please... Extremely overpaid and underworked? I agree.

>These animals are a wonder and more fun than most people I know, especially programmers.<

Ouch.

Sentaku senshi
07-23-2002, 12:37 PM
>There, there, gamegod... Anyway, PA would be the last place I'd imagine hicks to be...<

Me to but for some reason if your are born in PA your a hick. Don't know why?

Hillbillie
07-23-2002, 12:38 PM
>Me to but for some reason if your are born in PA your a hick. Don't know why?<

When I think of PA, I think of Amish people. :)

ober
07-23-2002, 12:44 PM
>They don't deserve any praise for that. They're
risking their lives for fame. That's really dumb.
They care too much what people think. They want
to be the center of attention, and are willing
to risk their lives in order to do it. Yeah,
great men they are.

I have respect for people who risk their lives
for the following reasons:

Saving another life.
Standing up for a belief.

Not entertaining others... Jeez.<

that is NOT true. None of those guys give two ****s about what other people think. They're doing it because they enjoy it, and because it's fun. Not because of fame. Do you know of any big-time (ie. nationally known) cowboys? Neither do I. Shutup.

Besides, why should you care if they want to do that? I don't even understand why you're getting so fired up about it. You're debating against something you don't understand, nor care to.

Sentaku senshi
07-23-2002, 12:48 PM
>When I think of PA, I think of Amish people. :)

Crap, computers are not allowed by the Amish are they? I'm in big trouble when they find out.

Hillbillie
07-23-2002, 12:48 PM
>that is NOT true. None of those guys give two ****s about what other people think. They're doing it because they enjoy it, and because it's fun.<

Well, then, that still doesn't deserve praise. More power to them and all, but that doesn't make them special. :)

>esides, why should you care if they want to do that?<

Not sure if this was meant for ethic or someone else, but I'll just answer it. :) If they're doing what they want to do then I've got no problem with that at all.

ober, who are you directing this all toward? ethic?

Hillbillie
07-23-2002, 12:50 PM
>Crap, computers are not allowed by the Amish are they? I'm in big trouble when they find out.<

Heh, well I was watching a documentary on the Amish. It seems that allowing a peice of technology into their community isn't dictated by whether it uses electricity, etc., but by how it will affect the community. Blah, I'm not Amish, so I'll shut up. :)

Unregistered
07-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Mmm... a paragraph. Well I write for my target audience...

Yeah, they do it for fame. Not everyone can take steroids and live off the goverment while they train. Some people actually have to work. My philosophy is that no athelete, no matter what sport, is any better than any joe blow, he just got to work out while others toiled to make the world better and got a break. They rank right above a lawyers. Just some sports are better than others. Have you paid to go watch a baseball game lately. I had to mortgage the house to go watch the Rangers. A. Rodriguez get more for a plate appearance than most of us do in a year. and he usually strikes out. How would your bosses/clients feel if your code only worked 3 times out of 10. Would you get paid. Why should they? It is a game.

I have 5 kids as a matter fact. They all are involved in rodeo or livestock raising in some fashion. They are down to earth for it. No unreal expectations of life.

Funny you should mention it, but I have been bear hunting. Quite a thrill. Sitting around a campfire in the mountain air with some good friends. Had one in my sights and let it go because it was just too awesome to shoot. I paid to go on a nature walk. Not all of us are beer drinking rebel-rousers.

You need to retire the skateboard, now that is a sport ( sic ) and get some air out from under the flourescent lights. What better place than Utah.

You should try being outside in a pasture of bermuda grass heavy in dew as the sun is coming up and a slight chill is in the air and the calves are calling their moms. Saddling up the horses to ride your fence, I emphasize your fence. The only other feeling that beats it watching your kids come into the world. I have never even got a tweak of that from computers or any man made adventure, well maybe golf.

Words of wisdom: work to live, don't live to work.

ober
07-23-2002, 12:51 PM
yes, i was aiming that at ethic... sorry for the ambiguity... but he's spouting off like he's ........ed off at a bunch of cowboys for doing what they enjoy.

And I never said they should get any praise for anything. Nor did I say they are "special". I'm just saying they shouldn't be put down for what they do either.

Hillbillie
07-23-2002, 12:57 PM
Well just for the record (forget what I said in earlier posts):

- If a person is doing what they like (within reason of course) then I'm all for it, no matter if it's riding bulls or programming computers.
- I don't dislike "hicks" as a whole. See, there's a lot of people around here that would be dubbed "hicks", and these people I don't like. I actually know a few real cowboys, and they're pretty cool. Participating in rodeos has nothing to do with this.
- I'm hungry and tired right now, and I'm talking out of my ass.
- I don't respect someone for doing something like jumping on a bull. Rather, I respect someone for doing what they like (see first point).

Bah, I'm out. I need something to eat before I faint... :rolleyes:

>Not all of us are beer drinking rebel-rousers.<

Yeah! That's us hillbillies! Yeehaw! *drinks some moonshine* :D J/k...

Unregistered
07-23-2002, 01:07 PM
Just in case you didn't know. Most of the professional cowboys own ranhces and work them, so rodeo comes naturally since they do it everyday. Some rodeo to make extra money so they don't lose the farm due to goverment interference. Some do it for kicks. It is a hard life only a handful make enough to travel in style. Even then the top money winner are barely millionaires. Most carpool together to each show in a ten year old truck and share horses and motels because they can't justify paying 10,000 or more for a horse they only use once a week and rides in a trailer 4 days a week. They don't have a players union or get health care paid for by the team or per diem. Most I know have competed with broken bones, concussions, and stitches that they got on a previous rides the same night because they need the money. I venture to say if teeh linebackers could come after Emmit on the ground once the play is over he might be more motivated to stay up and run. The thing is, they don't ride and stay on, they don't get paid. Unlike getting to sit the bench because of a groin injury or turf toe and still get paid more than the GNP of some countries. I agree that doesn't make them more special than most because they choose to do it, but they rank higher than some.

Back to center, until you've bailed hay, nursed sick calves, fixed 20 year old equipment with baling wire, experienced mother nature holding her hand, and cared for animals that will work hard for you and return affection because they trust you and have more heart than most people don't be so quick to chastise.

Barjor
07-23-2002, 01:10 PM
>>or maybe you're talking about how they strap the balls of the bulls and horses tightly to their body so they jump around. They are raised and trained to do that. No permanent damage is done and the bucking is a learned act. <<

I'm I the only one who sees how freaking stupid this argument is? I agree with ethic. Rodeo is torturing animals for entertainment. I can never respect people that do that.

>>Some rodeo to make extra money so they don't lose the farm due to goverment interference<<

Excuse me but last I checked the farms get billions in support every year.

Cshot
07-23-2002, 01:24 PM
Hehe, I can't get this mental image outta my head. A guy with a cowboy hat and boots w/ spurs on em typing in front of his computer in a programming message board
:D wish i can put a cowboy hat on this smiley

ober
07-23-2002, 01:24 PM
>>Excuse me but last I checked the farms get billions in support every year.

I dare you to ask a local farmer how much of that he saw.

>>Rodeo is torturing animals for entertainment. I can never respect people that do that.

Your opinion. Obviously your definition of torture is different than mine.

Unregistered
07-23-2002, 01:34 PM
Ahh the opiate of the masses, hysteria and innuendo.

First, read your newspaper now and then. The goverment pays more to farmers not to grow crops because thanks to our messed up trade practices they can't make any money and the Congress feels guilty. So the farmer gets paid to watch dirt blow off his land while foreigner farms that use pesticides and child labor rape our economy. They still don't pay enough for him to make payment on taxes and land so he gets a town job. In the end I know droves that have lost their farms and lives because big brother taxed them into submission. You make a living selling cows at .50-.60 a pound and I'll salute you.

Second, talk to any cowboys worth his salt and he'll tell you he is not an athelete his horse is. The pompous ones don't last long. These guys worship those animals. You need to go to a national cutting horse events and watch those horses work. Those are real atheletes! It is awesome. Go watch a roping horse close the gap on a calf without even a spur, can jockeys say that. Some of these horses even return the love by protecting their rider. I had an old gelding that saved me a couple of times. While roping an catching a baby calf to doctor sometime the mommas get a little testy and will try to get you. This old horse would stay between me and momma while I worked and sometimes get bruised up doing it. I raised him from a baby and never once put a spur or a whip to him. My kids rode him and he used to follow them around like a dog until he passed at 18 years old. Best baby-sitter I ever had. He would stand outside the back fence waiting for us to come outside.

There are bad apples in every bunch, but anyone that abuses a horse or cow is not a cowboy, he/she is a loser. I have seen many a man that thought he was got his as_ kicked by a peer for beating a horse.

Unregistered
07-23-2002, 01:38 PM
So You think a strap around the balls are OK treatment?

Unregistered
07-23-2002, 02:05 PM
I do not, but I have no clue what you are talking about. The strap that you refer to goes around their flank the equivalent to your hip-bone. The genitals are intact.

Sentaku senshi
07-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Ahh the opiate of the masses, hysteria and innuendo.

First, read your newspaper now and then. The goverment pays more to farmers not to grow crops because thanks to our messed up trade practices they can't make any money and the Congress feels guilty. So the farmer gets paid to watch dirt blow off his land while foreigner farms that use pesticides and child labor rape our economy. They still don't pay enough for him to make payment on taxes and land so he gets a town job. In the end I know droves that have lost their farms and lives because big brother taxed them into submission. You make a living selling cows at .50-.60 a pound and I'll salute you.


Um, Novican when are you going to start your America is the worst country in the world campagn?

Cheeze-It
07-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ober5861
not that you care... but you just lot a lot of respect from me for that post.

You're right. I don't care... Having Ober-respect
isn't a priority in my life at the moment. Sorry.

Cheeze-It
07-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by ober5861

that is NOT true. None of those guys give two ****s about what other people think. They're doing it because they enjoy it, and because it's fun. Not because of fame. Do you know of any big-time (ie. nationally known) cowboys? Neither do I. Shutup.

Besides, why should you care if they want to do that? I don't even understand why you're getting so fired up about it. You're debating against something you don't understand, nor care to.

Yeah, they do care. Maybe they don't care about
national fame, but they sure as hell care about
impressing their hick-friends, or some stupid
red-headed, 13 year old girl.

Cowboys (all cowboys. Every cowboy ever made)
are either involved in a) Pedofilia. b) bestiality.
Or c) Incest. That comes straight from Encarta's
website, too. Look it up.

If they're only doing it for fun, then what the
hell is the point of a stadium-contained rodeo?
They love the attention. They love showing off.
If they didn't, they would do it by themselves
with their pet bull in their back yard.


Your opinion. Obviously your definition of
torture is different than mine.

Everybody keep that in mind. Ober wrote the dictionary.
I'm not usually a supporter of Peta, but...
http://www.peta.org/mc/facts/fsent1.html


Mr. Texas:
I don't ride a skateboard. I'm not athletic enough
for that. I do enjoy the outdoors. Maybe not the
cactus and tumbleweed infested areas you live in,
but I still love the outdoors.

With the exception of bowling and darts, I really
don't like sports. You're not going to be able
to hurt my feelings by making fun of various
sports figures. Sorry.

Cheeze-It
07-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Keep in mind, my intent with this thread was not
to insult cowboys. Just their pants and rodeos. It
wasn't until Mr. Texas called me (or someone else)
a "wine sipping geek" that the anti-cowboy comments
(from me) started.

I'm not going to apologize for them, either. I know.
I'm sooo bad.

Hillbillie
07-23-2002, 03:14 PM
>Cowboys (all cowboys. Every cowboy ever made)
are either involved in a) Pedofilia. b) bestiality.
Or c) Incest. That comes straight from Encarta's
website, too. Look it up.<

WTF? Are you serious? You've got to be kidding, ethic! :eek:

Unregistered
07-23-2002, 03:18 PM
There is not a cactus within 200 miles of my house. Are you one of the people who think Texas is all open range and oil wells? Where I live it looks like the southeast although I prefer the arid west.

As to the other :

QUOTE:
Cowboys (all cowboys. Every cowboy ever made)
are either involved in a) Pedofilia. b) bestiality.
Or c) Incest. That comes straight from Encarta's
website, too. Look it up.

Ahh the brazeness of anonymity and distance. By the way genius you misspelled pedophilia, minus 10 points, wipe off your coke bottles there Delbert.

I think it is time that I go back to earning a living so I can eventually leave this trade. I've been watching for a couple of months and my first impression of this forum was right...

I will abandon this wonderland of buffoons and continue my search for a professional venue and you guys can go back to whatever it is you do with yourselves and you fantasies.

I get enough stupidity arguing with politically active neophites I don't need it when I am trying to work. I guess they pay you guys to cogitate instead of produce. I hope you program better than you see the world.

If I remember this all got started because someone illuded to something he knew nothing about instead of asking to learn about it first. Typical of the idiot generation.

When you guys run out of food in the next 20-30 years come see me and my peers. Bring your hat in your hand ( oh your head is too pointed to wear one or it is up someone's a__) .

To the other polite and informed, good luck.

Unregistered
07-23-2002, 03:40 PM
QUOTE:
If they're only doing it for fun, then what the
hell is the point of a stadium-contained rodeo?
They love the attention. They love showing off.
If they didn't, they would do it by themselves
with their pet bull in their back yard.


So your pansy butt can come watch in air conditioned comfort the possibilty of people getting hurt just like the reason you watch Nascar for the wrecks. Don't think that isn't true.

They are 1000 more rodeos in small outdoor arenas than there are indoors. We have the big ones so city kids that may never see and damn cow or horse can see some up close and yes to make money. Do you work for free? I had much rather be paid to play than work, but that is me. Geez, you guys hurt my head.

Fountain
07-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Wow.

Lots happening here then!

I agree with looking after animal welfare, but i dont think many americans have the same standards we in England do.

Blah blah hoeses/cows...if you think they would rather be in a dusty arena than in a field grazing.....well.

To the unregistered farm type person..i kinda your lifestyle. I would like to ATTEMPT to raise cattle horses etc.

My mum used to be babysat by a horse...BTW....It used to take her to school, and be waiting at the edge of the field to give her a ride home.....she did live on a farm of course! And school was 6 miles away.


Through history there have been VERY few homages to the horse, although many nations are now saying...oh ****, yes we couldnt have won that war without cavalry/horses etc.

So....rodeo must stink...it does in my eyes....in spain they torture bulls regularly and our nation despises it...is rodeo not an extension of this?


Who ties who's BALLS up? Man oh man.

And finally (yeh) cowboys are modern day entertainers...of course they are...i mean, after finishing rodeo show they aint gonna sod off to dodge city are they?

salvelinus
07-23-2002, 05:58 PM
Well, I enjoyed the rodeos I saw when I lived out west, and cowboying/ranching can be a hard life. You've got to love it to do it.
Although I agree w/a lot of what Unregistered said (although his crack about "hiding behind anonymity" sems misplaced when he's not even registered on the board), the idea that ranchers/farmers are the best stewards of the land since they derive their living from it is dead wrong.
Some are, but as an industry, many if not most are intent on wringing every dollar from the land, regardless of the effect on natural resources.
Many (not all) cattle ranchers, particularly out west, are the worst offenders in this regard, particularly in their use of public land. Won't get into details here, plenty to be found on the web.
The American West is schizophrenic - feels the federal government is meddlesome and unnecessary, but relies on and was made possible by the federal government.
Still, rodeos are fun. Cattle and horses could do worse.

ober
07-23-2002, 07:30 PM
ethic... you're turning into a real prick... I never thought you to be so insensitive.

-KEN-
07-23-2002, 08:06 PM
Oh come off it Ober - just because you live in a slightly more rural area than the reast of us doesn't mean you have to immediately gain some tunnel vision and ride with some annoying hick who grabbed the first thesaurus he saw and started typing on the forum. Maybe he makes a valid point here or there, but he's glorifying RODEOS for goodness' sake. RODEOS. R-O-D-E-O-S. Now I'm not saying anything against you farmfolk - there's something I know nothing about. What I do know is how stupid this all sounds to me.

Good Lord, unregistered - get a clue. Stop playing this childish game of "My sport can beat up your sport!", pull your head out from your arse, and then come back and talk to us.

And does anyone else see the irony in someone with a CS degree poking fun at us with stereotypical insults? I bet I've had more outdoor/hanging with friends time in this YEAR than you have in your whole life....and don't get me started on my love life...heh.

Just because you might live a slightly more strenuous(sp?) life doesn't mean that you're living a better life. I hate people like you who think that to be a real man or something you have to do everything stupidly - "Hah, you do your work in a cushy little office? I work in the RUGGED OUTDOORS ::Duke Nukem music begins to play:: with my ::dun dun:: spurs and my ::dun dun:: cattle!::" - great, I respect you for being a farmer and all, it's tough work, but I'm sure whatever job I land will be just as tough, maybe not so much physically though (unless I play pro basetball...how cool would that be?)

Now, if we're done with this little ........ing contest....

Govtcheez
07-23-2002, 08:10 PM
> you misspelled pedophilia,

You wanna delve into what you've misspelled, Webster?
> possibilty - possibility
> Delbert. (and in the same sentence you rip on ethic's spelling, no less) - Dilbert
> neophites - neophytes
> illuded - alluded
> athelete - you misspelled this several times. There's only two "e"s in athlete.
> ranhces - ranches, obviously - even our resident english abuser GG would have spelled that better.

There's a few others - I won't go on. If you're going to rip on someone else's spelling, have the common courtesy to bring yours under the magnifying glass, as well.

As far as the rest of this debate goes, Mr. Holier-than-thou Unregistered, I suggest you take some of your own advice and not take things without full information. I don't know why you keep bringing up pro sports stars... A large amount of people on this board don't give a crap one way or the other about what pro athletes make, and I don't know what bearing it has on the rest of the debate. So bull-riders don't make millions a year? Cry me a goddam river. There's plenty of sports with players that make peanuts. Look at almost any Olympian.

Don't start in on me with the "thank the stars for farmers" argument, either. I know plenty how much farmers contribute, how hard they work, and how hard some of them have it. The family farm is a dying breed - it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

So, in closing, Herr Unregistered, **** you and the horse you rode in on.

ygfperson
07-23-2002, 08:28 PM
a long flame thread and i'm not involved? for shame!

i'm proud to say i have little opinion on rodeos. i've never seen one, and know little to nothing about them in general.

on the subject of farm subsidies: it does seem that we drain billions into misplaced farm policies. but it also appears that these subsidies are needed. this is yet another area i'm ignorant in, and unlike others in this thread, i know when to shut up.:rolleyes:

TK
07-23-2002, 10:00 PM
its just so funny that the people who argue about animal rights do not live with animals... how many farmers do you know who are peta members? hypocrasy at its best... i think so

Cheeze-It
07-23-2002, 10:32 PM
You know, Mr. Texas, I actually did look up the
spelling for "pedophilia" before I posted it.
Dictionary.com had no listing for the word. They
only had "Pedofile." I'm really sorry. It's not
a word I deal with on a daily basis.



If I remember this all got started because someone illuded to something he knew nothing about instead
of asking to learn about it first. Typical of the
idiot generation.


Well, you don't remember right. This all started
with your "wine sipping geek" insult. There wasn't
one insult to cowboys before that. Not one. Re-read
the thread. Also, you should know that disliking
something isn't the same as hating it or insulting
it. I dislike cabbage; but the cabbage shouldn't
feel insulted.

I don't actually hate the work cowboys do. I'm
not against their farming. You're the one who
brought up that issue. I just hate their rodeos
and dislike their lifestyle. I don't get offended
when someone says they're not interested in the
things I do. That's their problem...

Why does one need to understand a rodeo to know
that they don't like it? I've watched one, I
don't like it. It isn't too complicated.


ts just so funny that the people who argue about animal rights do not live with animals... how
many farmers do you know who are peta members?
hypocrasy at its best... i think so

I don't know any farmers that are peta members.
What's your point. Animal rights people do live
with animals, though. Only they take care of them,
they don't milk them in competition. It isn't
hyprocracy, buddy. Do you even know what that
word means?

Of course farming type people aren't going to
belong to peta. They slaughter the cows for
profit. Duh, why would they join peta? I don't
understand what you're saying.

Cheeze-It
07-23-2002, 10:41 PM
I don't know why you people keep going on about
farming subsidies. This thread is about rodeos,
tight pants, and other things cowboys are interested
in.

It isn't about the work they do. What if I started
a thread that said this:

------------------------------------------------
Subject: Car Hopping.

Car Hopping competitions are so stupid. I really
do not like homeboys, They're just so... Their
pants, they're they're too baggy.
------------------------------------------------

Would you start defending homies and their
employment at the Taco Bell? Would you start
saying that they're all hard working men who are
just trying to support their babies, and babies'
mamas? Would you lose respect for me and call
me ignorant because I don't know why they like
making their cars hop?

I doubt it.

minesweeper
07-24-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez:

Cry me a goddam river.



Great!! I love it. Never heard that one before, must be American.

Cry me a goddam river!! how cool!!