PDA

View Full Version : In need of 3D models...

MrWizard
07-21-2002, 10:49 PM
Anyone know where I can get a 3D Chess Piece Model (i only need the queen)? 3D Studio Max prefered. I know people probably don't like to give these away but I thought maybe a queen was pretty simple and I could use it in this project I am working on for myself. Thanks!

Unregistered
07-22-2002, 01:42 AM
I could be wrong but I heard there was this no fangled thing called a "search engine" I could be wrong though. but on the other side here is a link for you to parse through

http://www.3dlinks.com/objects_free.cfm

MrWizard
07-22-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I could be wrong but I heard there was this no fangled thing called a "search engine" I could be wrong though. but on the other side here is a link for you to parse through

http://www.3dlinks.com/objects_free.cfm

WOW! A search engine! Cool! I searched *BEFORE* posting this and found the link you listed and looked through it pretty thoroughly but no luck. I wanted to know if someone knew where i could find a Chess Piece. I never post anything on this board without looking through a search engine first.

Unregistered
07-22-2002, 02:39 AM
sorry i'm in a sarcastic mood today :) I probably have one at home if I do i'll post again and tell yah

sean
07-22-2002, 10:34 AM
go to Yahoo! Games (http://games.yahoo.com), select Chess, and it opens up an applet. It would be time consuming, but if you get desperate, download the *.class file, decompile it (DJ Decompiler - I don't know the URL but it works pretty good), and you should be able to get the queen from that.

Prelude
07-22-2002, 01:22 PM
If you haven't found one by now I can make one for you. Just the queen should be a trivial task. I have 3DS MAX 3.1.

-Prelude

MrWizard
07-22-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Prelude
If you haven't found one by now I can make one for you. Just the queen should be a trivial task. I have 3DS MAX 3.1.

-Prelude

You've got mail. ;)

Prelude
07-22-2002, 03:55 PM
Would this be suficient? I only have simplistic materials and lighting, and the default MAX renderer has much to be desired, but you get the idea. I didn't know how detailed you wanted it, so it holds at 8670 faces.

-Prelude

MrWizard
07-22-2002, 03:57 PM
Would this be suficient?

-Prelude

Wow! That picture is really good! You made that just now? Impressive stuff, I'll let you know how it turns out. I think this will do fine, if not I'll let you know. :) Err, wait, this is a picture of your model? I'm a little confused here? Where you thinking billboarding?

Prelude
07-22-2002, 04:10 PM
>this is a picture of your model?
Yes, with temporary materials and dramatic lighting just for fun. :p

-Prelude

MrWizard
07-22-2002, 04:14 PM
>this is a picture of your model?
Yes, with temporary materials and dramatic lighting just for fun. :p

-Prelude

Don't know what the DirectX converter will do to the lighting and materials? I just plan on converting it to *.X and loading into my application. Thanks again, I await the ungodly model.

Prelude
07-22-2002, 04:19 PM
PM me with your email address and I'll send the .max file promptly.

-Prelude