PDA

View Full Version : Who here would be interested...

TechWins
07-17-2002, 04:04 PM
Who here would be interested in having a cboard fantasy football league? Right now yahoo is open to creating a fantasy league, but yahoo doesn't offer the "long"* draft feature like sandbox does. Sandbox hasn't opened up registration for the fantasy football leagues yet, but they will be in the coming days. I was wondering who would be interested in joining a league under sandbox when the time comes? This isn't the official place to join up for the league, yet, rather the place to state your interest. If enough people are interested I will setup the league when the time comes.

* = each person has 24 hours to make their pick. instead of having the draft in one session for a span of 1-2 hours, the draft lasts for a couple of weeks. this is beneficial for time. of course you don't have to use your full 24 hours to make your pick, and you can also set up a player queue and put your pick on auto. after your pick has been made it will go to the next person to pick.

so is anybody interested? **this is not the official registration**

Dalren
07-17-2002, 05:50 PM
I would...

Xterria
07-17-2002, 07:19 PM
wtf are you talking about

TechWins
07-17-2002, 09:41 PM
fantasy (as in make believe) football (as in the National Football League) league (as in a group compiled together to form one unity). sorry, xterria, i should spell things out a little bit more clearly to those who can't read very well. just kidding...:)

it's a fantasy football league. you pick players in a draft, and you earn points based on those players performances in game (basically their stats). xterria, if you don't know much about football, then i'd suggest you not join the league for the sake of the league being competitive.:)

dalren, good to see you have interest.

EDIT: put the wrong smiley face

XSquared
07-17-2002, 09:57 PM
I'd be interested

toaster
07-17-2002, 11:04 PM
just great, now I wish I had recorded this year's World Cup on VHS.

TechWins
07-18-2002, 12:15 AM
toaster, this is american football, nfl to be exact. the good stuff.:D

civix
07-18-2002, 02:33 AM
thatd be cool ...

Govtcheez
07-18-2002, 05:41 AM
I'm game.

Clyde
07-18-2002, 07:42 AM
"this is american football, nfl to be exact. the good stuff"

Ugh, atleast the in the game we call football, we actually use our feet.... :P

Govtcheez
07-18-2002, 07:43 AM
Hey - they use their feet in NFL football, too... That's why there's kickers...

At least our tackles are actually tackles.

nvoigt
07-18-2002, 08:32 AM
hm... never played it, but I love to watch NFL games and have a history of BloodBowl League wins *g* So count me in.

Clyde
07-18-2002, 09:45 AM
"At least our tackles are actually tackles"

Hehe, tou-chez (sp?)=)

golfinguy4
07-18-2002, 11:25 AM
count me in

Xterria
07-18-2002, 02:44 PM
i cant wait to see this thread just become another thread and the idea of fantasy football fall apart

TechWins
07-18-2002, 04:20 PM
Xterria, just because you are deprived on many levels doesn't mean you can get away with acting like an ass here. Shut the hell up! Maybe one day you'll gain some maturity and people will actually not find you so annoying. Until that day just shut up. You're not funny and you're not cute and cuddly and you're not witty and you're not clever but you sure are annoying.

And if the league never is created who cares? It's not going to be the end of the world. People are going to be able to go on with their lives. If we do have a league then great, even that much better. Plus the league I'm mainly interested is the one with my friends where $100 is on the line (6 people including me each putting in $20).

Dalren
07-18-2002, 05:07 PM
Um... maybe my math is a little off on account of it being summer but doesnt 6*20=120 not 100. Even if its your 20 its still 120 dollars on the line.

See Xteria, thats being witty,or a smart ass depending on your point of view ;)

Govtcheez
07-18-2002, 06:47 PM
> Xterria, just because you are deprived on many levels doesn't mean you can get away with acting like an ass here. Shut the hell up! Maybe one day you'll gain some maturity and people will actually not find you so annoying. Until that day just shut up. You're not funny and you're not cute and cuddly and you're not witty and you're not clever but you sure are annoying. <

ROFLMFAO!!! That was awesome, Tech...

TechWins
07-18-2002, 11:29 PM
Well, $100 is on the line to gain. Technically only $20 is on the line, because I can not lose more than $20. I can only win $100 at most because $20 of the $120 is mine. So $100 is on the line for me to gain.:D But yeah it doesn't reall matter what way you put it...

Thanks, Govtcheez.

itld
07-19-2002, 08:10 PM
howdy,
yo chezz this cant mean what i think it means, damn now i'm doing it.

ROFLMFAO!!!

fantasy football sounds fun but i'm afraid i would forget to follow it and just end up taking up space.

M.R.