PDA

View Full Version : addiction to water

DavidP
07-17-2002, 11:43 AM
you know....people say humans need water to survive....but you could very easily distort every current notion on water to make it look like humans are just addicted to water...mwaha...

think about it...

maybe we are so addicted to water that we say we need it. and if we try to get off of water, we die because we are so addicted to it, and have been addicted to it for thousands of years now. maybe we are so addicted to it, that the addiction passes down to our children while the babies are in the wombs of their mothers. Just like if the mother is addicted to alcohol or drugs, the baby can be too, maybe it is the same way with water.

Just like people have headaches and get sick when trying to stop their addictions to alcohol, drug usage, and caffeine, maybe its the same way with water, only so much so that we die because we are so addicted to it.

Have you ever thought of water as an addiction? mwahaha...

its interesting to think of it that way..

Cshot
07-17-2002, 12:30 PM
No never thought about it that way.

It reminds me of a debate I had in highschool about keeping drugs illegal. Someone made an analogy and argued that water should be illegal since it can be harmful cuz we can drown in it.

Why don't you try quitting. Keep us updated throughout the week :D

fyodor
07-17-2002, 01:53 PM
Except it's been demonstrated that water is essential to survival, and its functions are known and their importance understood. The same, unfortunately, cannot be said for heroin

Akilla
07-17-2002, 03:51 PM
We're also addicted to oxygen...
shall we stop breathing then? :D

this is stupid... really stupid.. we got
to redefine addiction... and call something
addiction only when we got "addicted" to
something that is harmful.

COOL PROGRAMS @ www.akilla.tk

toaster
07-17-2002, 06:35 PM
just great. now you made me have thirst for water.
[runs off]

Xterria
07-17-2002, 06:53 PM
dammit david quit screwing around and finish your game. how many times do i have to remind you

DavidP
07-17-2002, 09:22 PM
hahahahahahaha! dont worry, i did a lot of work on it today. energy beams are officially near completion. near is the keyword...not totally finished yet...

i did all of the hard work today

just gotta touch a couple things up

i think i might have an alpha demo out pretty soon. i'd say maybe a month. give me a month.

civix
07-18-2002, 02:40 AM
Does that also mean we're addicted to food? This might become the downfall of the human race...then the monkeys would take over the world...

face_master
07-18-2002, 03:18 AM
our organs cannot function without water

Clyde
07-18-2002, 04:25 AM
"our organs cannot function without water"

Neither can our cells.

civix
07-18-2002, 05:11 AM
then that means that our organs and cells are addicted to water....i still say: THE MONKEYS AND PENGUINS WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD, and i will be the only survivor left to say: "Damn yous, you monkeys and penguins!!!"

Unregistered
07-18-2002, 05:17 AM
Someone made an analogy and argued that water should be illegal since it can be harmful cuz we can drown in it.

Yeah, *........ing* should be made illegal too. :)

face_master
07-18-2002, 07:50 AM
Anyone seen Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back? Its so funny!

Oh my god! That monkey can speak! It must be some sort of super monkey...they'll take over the world (etc etc) ... we will no longer spank the monkey -- the monkey will spank us! *runs at the monkey* DIE YOU MONKEY F**K!!! *trips over* ...

Unregistered
07-18-2002, 09:37 AM
The only part of your body that needs water is your blood (since h2o molecules are formed in the blood thus causing the blood to flow freely due to the hydrogen bonding in a molecule of water. Water also keeps the blood from overheating. Organs don't need water.

civix
07-18-2002, 10:50 AM
yeah, i did, faceless, that movie is so HILARIOUS!!!

Clyde
07-18-2002, 12:52 PM
"The only part of your body that needs water is your blood (since h2o molecules are formed in the blood thus causing the blood to flow freely due to the hydrogen bonding in a molecule of water"

Is this a joke? (there are SO many things wrong with that sentence it must be).

"Organs don't need water"

If it is a joke it is very funny, if not then errr...... its another example of the supreme levels of ignorance displayed by people who ought to know better.

Hasta.

Zeeshan
07-18-2002, 02:09 PM
>> Organs don't need water

O, yes they do. Every cell in your body comprises about 70% of water. Cells make up Tissues which in turn makes up different organs which make up you and me :). This implies that 70% of our bodies comprise of water.

You should review your biology books before writing about the human body.

civix
07-18-2002, 06:15 PM
whats with you anatomy nut people?

Clyde
07-18-2002, 06:18 PM
It's a sad day when demonstrating even the smallest amount of scientific knowledge makes you a "nut".

Commander
07-18-2002, 07:01 PM
someppl r proud 2 b a nut!:D

civix
07-18-2002, 09:16 PM
uhh...i don't have any biology books, Zeeshan :D

Jet_Master
07-19-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeah, *........ing* should be made illegal too.
Then crapping should be punishable by death...

[evil trance] [evil laughter]*Mu hu ha ha ha!*[/evil laughter] I like to watch you humans suffering![/evil trance]
I of course am not affected by these new rules. I am not addicted to water or food or oxygen. Therefore, i never need to ........, crap or even exhale! My mom always told me not to fall for foolish human temptations and addictions to pathetic useless things... now i know why. Thank you mom.