PDA

View Full Version : borland

Unregistered
07-16-2002, 11:03 AM
hello all ...

i have downloaded borland 5.5 for win98 i have followed the directions that it had.. now when i created the cfg file it is not saved as a cfg it is saved as cfg.txt and when i try to code and save my work it is saved as blah.c.txt can anyone help me fix this.... thanx

Shiro
07-16-2002, 11:09 AM
Are you talking about Borland C++Builder 5.5, which you downloaded from the Borland community? That version only consists of the command-line tools. So the problem is the editor you are using. What editor are you using?

Unregistered
07-16-2002, 11:16 AM
yes you are correct and i am using notepad.... i am on my laptop and i am tring to add the compiler on here cause i have linux on my desktop... so if you dont mind can you tell how to fix this.. thanx for your reply..

Shiro
07-16-2002, 11:22 AM
Not sure, but you could try this. When saving a file in notepad, you can add the name but also choose "Save as type". For this option choose the "*.*" file-type and then save your file as cfile.c.

Unregistered
07-16-2002, 11:31 AM
ya i have done that but it really didnt work.. right now i am downloading programmers notepad to see if it works... hhmm just in case it dont work then i guess i will have to get something else.... thanx again

hk_mp5kpdw
07-16-2002, 11:35 AM
You may also try enclosing the file name in quotes, i.e. "blah.c", when you save. This usually works for me if I need to save something in a program that usually assumes a certain file extension that I don't want.

Unregistered
07-16-2002, 11:54 AM
nm i fixed it all i did was downloaded a text editor that has programming feutures and its great! thanx

toaster
07-16-2002, 12:02 PM
here's also another great editor.

http://fixedsys.com/context/