PDA

View Full Version : If just 2 people read this,

no-one
07-11-2002, 01:31 AM
If just TWO people read this all the way through, then it will be worth it...

http://forum.deviantart.com/403142

how long have i been ****ing saying this stuff... and still nobody believes it... people i don't make this **** up, MS wants the world, wake up.

oh wait, i said MS it must be more bill bashing cause hes rich... you keep believing that, you couldn't understand this anyway, just go on with your life.

**** even if you don't believe it maybe you'll pay more attention to wats going on! even that would be worth the effort.

cozman
07-11-2002, 01:38 AM
i read through that.. and a few of the linked articles (i had also read it before somewhere else, i think cnet) i honestly think it wont pose a threat.. and if people are dumb enough to buy into it they dont need the internet freedom. (Same as if people are going to get AOL they can't complain that it isn't as good as the other ISPs out there.. it was there choice)

no-one
07-11-2002, 01:43 AM
unfortunatly these same AOL users make this decision for you, you don't have to use it, i don't either, but if just a few hundred buisness buy into it, OEM's ect, then the general public follows, its over, no choice. might i remind you AMD and Intel are already in on it? who know's what other companies are?

::edit:: and please don't forget MS has a lot of freaking push power.

secondly i agree, it won't quite make it as is, but its still a real danger. think about the DMCA, how did that ever get passed?

TK
07-11-2002, 02:33 AM
Welcome to the United States Of Microsoft.

minesweeper
07-11-2002, 03:31 AM
I don't think this will ever take off. There are a shedload of businesses out there that would consider their work to be highly conficential (laywers, accountants, technology R+D etc.) not to mention government agencies. The idea of any company being able to freely access your company hard drives and even prevent your employees from gaining access to important data, I think would be enough to neglect the use of the internet as a secure medium for transaction. And of course I think her majesty's official secrets act would have something to say about the reading of government files!!

TK
07-11-2002, 03:37 AM
Those are big words from England. You guys are usually kissing the USA's butt and agreeing with every word they say.

DiskJunky
07-11-2002, 03:38 AM
... I learned two things from that
1) I'm never birnging xp anythwere within 20 meters of my computer - it might be comtagious
2) I've already emailed that post to several people and intend to see it mensioned to my local td and newspaper. Just to be cautious.

This is too .. weird to just lay back about it

minesweeper
07-11-2002, 03:40 AM
Well Tony Blair is usually kissing the USA's butt. Not that the rest of us have anything against the USA, but we do think that what is going on in our own country is more important.

DiskJunky
07-11-2002, 03:41 AM
As for the privace rights, the same goes for Ireland aswell. We may be small, but a lot of american sofware get maintained and upated here before it's release into europe. Before spet 11th, we were the largest software exporter in the world - we have an interesting amount of infulence in this area :)

TK
07-11-2002, 03:45 AM
The USA wants to control information and remain the richest country forever. This has nothing to do with Microsoft, it is the American government.

minesweeper
07-11-2002, 03:45 AM
Yeah I can vouch for that. Parts of Ireland have a massive IT industry. For example the DELL factory in Limerick supplies the whole of Europe with desktops and laptops. I had to go there on business a couple of years back. Even saw the big man himself, Michael Dell, happened to be visiting on the day I went.

TK
07-11-2002, 03:49 AM
This goes way beyond fighting against Open Source or Linux, this is about controlling information around the world.

DiskJunky
07-11-2002, 03:49 AM
mm.. I think the Intel site being built up in Dublin is their largest in eurpoe (or the world, I can't remember)

DiskJunky
07-11-2002, 03:52 AM
TK, I agree, this is way out of control. Imagine business account that suddenly go out of date and can be read and controled by microsoft? Never mind that the DoD gets companies to make its software... nuke's not working 'cos... hey actually maybe there's a good side to everything? ALthough, not a good idea to give microsoft control over that aspect

TK
07-11-2002, 03:53 AM
If this goes through, I think that I will sell my computers and go to school to become a writer or something. In other words I don't want to partake in CIS if it means that I'm going to burn in hell for 1 million years after I die.

TK
07-11-2002, 03:55 AM
I suppose it will still be possible to use a computer, but definately not the internet.

Hillbillie
07-11-2002, 04:32 AM
Wow, that is some scary stuff.

But, I don't think very much of it will pass. I mean, look what the courts did to Microsoft for making the browser uninstallable. That's real petty when set up next to all of that...

hostensteffa
07-12-2002, 05:00 AM
Ehh i don't think it's a big deal. You hear stuff like this all the time about the industry. It's an ongoing thing. I hear/see crazy stuff like this at least once a month for about the past 5 years at least. So far not one bit of the stuff I have seen has surfaced and is now unheard of. F(*& it for now. If it starts to happen, that's when you gather the forces ( :

face_master
07-12-2002, 05:18 AM
Scary. Could happen, but if every user came together to make an OS for every1 to use, MS would be ****ed all togther. Would you just sit back say say "oh, well. I'm screwed. I'll just sit here and stare at my data being deleted/controlled". I dont think so...

Dual-Catfish
07-12-2002, 05:36 AM
... What if you don't have the internet?

If this thing ever does take off, there will be a worldwide hunt for Gates' hide.

face_master
07-12-2002, 06:14 AM
>> If this thing ever does take off, there will be a worldwide hunt for Gates' hide.

Thats for sure. He'd have like 20 gaurds aroudn him though i guess

sean
07-12-2002, 11:09 AM
Now before you start telling us to Hile Bill Gates every morning, Microsoft is just after money - they're a business what do you expect? Sure they've made some bad moves, but money is what the fight against communism is all about.

TK
07-12-2002, 11:28 AM
It's not the fight against Communism anymore, it's now the fight against common sense. Microsoft is not able to compete however since they are supported by the US government, they are still maintaining a monopoly, although not naturally. Some bad things are going to happen as a result of logic and physics.