PDA

View Full Version : ASP troubles

-KEN-
09-27-2001, 06:25 PM
No place I go will host my ASP files...I can't run them off my own computer, or a subdomain on my friend's website (a real website, and I can't do it!), or freeservers, or geocities! Ugh! Anyone know of a provider that runs ASP files? maybe vr9.com? I think I have an account there...they allow CGI, why not ASP? any other ideas are appreciated.

tried VR9, that doesn't work! help!

gamegod3001
09-27-2001, 06:41 PM
Try www.freewebspace.net, and you might have some luck. I dout it though. Anyways what do are those asp files for. I've only seen them used for message boards, and the only free ones use php.

-KEN-
09-27-2001, 06:57 PM
It's sorta like a CGI without all the mess. I can just have the requests sent back to my .asp doc and have it respond accordingly using jscript or VBscript

Hillbillie
09-27-2001, 09:48 PM
The best place to host ASP files is probably www.brinkster.com. They have good space w/out ads and junk. But, their system acts up when you want to do file I/O, so if you're wanting to do that, I suggest www.cfm-resources.com. They're big on ColdFusion, but they have good ASP support as well.

-KEN-
09-28-2001, 06:49 AM
Thanks dude, that cfm-resources was perfect!

Unregistered
09-28-2001, 08:41 AM
How about Hypermart and Virtualave? - I think they both allow ASP...

-KEN-
09-30-2001, 02:00 PM
problem with cfm-resources: they use so many images for everthing it takes almost 5 minutes to change pages!!! is there any way to turn that off?

and with virtualave (which IS hypermart :p) they require credit card info even for free accounts. damn them.

Hillbillie
09-30-2001, 04:23 PM
Well, for the images thing, you could just turn off images in the browsers settings before you go to their site.