PDA

View Full Version : my eys are very tired~

black
06-28-2002, 04:35 AM
In the day, I had to work for many hours in front of computer, because it's my job.
In the night, I read books and practise the code in my computer, because it's my hobby.

my eyes needs rest. how you guys handle this when your eyes ask for some relaxation ? :rolleyes:

vasanth
06-28-2002, 04:43 AM
I watch TV

black
06-28-2002, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by vasanth
I watch TV

Hey, man~ after working all day without rest even one moment u still choose to watch TV ??? :eek:

vasanth
06-28-2002, 05:12 AM
Well sorry i meant i hear the TV and close my eyes...

black
06-28-2002, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by vasanth
Well sorry i meant i hear the TV and close my eyes...

just listening ? Mmm... May be a good choice. I'll try to relax myself with my walkman working and my eyes closed. :)

ober
06-28-2002, 06:05 AM
ahh... get out... relax and enjoy some sunshine... maybe read a magazine or two... play some basketball... usually being active helps me rest my eyes.

black
06-28-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by ober5861
ahh... get out... relax and enjoy some sunshine... maybe read a magazine or two... play some basketball... usually being active helps me rest my eyes.

Sports are really wonderful. woh ! I have to repair my computer this weekend, nonononono~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:(

Zeeshan
06-28-2002, 08:05 AM
Whenever your EYES get tired....

Get some cold ice...close your eyes....put the cold eyes over your ice....for 4-5 minutes....thaz it dude!! go back to your Computer

QuestionC
06-28-2002, 10:23 AM
my eyes needs rest. how you guys handle this when your eyes ask for some relaxation ?I get new glasses :). Trust me, it's better not to give in to your eyes. Give them an inch and they'll want a mile.

Seriously, I usually just go to sleep or take a shower. Also, most of my time spent coding is in a composition book, and not a computer screen, which I suspect helps.

MethodMan
06-28-2002, 11:15 AM
Well if you dont have on of those glare/radiation guards, you should invest in one, it really helps the eyes when you are in front of the computer a lot. Also when working on the computer, you tend not to blink as much, so you should rest your eyes for a minute, ever half hour or so, or try to blink more often.

Sports always help too.

Tman
06-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Zeeshan

Get some cold ice...close your eyes....put the cold eyes over your ice....for 4-5 minutes....thaz it dude!! go back to your Computer

You mean put the cold ice over you eyes? :p :D

dbaryl
06-28-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by black

Sports are really wonderful. woh ! I have to repair my computer this weekend, nonononono~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:( Yes, that is my favorite choice of relaxing from the computer a bit... actually, any kind of outdoor activity is great, you get to stretch out from sitting all that time, breathe some fresh air :)

shaik786
06-29-2002, 12:26 AM
sleep(43200);

Nutshell
06-29-2002, 06:35 AM
I wish i have a LCD mon...

Driveway
06-29-2002, 07:02 AM
I have LCD

shaik786
06-29-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Zeeshan

Didn't you mean ice over eyes??? ;)

Zeeshan
06-30-2002, 12:44 AM
>> Didn't you mean ice over eyes???

that would be fine too...

but it's better to get a screw-driver, take out your eyes, put them on the ice...

NinetyFourGirl
06-30-2002, 04:12 PM
It's probably a good idea just to get some rest and have a nap or something. But if you can't afford a very long sleep, it's better not to sleep at all because you end up feeling more tired than when you started. In that case, a cup of coffee always does the trick.

Sebastiani
06-30-2002, 04:46 PM
I think QuestionC hit the nail on the head there. You will find that you code better if you start coding on paper first. When I began programming I felt compelled to sit in front of the computer to work. Eye strain and fatigue set in. So I started keeping a little journal and found that not only was I more relaxed, but more productive. I still use a notebook and never once miss the old way...

Anyway, fatigue is a healthy sign that you are learning! After all, practice makes perfect. Just look at me! :p

Fountain
06-30-2002, 05:13 PM
am I missing something here? Of course the paper becomes involved..you cant just whack it into a computer...anyhow thats another story......

See two posts above-that is the answer-think of it as a power nap!

Airline pilots going from UK to eg.Australia, on the way to far east they will take at least 30 mins power nap.....it is proven that a minimum of 30 mins will increase your mental ability etc etc. If pilots do it, why not coders? Oh and from the same post-coffee is NO WHERE near as effective as the short sleep!

Fountain
06-30-2002, 05:15 PM
oh man--you are all aware right that from UK to Aussie land involves a stop at singapore or hong kong or wherever? Above post may not have made sense otherwise!

black
06-30-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by dbaryl
Yes, that is my favorite choice of relaxing from the computer a bit... actually, any kind of outdoor activity is great, you get to stretch out from sitting all that time, breathe some fresh air :)

man, have u ever seen a vampire get to stretch out and breathe some fresh air in the daylight ? :D

black
06-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Sebastiani
I think QuestionC hit the nail on the head there. You will find that you code better if you start coding on paper first. When I began programming I felt compelled to sit in front of the computer to work. Eye strain and fatigue set in. So I started keeping a little journal and found that not only was I more relaxed, but more productive. I still use a notebook and never once miss the old way...

Anyway, fatigue is a healthy sign that you are learning! After all, practice makes perfect. Just look at me! :p

woh thanx~ ;)

novacain
06-30-2002, 09:37 PM
>>Oh and from the same post-coffee is NO WHERE near as effective as the short sleep!

I am trying to convince my boss of that but he prefeers me to stay awake while at work.

He just gets extra caffineated coffee.