PDA

View Full Version : linux troubles

The15th
06-19-2002, 04:22 AM
Hello ppl's

I recently upgraded from redhat 7.1 to 7.3. I have a D-Link
DFM-560E external modem that doesnt want to work thro WindowsX. Linux seems to detect it on startup as the lights flash when new hardware is detected, and i can connect to my ISP using vwdial. However it just doesnt seem to work with WindowsX. Does anyone have any ideas for what i can do to get this working?

Thanks for your time.

danno

Betazep
06-19-2002, 05:03 AM
Did you go into the modem configuration and set it up? It should be available on com 1 or 2...

The15th
06-19-2002, 05:10 AM
hey,

yeah WindowsX is unable to find any modems on my box. Its annoying the hell out of me. whenever i try and add a new modem, it searches for connected modems and finds nothing. Its annoying because redhat 7.0 worked fine with my modem. Thanks for your help, any other suggestions?

danno

Troll_King
06-19-2002, 05:29 AM
Sorry lad, I used DHCP to automatically configure my ethernet card and LAN connection. The option was available during the install.

ygfperson
06-19-2002, 07:44 AM
What's windowsx? do you mean X windows? if so, there should be no conflict. just run vwdial and continue on like normal.

if the web pages aren't coming up, try messing with the configuration. look up a web page on linux dial-up. (from another computer, obviously)