PDA

View Full Version : Vs.net

Barjor
06-14-2002, 10:52 AM
I just installed VS.NET and I love the IDE, it is different from VS6 and I have yet to find everything. One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to add method, functions and variables. In old VS6 all I had to do was to right click in the class I wanted to add to and it was an option for it but I can't find anything similar in VS.NET. I could just write the code manualy but I am sure there is another way. I also miss the class wizard but that probably is about breaking an old habbit.

golfinguy4
06-14-2002, 11:44 AM
His Sig: Dare to refuse .NET

His Opinion:

Originally posted by Barjor
I just installed VS.NET and I love the IDE, it is different from VS6 and I have yet to find everything. One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to add method, functions and variables. In old VS6 all I had to do was to right click in the class I wanted to add to and it was an option for it but I can't find anything similar in VS.NET. I could just write the code manualy but I am sure there is another way. I also miss the class wizard but that probably is about breaking an old habbit.

Anyone else see the irony?:D :D

Sorensen
06-14-2002, 12:09 PM
To add a class, highlight your project in the class view pane, right click and click on add. To add a member function/variable highlight the relevant class in the class view pane, right click and click on add.

Barjor
06-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Thanks Sorensen

golfinguy4>> VS.NET doesn't have to be used to write .NET applications.It can be used as a powerfull free standing application IDE. I want to use VS.NET to write unmanaged C++ code.
I am looking forward to use it for the nice IDE and it is much more C++ standard compliant then VS6 ever been. There is no contradictions with this. Maybee you should read up on what .NET really is.

golfinguy4
06-14-2002, 01:48 PM
Barjor, relax man, I was kidding around. I did not mean to offend you in any way and am sorry if I did. It was simply a joke.

Barjor
06-14-2002, 01:51 PM
I should have known....No worries