PDA

View Full Version : Cookies

TrollKing
06-13-2002, 01:01 PM
I've disabled the feature. This website plants several advertising cookies (unrelated to programming) every time you reply to or even read a thread.

Aran
06-13-2002, 01:38 PM
i've noticed that. I notice how ZoneAlarm keeps telling me it is blocking advertising cookies on this site.

i guess CProg is a sell-out.

Unregistered
06-13-2002, 01:44 PM
Konqueror tells me all.

adrianxw
06-14-2002, 12:33 AM
>>> ZoneAlarm keeps telling me it is blocking advertising cookies on this site.

ZoneAlarm can do that? Hmmmm...

BYe for today, I've got some ZA tinkering to do!

dbaryl
06-14-2002, 12:35 AM
Chocolate chip is the best, although the runner-up (oatmeal raisin) is not far behind :)

Mmmm, cookies...

Unregistered
06-14-2002, 03:22 AM
The bad cookies are from either:

focusin.ads.targetnet.com
or
Servedby.advertising.com

And there is also a cprogramming.com legitimate cookie.

All the cookies expire within 8 to 24 hrs, but basically every time you go to a new page your are picking all these up over and over again unless you block them.

Mario
06-14-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by TrollKing
I've disabled the feature. This website plants several advertising cookies (unrelated to programming) every time you reply to or even read a thread.

An unfortunate necessity, I believe. :(
Given the costs to maintain a site like this (the forums alone count for 99% of the traffic, i bet), I'm glad it's just a popup once and a while.

More often than not, I click the Snag-It popup... it helps the click count for CProg and I know that one is clean. Considering all I get here is for free and apart from Stroustrup's book, this is the place where I'm learning to program on a >3,000 USD monthly wage programming language, I say it's the least I can do.

MethodMan
06-14-2002, 10:59 AM
I dont know how you navigate the net, while not allowing cookies. Every second a message will pop up regarding a cookie message. Try to check your hotmail email account, you have to enable cookies to check it. They are everywhere.

Oreos rule!