PDA

View Full Version : why canada ownz

Pages : [1] 2

canada ownz
06-12-2002, 09:26 PM
The light bulb was developed by Henry Woodword, a Canadian in 1874, then he sold the patent to Thomas Edison.
If the American looks consipracy/militia minded (and most of them are), try this one: Canadians are the ones who led the way in high-altitude, super sophisticated MACH2 interceptors, such as the AVRO ARROW which the USA wanted so badly that they did everything possible to stop us from producing them. They failed.
Most modern navy in the world. I'm not kidding.
You tried to invade us once. Once.
CANADA won the War of 1812, not the USA. Why? I believe that if a country can get into a nation's capital by killing the country's army off and burn down the White House, then they have basically won the war.
If I'm not mistaken, Canada has burnt down the White House . . . not once, but twice! Only country to do so.
Nuclear meltdowns. We haven't had one. Nuclear crisis? None of those either.
You test your missiles on us, and we don't complain!
Quick, name a country that has dropped atomic bombs on real, live people! (hint: it rhymes with Bunited Strates of Bamerica.
We are the leaders in telephone technology.
Canadian diplomats smuggled a bunch of American hostages out of the Middle East. I don't know why we bothered, but we did. Your welcome!
Canadian spies have completed some astounding missions, from stealing Japanese codes from embassies during WWII, to the capture of a Nazi enigma machine.
In the early 1900's, when alcohol was still illegal in the USA, Canadians risked their lives to smuggle beer and other alcoholic substances down to America.
"Eh" sounds a lot better than "huh", eh?
We know how, and when to use the word, "eh".
At least we have a legitimate claim to be interested in the Royal Family!
Canadian flag? We don't have to change it every time we add a province.
We have never flown another country's national flag upside down before. (1992 World Series ring a bell?)
Our cities don't shut down because of a bit of wimpy frost.
Canada has more clean water than any other nation.
At least our inner cities are still habitable.
We have the world's longest bridge.
We have the world's longest street.
We have the world's tallest totem pole.
Canada is ranked the NUMBER ONE nation in the world by the UN eight years in a row.
Superman, blindly stolen by the USA for their own propoganda purposes.
No one here likes 90210. there will never be a show named M5W 1L6.
Japanese tourists just love Anne of Green Gables.
Much Music kicks MTV's ***.
X-Files was filmed in Vancouver.
Mike Myers is not only Austin Powers, but he is Dr. Evil and Fat Bastard as well.
Celine Dion performed at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic opening ceremonies. Where was American, Gloria Estefan? Oh, right, I remember now. She was sitting in a corner, pouting because her country decided to pick a Canadian singer to sing in THEIR Olympic Games instead of her.
We kicked your ass in the 100m and in the 150m. Ohh baby, it hurts to be this good, eh?
When was the last time the USA won an international curling match?
We've got better hockey players than you do.
Two words for you: Wayne Gretzky.
The 98-99 All-Star Game as well as the 99-00 North American team had an all-Canadian starting line-up, voted in by the fans, I might add. So, um, whatever happened to the so-called "American takeover" of Canada's game?
We invented basketball.
We invented hockey.
We invented lacrosse.
We invented 5-pin bowling.
We were the first to play modern football.
Socialized health care, so there!
I've never had to go through a metal detector at school.
Canada introduced peace-keeping to the world.
We discovered the effects of insulin on diabetes.
Let's put it this way: 3 Coors = 1 Canadian beer.
We may have an accent, but at least I've never spelled "thru", "nite", "glo" or "EZ" quite like you do.
Largest unguarded border in the world? Hey buddy, we're sharing it with you.
The river in my city? I can swim in it.
We invented the telephone - maybe you've heard of it.
I'm not afraid to walk down the street at night.

DavidP
06-12-2002, 09:36 PM
>CANADA won the War of 1812, not the USA.

um.....BRITAIN...not Canada...those were British forces we were facing.....not Canadian.....

>If I'm not mistaken, Canada has burnt down the White House . . . not once, but twice! Only country to do so.

Once again, BRITAIN. BRITAIN did it twice, not Canada. And I am 10000% sure about that one. It was the British who invaded the coast and drove us out of DC, not the Canadians....

>At least our inner cities are still habitable.

and ours arent? come down to houston, check it out...

>We invented 5-pin bowling.

yeah and guess what, we invented 10 pin bowling....big whoop.

>I've never had to go through a metal detector at school.

neither have i

>I'm not afraid to walk down the street at night.

neither am i

Unregistered
06-12-2002, 09:40 PM
people from BRITAIN who are living in CANADA wonder what you call those people hmmm lets see...

DavidP
06-12-2002, 09:43 PM
they were BRITISH forces FROM BRITAIN. Remember the British forces that were in America at the time of the American Revolution? Yeah...same deal...they were pure British...

sean
06-12-2002, 09:45 PM
You know they shuld put a ban anti-other country stuff. This is just getting out of hand.

lightatdawn
06-12-2002, 09:49 PM
>>You know they shuld put a ban anti-other country stuff. This is just getting out of hand.

Agreed. I came in this thread fearing the worst and preparing the 'remove thread' finger buts this is fairly harmless. Its not so much an anti-other thread as a pro-me thread.

Just a warning though folks that I'll be keeping an eye on all threads that start getting out of hand. Please, please, pleeeeease, play nice. Opinions, fine. Heated discussion, alright. Slurry of insults, gone.

canada ownz
06-12-2002, 09:52 PM
whoaaa dont get so worked up on humourous points...

its a joke... and a entertaining read...

seriously the only person i dislike in the us is bush, i dont hate the people who live there...

SilentStrike
06-12-2002, 10:30 PM
Yeah, Canada must own, eh?

ihsir
06-12-2002, 11:09 PM
..and I thought that Canadians were French
:D

Commander
06-13-2002, 07:44 AM
HOW DARE U INSULT ME LIKE THAT :mad:

Commander
06-13-2002, 07:44 AM
:D jk

mike_k
06-13-2002, 10:04 AM
"um.....BRITAIN...not Canada...those were British forces we were facing.....not Canadian..... "

Yes... Canada=Britain+France+Natives, all of whom kicked your *** after you invaded them for no reason even though they were hopelessly outnumbered. And by the way, the Empires didn't give hardly any help to the Canadians becausee their resources were too taxed from all the fighting they had been doing with you and each other.

mike_k
06-13-2002, 10:22 AM
CANADA INVENTED JAVA

AMERICA INVENTED MICROSOFT

DavidP
06-13-2002, 10:47 AM
>>
CANADA INVENTED JAVA
AMERICA INVENTED MICROSOFT
<<

So you think JAVA is good? Last time I checked it was horrible...

-KEN-
06-13-2002, 10:59 AM
>>Yes... Canada=Britain+France+Natives, all of whom kicked your *** after you invaded them for no reason even though they were hopelessly outnumbered. And by the way, the Empires didn't give hardly any help to the Canadians becausee their resources were too taxed from all the fighting they had been doing with you and each other.<<

The natives? First of all, they outnumbered us. Second of all, we must have kicked some injun @ss because I don't see many around...and we still live here.....not to mention we didn't invade them...or France....or Britain....we did storm the BRITISH stronghold in Canada, and get our asses kicked, but I think we were outnumbered....and they were BRITISH....not Canadian....

Did you fail history?

Dalren
06-13-2002, 10:59 AM
>>The light bulb was developed by Henry Woodword, a Canadian in 1874, then he sold the patent to Thomas Edison.<< Yes but Edison made them run longer on less electricity

>>Most modern navy in the world. I'm not kidding. << I guess I'll take your word on that but I'm not so sure.

Quick name a country that had to be given the technology behind atomic bombs from the United States (hint it rhymes with Bcanada)

>>Canadian diplomats smuggled a bunch of American hostages out of the Middle East. I don't know why we bothered, but we did. << Umm.., nope the CIA did that, they pretended to be canadians, with a little help from the Canadian government.

>>At least we have a legitimate claim to be interested in the Royal Family!<< Yeah I know there are some screwed up people in this country.

>>At least our inner cities are still habitable<< despite what most people believe so are ours.

>>Canada is ranked the NUMBER ONE nation in the world by the UN eight years in a row. << Yeah and the United Nations also gave Afghanistan a seat on the Human Rights council while the Tailban was in power.

>>Much Music kicks MTV's ***. << Yes its a well know fact that all commercial music outlets like MTV suck ***, who cares if one sucks a little less than another, they all still suck.

>>Celine Dion performed at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic opening ceremonies. << ok I apologize to all the people who had to listen to her, the people in Atlanta have really bad taste, there are hundreds of better canadian bands (Our Lady Peace, BNL,etc)

>>When was the last time the USA won an international curling match? << who cares?!?!?!?!, its bloody curling. When was the last time Canada won an international Basketball match ;)

>>We invented basketball.<< and yet we still beat you, hmm... how about that

>>Socialized health care, so there! << I know this will ........ everyone off, but that isnt a good thing.

>>Canada introduced peace-keeping to the world<< Again, something we could do without ;)

-KEN-
06-13-2002, 11:01 AM
This is just one of the funniest out of the list...and trust me, they're all funny :)

>>In the early 1900's, when alcohol was still illegal in the USA, Canadians risked their lives to smuggle beer and other alcoholic substances down to America.<<

Oooohhh, greedy Cannucks = good.

mike_k
06-13-2002, 11:19 AM
"Did you fail history?"

Did you? Canada IS the french and english colonies joining together.

"but that isnt a good thing. "

Right, the rich people should get operations and medications first, and the poor people shouldn't get any.

ygfperson
06-13-2002, 11:22 AM
basketball was invented in springfield, massachusetts, america. i am pretty sure of that. do you have any proof that it was canada?

Yes... Canada=Britain+France+Natives, all of whom kicked your *** after you invaded themamerica was primarily british (and african and indian, but that's another thread...). by saying this you are saying canada is not a sovereign country. (or at least it wasn't back then.)

for no reason even though they were hopelessly outnumbered.we did try to invade canada once. we lost.
And by the way, the Empires didn't give hardly any help to the Canadians becausee their resources were too taxed from all the fighting they had been doing with you and each other.
i'm just going to avoid this minefield. yes, canada was under british control at the time. yes, we invaded canada, unsucessfully. yes, canada has done many great things. but look at the present.

ygfperson
06-13-2002, 11:27 AM
i'm sorry for posting twice in a row, but i can't help it for this one:

We may have an accent, but at least I've never spelled "thru", "nite", "glo" or "EZ" quite like you do.
this coming from a person named "canada ownz"

mike_k
06-13-2002, 11:38 AM
">>Canada introduced peace-keeping to the world<< Again, something we could do without "

Really, so when the armies came through rawanda cutting off the arms of all the women and children we should have done nothing and let the slaughter continue?

"by saying this you are saying canada is not a sovereign country. (or at least it wasn't back then"

We gained sovereignty a little bit at a time. At that time I believe canada did have elected government representation in the house of commons, but the senate was still controlled by britain. Instead of going to war with england, we just asked nicely and they gave us independance.

"Quick name a country that had to be given the technology behind atomic bombs from the United States (hint it rhymes with Bcanada"

Oh horrors!! Canada didn't devolop the technology to destroy the world as fast as you!!

Anyway, our nuclear reactors are safer, and more efficient than yours.

mike_k
06-13-2002, 11:40 AM
"yes, canada has done many great things. but look at the present."

Okay, how about the six snipers from jtf-2 almost single handedly rescuing an entire company of the 101st airborne that was trapped by al-qaida and taliban guns and mortar?

[EMOBA]
06-13-2002, 11:43 AM
>>Instead of going to war with england, we just asked nicely and they gave us independance.<<

Is that why the royals are all over your money?

mike_k
06-13-2002, 11:48 AM
"Is that why the royals are all over your money?"

Actually we just got new money this year with no royals on it. ;) But anyway, we have our own independant money from them, and we choose what to put on it, and we chose to put some of them on it, because that's our heritage.

[EMOBA]
06-13-2002, 11:53 AM
good to know. . .i haven't seen any of the new money yet...

anyway...i've only been to BC once, and I was blown away. Some of the best fishing i've ever experienced, and the scenery wasn't bad either...

one thing america could learn from Canada is how to take care of a river...

-KEN-
06-13-2002, 11:59 AM
>>one thing america could learn from Canada is how to take care of a river...

True, but that would infringe upon our right to pollute everything.

Anyhow, why are we bickering? Canada and the US are practically the same country.

mike_k
06-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Anyhow, why are we bickering? Canada and the US are practically the same country.

STATEMENTS LIKE THIS IS WHY WE GET SO MAD :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[EMOBA]
06-13-2002, 12:10 PM
>>STATEMENTS LIKE THIS IS WHY WE GET SO MAD<<

i think that what he's trying to do...

mike_k
06-13-2002, 12:13 PM
sometimes i can't tell whether its provocation or just normal arrogance and ignorance

"the CIA did that, they pretended to be canadians"

speaking of CIA and canadians, that reminds me of another thing america did to canada, kidnapped our citizens and experimented on them and tortured them with LSD and mind-control experiments for years... when it was exposed they didn't even want to pay compensation because they didn't want to look guilty.

Troll_King
06-13-2002, 12:16 PM
Once again it comes down to the fact that the world is overpopulated. Even Canada is becomming overpopulated in my opinion. Canada is nice because we have nearly all of the technology from the USA and other Western Eurpoean countries. I live in a huge city (Calgary) and it's new, and the air is still clean. It probably won't stay like that for too long however and unfortunately there are no earthquakes or volcano erruptions to whipe people out around here. Canada probably is one of the best places in the world to live, however for how long?

mike_k
06-13-2002, 12:19 PM
"Canada is becomming overpopulated "

No worries, our birth rate is only about 1.2 We can control our population through immigration.

Troll_King
06-13-2002, 12:34 PM
Some ........ is erasing stuff. Who is the motherless test tube baby?

-KEN-
06-13-2002, 12:56 PM
Hehe...it's fun to poke the canadians into action. Have you ever seen that picture of a floating tub with a machinegun mounted to it, a guy in a life vest crouching in it, and a large banner on the side that says "CANDIAN NAVY"? :)

abooooot. eh?

http://satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml

Dalren
06-13-2002, 02:29 PM
Said by mike_k
Right, the rich people should get operations and medications first, and the poor people shouldn't get any.

Yeah, thats exactly what I ment. Of course people should have access to medicine, but that doesnt mean the government should take money from me and give it to other people to pay for their medical treatment. That is communism, it is absolutly wrong, and immoral, but then we already had that thread.

And the atomic bomb thing was a joke, in the same way that the entire thread had been a joke.

mike_k
06-13-2002, 02:41 PM
"but that doesnt mean the government should take money from me and give it to other people to pay for their medical treatment."

You are familiar with the concept of paying taxes for public services, aren't you? Your own government does it for many things, including education, military, roads etc. What's wrong with using tax dollars for health too?

If its immoral to provide health care, why wouldn't any other government service be immoral?

Unregistered
06-13-2002, 03:06 PM
>>Yeah, thats exactly what I ment. Of course people should have access to medicine, but that doesnt mean the government should take money from me and give it to other people to pay for their medical treatment. That is communism<<

I don't see why it is ok to use my tax money to fight wars all over the world but wrong to use my tax money to save my neighbours life.

Dalren
06-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Well actually, I believe that the job of the federal government is to provide only those that which cannot be easily provided through private means. That means that the job of the government is to provide an army to protect the rights of its people from outside forces. Provide a police force to protect the rights of its people from internal forces. And to set up a means to handle legal disputes.

To use your examples of education, and healthcare. Education can be provided, and arugably would be better provided, by private companies. Its the same thing with health care, its better provided by private companies.

Second their is a difference between socialized medicine and the other government services you mentioned. The other services are things for use by everyone. Socialized medicine takes my money to pay for other peoples medical treatments. Why should I be forced to pay for the treatments of over people???

Edit:: and unregistered if you want to use your money to pay for someone elses healthcare, go ahead, but its not the governments job to take my money and give it other people

Hillbillie
06-13-2002, 05:27 PM
>We invented the telephone - maybe you've heard of it. <

Heh, that's kind of funny because I believe Bell was born in Scotland, moved to Canada, then moved to the US (Boston I think) where he then invented the telephone.

Sure, he lived in Canada for a while, but it was invented here in the States.

Betazep
06-13-2002, 08:10 PM
"The White House was not spared when the British set fire to Washington, D.C. during the War of 1812."

"Burned by the British in 1814, the President's House was reconstructed and the charred sandstone walls repainted the white for which it is named by 1817, when James Monroe moved in with his family."

" After war broke out between the United States and Great Britain in 1812, President James Madison and his wife were forced to flee the residence when a British expedition to Chesapeake Bay won an easy victory at Bladensburg and took Washington in August 1814, setting fire to several public buildings including the Capitol and the President's House."

"George Cockburn rose to become Admiral of the Fleet, Sir George Cockburn. As Rear-Admiral he commanded the detachment of Royal Marines that put Washington to fire during the war of 1812"

"Although Cockburn was a naval officer through and through, and a trusted protege of Nelson, he fought several engagements on land in the American war of 1811-1814, which Van der Merwe describes as "a messy and somewhat inglorious affair". It began as a dispute over US privateers challenging the right of the British navy to inspect and seize their cargoes, and ended in 1814 in a spectacular act of reprisal, the torching of Washington DC. "

Yeah... the Canadians burned the White House. You are right.... I guess the French and British were Canadians becuase they lived in the region. Was Canada even a country then or perhaps an organized group of British military forces, especially after the overtaking of the 'French' (I wouldn't even go as far as calling them Canadians) by a 'semi-established' provincial US colony(under George Washington) and the British in Quebec in 1759? Which led to a treaty in 1763 that gave Britain all lands east of the Mississippi including those in Canada. So essentially, the British and the US beat the Crap out of what was supposed to be French Canada along with the indians, and then the British and the Americans both declared a victory in 1814 during a battle against eachother... but we are still here, so hmmmmm...

You might want to rethink your history. You weren't Canada then.... you were a British province called Canada. The war of 1812 was with Britain... not with you...

And the Navy comment is funny. How many aircraft carriers do you have to support your 12 frigates, that two of our Aegis Class destroyers could crush from beyond the horizon with ASROCs and Tomahawks? (what you don't have those?... awwww) Zero ACC.... Oh but you have destroyers... four sub destroyers. Wow. Stand back. Or maybe you are talking about your six replenishment vessels.... don't ram our carriers with those. eeek. (Have you ever even been in the military... do you even realize the reality of Navy fleets around the world?)

Just like there are some Americans that make fools of America every day... there are a few for Canada. At least you have people like L@D that can balance truth with reality. We have very few like him. We do have a lot of political idiots.

And on the bombing of Canadian forces. That was a complete travesty, one that I am extremely displeased with as well.... displeased with how it was handled and with the situation itself. You have every right to be upset. But I have done military service, and I will tell you what... take the actions of a few as merely that. The US didn't kill Canadians, a stupid flight officer with improper data from a stupid intelligence officer did. There is no excuse, but you know better than to think that any one of us over here would want to kill anybody from our best and closest ally/friend.

I personally love Canada and Canadian people are really nice as a whole.... I guess some bad apples just like to pick fights for no reason other than to gain some sort of sick personal victory.

Get over yourself....

ygfperson
06-13-2002, 08:38 PM
socialized health care isn't bad just because it seems communist. it seems logical to allow all people treatment for free. part of it is a difference in culture; we don't like the idea of socialized health care. some of it is realistic. canadian doctors are paid less, so they move to the us to get paid higher wages. and most of it is logical. our experience in socialized health care is with HMOs. an HMO is a beaurocratic, slow, albeit cheap organization dedicated to treating people. but it frequently trades quality and speedy care for price. some people don't want to trust their lives to an organization that is more concerned with lowering prices than providing the best health care possible.

canada ownz
06-13-2002, 09:00 PM
does anyone here have a sense of humor?

the most modern navy part was a joke... its called satire now common dont let my jest get you all angry :(

Hillbillie
06-13-2002, 09:26 PM
>does anyone here have a sense of humor?<

I do. Every time someone like you comes by, my side splits with laughter. Whether you are joking or not isn't relevant for this point.

Anyway, I do know that it was just for laughs. I can take a joke like that. I thought it was pretty funny...

Betazep
06-13-2002, 10:13 PM
>>>does anyone here have a sense of humor?

the most modern navy part was a joke... its called satire now common dont let my jest get you all angry <<<<

As I am sure many people here will tell you, I usually have a great sense of humor and joke around considerably....

The posts as of late have been retarded. In general, it is beginning to ........ me off. You got some of that... so... sorry.

I don't really like a world with boundaries, but it is all we have right now. The European Union is one of the best things going in my book.... we should be a one nation world and be happy with one-another. Instead we have these crappy ........ing matches over parcels of land, moments of power, and fleeting economical gains.

It is disgusting, and I think that the majority of you 'computer' era programmers would see past the lines of malcontent and see that we are bound by a string that should bring us together as friends.

So those of you that are acting like putzes.... stop. (I admit, I have been one a couple of times myself.) No more Canada, Europe, India, Columbia, Afiganistan, US, whatever bashing.... and let's talk about something that we all like.... computers, technology, stuff that will better us.

Govtcheez
06-13-2002, 11:13 PM
So those of you that are acting like putzes.... stop. (I admit, I have been one a couple of times myself.) No more Canada, Europe, India, Columbia, Afiganistan, US, whatever bashing.... and let's talk about something that we all like.... computers, technology, stuff that will better us.Thanks, blue, couldn't have said it better. I'd just like to reiterate what Betazep said here, guys - I think I'm gonna close any new anti-whatever country rants that get started...

GovtPotatoes
06-13-2002, 11:54 PM
The Mindbender in that one mall pulls 5 G's

mike_k
06-14-2002, 10:03 AM
We now have four subs. :)

Commander
06-14-2002, 03:01 PM
is that including or not including the busted one UK sold us? or was it Britian? i can't remember

Klinerr1
06-14-2002, 03:20 PM
canada really just owns a lot of ice and snow, and stupid them sold us antartica witch is like oil city.

you never did burn donw the whitehouse. u burnt it tho, after it was burnt, it was painted white. thats how it got its name the white house. caus people wold also say "see that white house over there"

america is big and stufff and has i main language, even tho a lot of mexicans are coming in, in canada theres liek 3 different languages

the one and only good thing abou canada is that girls can walk around without shirts, and people sell cheap sex on the street. I wish we coudl do that here.

where did you get the idea that were afraid to walk our streets? duh there is things like never go up to someone wiht a gun besides a cop

here as far as i know you only go thro security detectors only at airports, and i htink subways etc u do that also. the things at stores dont count.

who care show modern ur gay navy is, our navy is still better

we invaded their forces cause they were in land that we bought

we bombed that country because they had lethal weapon data that was threatning to us, we said we would bomb them unless we were giving this info

we have won all our wars

you should also really not dis the worlds #1 nation. so you shoudl stop ****ing iwth america and go eat some yellow snow or buy some street sex

wust so bad about bush?

Govtcheez
06-14-2002, 04:52 PM
On behalf of the USA, I'd like to apologize for klinerr.

ygfperson
06-14-2002, 05:02 PM
the one and only good thing abou canada is that girls can walk around without shirts, and people sell cheap sex on the street. I wish we coudl do that here.
we do do that here... it's just illegal. that's not the kind of thing i want to do legally, anyway. it's much more fun if its illegal.