PDA

View Full Version : The Linux Counter

JasonLikesJava
05-31-2002, 11:44 AM
For all of you Linux fans out there (like me :D ) check this site out http://counter.li.org/ and get counted as a linux user!

I'm user number 126776 :p

incognito
05-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Sorry for asking, but what is the point of this counter?

Barjor
05-31-2002, 01:43 PM
Just a variation on the theme "My car is better then your car I am so proud to own a Ford/Chevy/whatever"

Unregistered
05-31-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by elchulo2002
Sorry for asking, but what is the point of this counter?

to know how many linux users there are across the world... to examine market trends...

-KEN-
06-01-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Barjor
Just a variation on the theme "My car is better then your car I am so proud to own a Ford/Chevy/whatever"

I disagree, I think it's more of a "See?? Linux is important and liked!! Look at this pretty counter!!!!! It doesn't lie!!!" type thing.

Unregistered
06-01-2002, 03:51 PM

well you really cant put it that way put it this way im so proud i own a diablo(*nix) my car is better than your 1960 rust bucket pinto(win*)

-KEN-
06-01-2002, 05:25 PM
>>1960 rust bucket pinto(win*)

Have you even tried XP/NT/2k? I thought not...Lord do I hate stupid people. Worse is stupid Linux zealots.

JasonLikesJava
06-03-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by -KEN-

Have you even tried XP/NT/2k? I thought not...Lord do I hate stupid people. Worse is stupid Linux zealots.

I have tried XP and I own 2k... would never install it again though.

JasonLikesJava
06-04-2002, 11:27 AM

What does that have to do with "The Linux Counter"? If you don't like it don't post.

incognito
06-04-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by JasonLikesJava

What does that have to do with "The Linux Counter"? If you don't like it don't post.

Ok it seems to me that you don't agree with Barjor's reponse, so if this is not it, would you mind explaining what it IS?

Sorensen
06-04-2002, 01:54 PM
>What does that have to do with "The Linux Counter"? If you don't like it don't post.<

Exactly, "The Linux Counter" just does what it says. It counts Linii. If the population levels get too low in some part of the world the National Society for the Prevention of Linux Apathy can send in some highly fertile, fully grown Linuii to boost the local levels. It's all in the name of preserving wildlife.