PDA

View Full Version : reconect with out restarting?

Sentaku senshi
05-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Ok here is my problem

After my [word choice here] ISP disconects me, I attempt to redial. It all apears to reconect but the computer acts like it is not connected. If I cheak the bytes recived it stays the same, though I think my computer seems to be able to send info as the red bar on zone alarm is always lit up.

Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

Commander
05-26-2002, 07:58 PM
best way to fix it :: format your computer!!!!!:D it's the best, and the easiest way out!!!:D think of all the other problems you'll solving!

Vicious
05-26-2002, 08:00 PM
GOD I WISH I COULD DO THAT!!!

My stinkin Motherboard as no Factory Image so no restore for me :mad:

Sentaku senshi
05-26-2002, 08:02 PM
>best way to fix it :: format your computer!!!!! it's the best, and the easiest way out!!! think of all the other problems you'll solving!<

NO it won't I had this problem when I used 98 and still have this problem with XP.

Commander
05-26-2002, 08:10 PM
then something must be wrong with your hardware...i think

-KEN-
05-26-2002, 09:03 PM
Probably not hardware, it happens to me too.

I can reconnect maybe once or twice, but any more than that usually results in the afformentioned problem. Oh well, I just try to not d/c my computer anymore, and that seems to work...God do I love flat rate plans :D

novacain
05-27-2002, 12:12 AM
>>My stinkin Motherboard as no Factory Image so no restore for me

Why do you need a factory image to reinstall your OS? I have never had a PC with a factory image (except those 'spawn of the devil' compacs CMOS disks).

toaster
05-27-2002, 12:26 PM
the apps from MS are too buggy! lol.
guess they need to fix that rnaapp.exe up.

go stick with broadband connections.
for some reason they work better.

>> then something must be wrong with your hardware...i think

if that should be the case, think of this: bad drivers.
hey, happens to many OSes.
XP even has a huge archive of this stuff. lol.
otherwise if the modem was really that bad, don't think it would even work properly in the first place.

Vicious
05-27-2002, 12:31 PM
Windows came preinstalled on it :(

I have no Windows Disk :(

toaster
05-27-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by novacain
>>My stinkin Motherboard as no Factory Image so no restore for me

Why do you need a factory image to reinstall your OS? I have never had a PC with a factory image (except those 'spawn of the devil' compacs CMOS disks).

hey, at least it's better than some other companies like BioStar where it is even more difficult to access the BIOS when processing over 1Ghz. by the way, for those who own a BioStar chipboard, any way configuring the BIOS? I can't. it shows a logo of the company during startup and it shadows the BIOS or something giving me no access to the BIOS. :(

toaster
05-27-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Vicious
Windows came preinstalled on it :(

I have no Windows Disk :(

uh, can you find a directory C:\Win__, where "__" is the name of the Windows? if they don't provide the CD, they must at least copied to the hard drive somewhere.

Vicious
05-27-2002, 06:30 PM

SO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS LIKE BURN C:\WINME on to a CD????

How woll it know how to do an install???

All i see is C:\Windows....

novacain
05-27-2002, 08:12 PM
Did you PAY for a copy of Windows(something) ?
If so demand your copy on CD. An image is not a full copy. There may be features not installed.

If not then they have supplied you with a basicly a pirate copy, how are you going to upgrade it? (particularly if you have XP as MS is now checking in the patches to try and overcome the common net hacked versions)

How will the CD know how to do an install? You tell it.

Sentaku senshi
05-27-2002, 08:30 PM
What company sold you your computer Vicious?

If your computer came preinstaled with windows you should have recived a copy of it and any other programs that are preinstaled like office.