PDA

View Full Version : Visual Basic compiler or whatever used to make vb progs...

Xmevs
05-21-2002, 01:24 AM
Is microsoft the only ones making those?? Is the any GPL compilers or whatever is used to make vb progs? I can't buy the Microsoft thingy, cause I got no money... :(

Kupo
05-21-2002, 02:01 AM
there is one obscenely naughty way around that money problem, which i won't mention.

it's how i got my copy though ^.^

Xmevs
05-21-2002, 04:06 AM
yeah, I do that too :D
but I can't find vb anywhere... just lots of crap...

salvelinus
05-21-2002, 06:55 AM
If you're in school (college, don't know about high school), you can get the MS products cheaper under an academic license. Many textbooks come with a learning edition of whichever MS product the book is about (VB, VC++, etc) that don't let you make a build release but generally work for learning purposes. There you'd get a textbook and the CD. If a school near you has a MS IT Academy license, students can get free copies of the regular software, again under academic license (you can't sell your programs).
Maybe MS lets you download the learning edition free; check their website. There are several free C++ ide's/compiler around.

jdinger
05-21-2002, 06:56 AM
I've never seen or heard of a VB compiler that didn't come from MS. Since MS owns VB I couldn't imagine them letting anyone else in on their little party.

Kupo
05-21-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Xmevs
yeah, I do that too :D
but I can't find vb anywhere... just lots of crap...

i got Enterprise edition, which is bloody expensive.
and i wasn't even looking for it, my mate offered it me :D

but don't pirate software, it's very wrong and you'll go to hell.

Xmevs
05-21-2002, 07:32 AM
One word to microsoft: abandonware.

Gimme VB 4 or 3
for free!

:D

Kupo
05-21-2002, 07:34 AM
*waves Visual Studio 6 Enterprise Edition around and then BURNS IT because piracy is WRONG!*

Commander
05-21-2002, 08:38 PM
noone's gonna pay $1000+ for a software which is flying in the internet for free, search *****, you'll find lots of em.:D

search engine name blocked for some personal protection.....but u know what it is anyways!!!

Commander
05-21-2002, 08:41 PM
by the way, I don't have Vb cause I never program in VB....but i'm sure if you ask ppl in this board, many has copied softwares...cause many os us r studens and we studen't can't usually afford $1000 cds!@!

Xmevs
05-22-2002, 03:01 AM
Who agrees with me that programs should be really cheap for non-commercial use?