PDA

View Full Version : The Second Best Thread EVER!!!

napkin111
05-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Ok, I was having a lot of fun in "the best thread ever," and then It was closed...

Since Star Wars Episode II was released last night, I was wondering how it is. Also has anyone seen "The New Kid?" It looks pretty good too.

napKIN

Oh, and if you have any kewl commands like how to turn off a computer or something, feel free to post them!

jdinger
05-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Oh, and if you have any kewl commands like how to turn off a computer or something, feel free to post them!

**me to my son**
"Hey, Bryan. Turn that computer off and go to bed."

As far as getting my computer to shut down, that works everytime.

:)

napkin111
05-16-2002, 12:32 PM
hehe, I use that one on my brother all the time, but it never works. Maybe its cause I'm using XP and he has 95?

napKIN

jdinger
05-16-2002, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I don't think that command is backwards compatible....

:D

Why I love Microsoft, revision 3.1.9.8.2.2.a.68f2.d.001

I got a call from our sales rep. at Dell the other day. Apparently starting this summer Microsoft is going to be stopping all of their upgrade discounts. From then on if you want a new MS product you have to buy the full-fledged version of it, irreguardless of your previously purchased versions of that product.

It doesn't affect us at all, mainly because our IT dept. has always been weary of upgrades from MS. We tend to wait until the first few patches are out then buy a full version with a corporate license ( we just went to Win2K Pro about 6 months ago, used NT4 SP6 almost exclusively before that ).

But I'm thinking for Joe Everyday this would really suck. Most people I know ( home users ) only move to newer versions of apps when they either buy a new system and it comes bundled with the system, or when they can get the upgrade at a good discount.

kermi3
05-16-2002, 03:31 PM
Ok here's an idea, if you have something like Star wars, or movies or shutdown commands, or even Microsoft revision whatever, make a new thread for it! Don't just ramble on one thread. When you do it becomes illegiable to most and pointless. Plus it is hard to search or get any real information from.

mike_k
05-16-2002, 03:48 PM
this is only the third best thread ever