PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the hackers thread?

Commander
05-06-2002, 07:46 AM
whatever the hell happened to the hackers thread? did it get deleted? why? there was nothing bad in it! atleast i didn't c anything wrong with the thread....:(

nvoigt
05-06-2002, 08:27 AM
It's gone. Hacking/Cracking in the ways discussed is illegal.

lostminds
05-06-2002, 09:16 AM
If you want to learn how to Hack go out and buy a pack (Camel)

Dual-Catfish
05-06-2002, 01:08 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with that thread... maybe there were some posts after I went to bed, but it enlightened a few people as to what hackers really were.

Unregistered
05-06-2002, 01:53 PM
If you go into much more detail this thread may be removed as well...

(j.k)

Dual-Catfish
05-06-2002, 02:06 PM
I caught myself when I was typing that post :) I almost did write too much.

jinx
05-06-2002, 04:21 PM
Was it your server space? I highly doubt it was. It was your input, you volunteered it to the board willing in a peaceful manner, and someone though that it was inapropriate for this board. It was deleted. Cry about it:( . Put it on another hacking board and you'll still get flamed there too! So DON'T EVEN TRY THAT LEGALITY CR*P. :( :( :( :( :( :(

dayknight
05-06-2002, 04:28 PM
according to the internet laws
u may not delete a message/posts from the board
if it doesnt contain anything that might harm some1 in some way.
and i know it didnt :mad:

jinx
05-06-2002, 04:31 PM
Oh, I forgot. Remind me. Is this international, universal or just State wide law? I didn't know that the internet itself had laws? Just people you hacked had data loss and breaking and entering. The internet police aren't going to zap your ip are they? OOOOH NOOOOOO!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

-KEN-
05-06-2002, 04:41 PM
Jinx, how dare you mock the internet laws! You know as well as I do that they're highly revered laws put forth for the safety of messagboard citizens everywhere! Blasphemy, sir. downright blasphemy.

Why, when I became a mod of flashdaddee's messageboards, I remember studying the internet book o' law all day...

Plus, I think just for saying that you could be sued for internet slander! :eek:

ygfperson
05-06-2002, 05:06 PM
it's part of the internet constitution, partition D, section 3, subsection a, part B, paragraph 3, sentence 19 of version 2.4.19-pre4, in the internet legally self-binding paperback edition of the constitution, ratified by freedonia and greenland:

"No moderator can abridge the right to free speech of persons who have expressed a urgent desire to have what they have made known said in the current times; however if said person has pre-expressed his or her opinion and/or makes known in any way, shape, or form where the name which is not legally binding is concerned, then said law (as pre-stated) can be made voidable if the following conditions are met:
said speech is not recognized in a language known to the moderator-in-question, and/or is in any way, shape, or form detailed in ways to make the different english alphabet and arabic and/or arabic-descending number systems (or in fact any two characters in the ASCII character set) indistinguishable hitherto, where the intentional indistinction is made, if so, or
pre-defined speech is or can be used for the purpose of sublimation of governmental (of the ratifiying countries) agencies which cover the jurisdiction of the pre-defined law which until hitherto hasn't been enforced

ygfperson
05-06-2002, 05:10 PM
hear that? the hackers have a p-sot now!

maes
05-06-2002, 05:21 PM
>>according to the internet laws u may not delete a message/posts from the board
ROFLMAO :D :D :D best joke I've heard in years :D :D :D

I'm going to write this one down. :D

jinx
05-06-2002, 07:32 PM
I guess that my old server was crashed by a microsoft nuke, huh? Darn, I thought that it was because it got tipped over and smashed. Darn my luck.:D :D BTW, where did you find this "Internet Constitution" anyhow? Library of Bill Gates? Congress?

ygfperson
05-06-2002, 07:37 PM
what??? you've never heard of freedonia, and it's great libraries?
//edit: nobody remembers the freedonia thread? for shame!

Commander
05-06-2002, 08:26 PM
I think that the mod took down the thread to delete some of the posts,, how do i know, well 2/3 of the POSTS were mine and there was nothing wrong with them.....well, i didn't c anything wrong with them,,,

dirkduck
05-06-2002, 08:56 PM
"THAT WAS NOT DISCUSSED ILLEGAL. U KNOW THE ACTION U TOOK BY DELETING MY POST INTENTIALLY, I COULD SUE U AND CPROGRAMMING.COM "

LOL! Go talk to your laywer about suing cprogramming and all of its moderators.

dbaryl
05-07-2002, 01:20 AM
I assume you are old enough to read :)

When you registered...

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the Agree button at the end of the page. Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form.

Although the administrators and moderators of C Board will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of C Board or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of C Board have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

After reading which you pressed a nice little AGREE button :)

[very, very serious voice]
I agree though, the webmaster and mods should be sued and prosecuted, in fact, give them the chair without a trial! No mercy for delering our posts without our permission, how inhumane is that?
[/serious voice]

tidda
05-07-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Commander
I think that the mod took down the thread to delete some of the posts,, how do i know, well 2/3 of the POSTS were mine and there was nothing wrong with them.....well, i didn't c anything wrong with them,,,

now u know that the mods are working dayin n out :)

Commnader
05-07-2002, 07:19 AM
now u know that the mods are working dayin n out I sure do:D. I really wonder what kind of jobs the mods have, I don't really think they get paid to mod this board all day :)

Commander
05-07-2002, 07:24 AM
just wanted to let u know that i did post that. For some reason, the pw didn't work :looks Suspiciously:

kermi3
05-07-2002, 08:36 AM
ygfperson...I can't believe you took the time to write that...it is hilarious! lol....

nvoigt
05-07-2002, 08:49 AM
THAT WAS NOT DISCUSSED ILLEGAL. U KNOW THE ACTION U TOOK BY DELETING MY POST INTENTIALLY, I COULD SUE U AND CPROGRAMMING.COM

The things you discussed were about learning how to get access to computers you are not having access to or cracking the copy protection of software. Both is illegal. Feel free to sue me if you like. Be prepared that this will result in authorities looking for illegal software in your home as well as in mine. They won't find anything here, I pay for things I use or don't use them if I think it's not worth it.

To clarify my post in the other thread: This is a dictatorship. We decide what happens on this board and which posts are appropriate. We do this in a manner that we think is appropriate. If you don't like it, you can always contact the other moderators or the webmaster.

In real life, some of us are software engineers and at least one is a college student. We don't get money for moderating, we do it for free because we think this is a great site.

jdinger
05-07-2002, 09:03 AM
Get 'em, nvoigt!! mods uber alles! :D I'm so tired of these script kiddie revolt posts.

"I couldn't figure out the "Hello World!" program so I'm just going to become a 1337 h4x0r, and if you don't like it I'll sue you! ( because I have absolutely no clue and am in no way a real threat when it comes to hacking )".

Dual-Catfish
05-07-2002, 01:06 PM
This is a dictatorship.
Heil nvoigt!

I do apologize for posting that information about cracking software... it never occourred to me that someone would want to use it to actually get there way out of paying for something :) (how stupid that may sound) The reason why I start doing it,(learning it, etc.) was for the challenge... much like programming, but yet so different.

Afterwards dayknight revealed his true colors, and the information was obviously inappropriate.

lightatdawn
05-07-2002, 01:15 PM
>>U KNOW THE ACTION U TOOK BY DELETING MY POST INTENTIALLY, I COULD SUE U AND CPROGRAMMING.COM

Oh... heh.... heheh... Oh, please... heh. Stop it! You're killin' me here.

>>This is a dictatorship.

We really need to put that somewhere everyone can see it. Every few weeks someone comes up thinking they have full rights to do whatever they want regardless. (www.cprogrammingdictatorship.com would clear that up. :) )

ErionD
05-07-2002, 01:32 PM
>(www.cprogrammingdictatorship.com would clear that up. :) )

Hehe nice one :D

>TOOK BY DELETING MY POST INTENTIALLY

Hey maybe you mods should start deleting posts unintentionally

And dayknight i and probably everyone else is getting really tired of your posts.
If you really want to be this l337 just go to a hacker forum instead of saying "Oh but hacking is not illegal. Lurking around in others harddrives and so on isnt gonna harm anyone. WHAT YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IM SAYING SO YOU DELETE MY POSTS??????? DAMN IM GONNA SUE YOU!"

In case you didnt know this is THEIR forum and its about programming NOT hacking/cracking. Therefore they can delete all they want.

And last of all i just wanted to ask this:

"If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?"

Aran
05-07-2002, 03:55 PM
"if a pig loses it's voice, is it disgruntled?"

I think this is the topic that deserves attention here. If this isn't immediately resolved, Pigdonia will go into a state of revolt, and its nuclear arsenal may become useable by certain undesireables.

In other news: The mods have every right to nazi their way into your CProgging life, and i personally see nothing wrong with that. (i've never gotten shafted by them, so i've got no grudges.)

lightatdawn
05-07-2002, 04:29 PM
>>Hey maybe you mods should start deleting posts unintentionally

"Woops. Oh well, they didnt need to know that anyways."

>>(i've never gotten shafted by them, so i've got no grudges.)

What? Someone here hasn't been 'shafted'??? We're obviously slipping up. Try any of the following to remedy the problem:

1) Swear pointlessly
2) Post information regarding illegal activities3) Follow pirate128's approach to posting (quantity not quality)

I can guarantee a prompt shafting.

Yoshi
05-07-2002, 05:48 PM
>according to the internet laws u may not delete a message/posts from the board<

Then what does mods do? Think about this before you speak.

dayknight
05-07-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by nvoigt

The things you discussed were about learning how to get access to computers you are not having access to or cracking the copy protection of software. Both is illegal. Feel free to sue me if you like. Be prepared that this will result in authorities looking for illegal software in your home as well as in mine. They won't find anything here, I pay for things I use or don't use them if I think it's not worth it.
[/B]

hahahaha when u wana come over and see my cd collections

dayknight
05-07-2002, 06:02 PM
and things that we had in the post had nothing to do with hacking into computers, and i dont know where did that from. oh must be ur covering lies.

-KEN-
05-07-2002, 06:28 PM
Ooo...I'll take a shafting from l@d anytime ::growls::.

Hey, dayknight, you still haven't explained this internet law to us yet...

Dual-Catfish
05-07-2002, 06:34 PM
dayknight... despite your greatest beliefs, you're a lamer and there WERE links in that thread which could aide you in becoming a hacker.

I also wrongfully posted something in regards to cracking software :( Fight the mods all you want, you'll never win.
I'll admit, about 2 years ago I was exactly like you... but since then I've been enlightened (as I like to call it)

dayknight
05-07-2002, 06:38 PM
Fish (u better clean or ftp)
lol, fool!

Dual-Catfish
05-07-2002, 06:38 PM
Please, do explain.

dayknight, I'm willing to help you... just not in the ways you're thinking.

lightatdawn
05-07-2002, 07:08 PM
>>but since then I've been enlightened (as I like to call it)

Or as we like to call it: "shafted". ;)

>>Ooo...I'll take a shafting from l@d anytime ::growls::

Well, i really dont know what to say to that. For once I'm at a loss for words. :p

>>and why is my SECOND POST GONE u ***!

I really have no idea. But i can guess:
Profanity? Blatant disregard for board rules? Am I getting warmer?

>>Fish (u better clean or ftp)

This kind of thing isnt tolerated around here. Behave please.

>>oh must be ur covering lies.

Yes, thats what we facist, nazi, right-wing, extremist, racist, sexist, nudist... oh, wait scrap that last one... Mods do. We lie and then we cover our tracks. Especially nvoigt. Hes well known for not keeping a level head and objective position.

[we need a heavy sarcasm emoticon.]

-KEN-
05-07-2002, 07:40 PM
>>Well, i really dont know what to say to that. For once I'm at a loss for words.

Well, I figure since I never got to shove my FAQ submission up your arse we have to level the score SOMEhow :p ;)

Commander
05-07-2002, 07:44 PM
there WERE links in that thread which could aide you in becoming a hackeru r not talking about HDC, r u?

Aran
05-07-2002, 09:25 PM
we have to get minime back in here... if he and dayknight had a conversation i think they'd fall in love and get married immediately.

Aran
05-07-2002, 09:25 PM
they'd get married because minime couldn't recruit a wife.... no one was willing to marry him and then give him their code.

hmm...

Dissata
05-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Hey darknight, try and learn some programming before you try and be a hacker, cracker. once you can write a descent program, blab all you want, until then LEAVE! (or ask good nice programmatical questions like a good yung'un!)

nvoigt
05-07-2002, 11:52 PM
>Especially nvoigt

What ? Darn, my cover is blown. I'll have to get a new identity and bribe some people to tell nice stories about my new persona. All because of you l@d :p

Gades
05-08-2002, 02:23 AM
dayknight: thanks, really, I appreciate your effort. Thanks to you now we'll always have something to talk about. Also, I thank KEN for pointing out this thread to us.

Just two things:

1) ANYONE!! please get Ken F. here, he'd master this thread

2) dayknight: as you seem to know about these Internet laws, I've got a question for you:

"In the magazines, it usually says something about copyright, and it mentions that you're not allowed to reproduce anything from the magazine (either in another magazine, a book, an Internet page....). But, it's obvious that you speak with your friends, and coment the articles you read at home, then, if are you breaking the laws? I mean, no-one is going to sue you because you mentioned an article, but I guess you can talk with your friends through e-mails, MSN, forums, etc... therefore, you do publish the contents of the magazines. Once I contacted a magazine and asked if, as a mod, I could post an article at FD, but they said NO."

So, will you please tell me what the Internet laws say about copyright for magazine articles, which we want to post in a forum?

Regards

Gades

Govtcheez
05-08-2002, 02:14 PM
> at least one is a college student

Go me! ::does dance of tyranny and oppression::

> they'd get married

Yeah, maybe by the internet priests. If the server's in Idaho, it might even be legal!

Am I the only one that wonders if a script kiddie has to include special kiddie headers so their code will compile w/o syntax errors?
#include <hAX0r.h>

nOtHiNg main (nOtHiNg)
{
make1337(mE!!!!!!);
woRKComPuTAR!!!!!();
}

Aran
05-08-2002, 02:17 PM
govt, your code is wrong... it's all spelled correctly and it's understandable.. tisk tisk, you don't have what it takes to be l337.

Betazep
05-08-2002, 05:04 PM
Daynight... the whole point being is that it was just a thread.

It is just a bunch of typing that really means nothing when you can find half of the stuff that you were talking about on the seeming plethora of Hacker boards that are out there.

Why should you care so much if your post was deleted? Does it ruin your life or your livelyhood? I don't think it should if such is the case.

There are PMs on this board. If you find like minded people here (doubt it) that wish to discuss hacking, PM away. There are plenty of free email addresses out there... get fifty of them and discuss hacking all day long.

You seem to be missing something. The mods have decided that your post had illegal inferences in it, but that doesn't even matter. This is cprogramming.com... we talk about programming, technology, an occasional joke, etc. We don't discuss hacking, and few of us would even welcome it. (I know I could care less...)

Advice... quit hitting your head against the wall, and learn to respect assigned athority. You will get nowhere in a professional atmosphere without adherence to either.

You can't have everything your way in this world kid... don't expect it.....................................