PDA

View Full Version : internet radio day of silence.

ygfperson
05-01-2002, 07:18 PM
can anyone give me background on why this is happening? what act is congress voting on?

no-one
05-01-2002, 08:21 PM
the RIAA bastards think that internet radio should pay an exorbitant extra charge per song than regular radio stations!

freakin *******s why should internet radio pay more!!!!

secondly the bil will make internet radio stations liable for all the songs played previous to the bill!! WTF I THOUGHT THAT WAS ILLEGAL!! YOU CANT BE HELD LIABLE FOR A CRIME(or legislation for that matter) BEFORE IT WAS A FREAKIN CRIME!!!!

the S.O.B.s, those same *******s are pushing the DMCA and the SSSCA and the other CCTB??? whatever bill...

ygfperson
05-01-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by no-one
the RIAA bastards think that internet radio should pay an exorbitant extra charge per song than regular radio stations!

freakin *******s why should internet radio pay more!!!!

secondly the bil will make internet radio stations liable for all the songs played previous to the bill!! WTF I THOUGHT THAT WAS ILLEGAL!! YOU CANT BE HELD LIABLE FOR A CRIME(or legislation for that matter) BEFORE IT WAS A FREAKIN CRIME!!!!

the S.O.B.s, those same *******s are pushing the DMCA and the SSSCA and the other CCTB??? whatever bill...
it is illegal to punish people for a crime they committed before it was a crime. it's called an ex post facto law.

anyone else have a more ... "balanced" ... opinion?

no-one
05-01-2002, 09:23 PM
thats as balanced as it gets if your not with the RIAA man... they're a buch of money hungry animals.