PDA

View Full Version : Linux IPv6 Getting Started Problem

danjoe
01-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have inherited a networking project written in C that is about 2,000 lines long originally built on Debian OS. I moved it to Fedora and the IPv4 part works fine but the IPv6 part does not work correctly.

I ran the project with different kernels and still it does not work. My programming skills are weak so I think it might take me a while to really trace the program and find what is not working so my question can I easily research differences in IPv6 implementation between Debian and Red Hat based Distributions to solve this problem or what approach would anyone recommend since I really don't know the best approach to this problem? And if I can research differences between distributions what sources would be best because so far I have found very little?

Thanks,
Joe

Jimmy
01-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have inherited a networking project written in C that is about 2,000 lines long originally built on Debian OS. I moved it to Fedora and the IPv4 part works fine but the IPv6 part does not work correctly.

I ran the project with different kernels and still it does not work. My programming skills are weak so I think it might take me a while to really trace the program and find what is not working so my question can I easily research differences in IPv6 implementation between Debian and Red Hat based Distributions to solve this problem or what approach would anyone recommend since I really don't know the best approach to this problem? And if I can research differences between distributions what sources would be best because so far I have found very little?

Thanks,
Joe
Define "the IPv6 part does not work correctly".

Nominal Animal
01-29-2015, 02:19 PM
It is almost certainly a system configuration issue.

Rather than look for problems in the code, first make sure, and test, that you have IPv6 interfaces correctly configured, including firewall rules. For details, look at the distribution documentation and message boards, for keywords network and IPv6.